Why the new Note 7 MAY(or MAY NOT) be a good idea to buy...

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Why not wait for the official announcement to make a decision?

For some people, it's too hard to do, and they just love making up [removed by mod] based on rumors. You haven't seen anything yet and just wait til the official release to see the trolls come out of the woodwork.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I know that's directed at the OP (and is something I would normally agree with), but personally speaking I've seen enough confirmed info to know it doesn't have what I want/value most in a Note and/or has things I despise (ex. sealed/embedded battery, glass back, edge screen) so I'm out even before it's officially announced. For the record, what would've gotten my attention was a refined version of a Note 4 with a larger flat screen (ex. 5.9").
Samsung seems to be fully committed to the improvements they were able to do with the s6 and s7. They will lose a fringe over it but they've gotten a lot of praise for the new designs and performance. Regressing by two years isn't likely to happen. Luckily LG and a couple others are still offering removable this and that for the time being until they choose a direction of their own.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I know that's directed at the OP (and is something I would normally agree with), but personally speaking I've seen enough confirmed info to know it doesn't have what I want/value most in a Note and/or has things I despise (ex. sealed/embedded battery, glass back, edge screen) so I'm out even before it's officially announced. For the record, what would've gotten my attention was a refined version of a Note 4 with a larger flat screen (ex. 5.9").

But NOTHING has been confirmed outside of the shape and iris scanner. This is why these type of posts still exist. LOL

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I went to Best buy last Friday to get a mini HDMI display port for my Surface pro 3 , and checked out the Samsung section. I held the S7 edge in my hands and it felt so good. I forgot to check out the keyboard as people say it's hard to use with the edge screen. I am really excited for the Note 7, but if the keyboard is not easy to use, I may stick with my Note 5.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I really would like to check out or even get the N7 if its not to expensive. I just got my S7 edge when that came out and i had the N4 before that. I'm on the jump program from T-Mobile and I eligible to upgrade now if I like. The only thing that's holding me back is the price. If its over $800 I'm out. But if it's around the $779 range I'll be thinking about it. That's the price I paid for my S7E. Only time will tell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I really would like to check out or even get the N7 if its not to expensive. I just got my S7 edge when that came out and i had the N4 before that. I'm on the jump program from T-Mobile and I eligible to upgrade now if I like. The only thing that's holding me back is the price. If its over $800 I'm out. But if it's around the $779 range I'll be thinking about it. That's the price I paid for my S7E. Only time will tell.

I can't imagine paying over 800 for a cell phone. I'm sorry but I got limits. I can buy a nice laptop with that kind of cash.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing it's gonna be more than 800. It's coming with 64gb and a bigger screen, plus the spen. It's gonna have to cost more than the S7 edge.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If your a phone jumper, I totally get not wanting to shell out that kind of cash for a phone. But the trend is reverting back to people keeping their devices for 2, 3 even 4 years.

For that kind of money, I'm keeping the thing until it dies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing it's gonna be more than 800. It's coming with 64gb and a bigger screen, plus the spen. It's gonna have to cost more than the S7 edge.

Which is dumb. Why not make a cheaper 32gb version? its got expandable memory so I have no reason to want to pay more for 64gb when 32gb is plenty and if I need to I can pop a SD card into it.

The Note is already a niche phone in a way. Upping the price that much will really hurt the sales on this. People simply wanting larger screen might go for the V20 or an Edge if they don't really need the Spen. If it's over 800 I might go after an Edge then for the bigger screen.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Which is dumb. Why not make a cheaper 32gb version? its got expandable memory so I have no reason to want to pay more for 64gb when 32gb is plenty and if I need to I can pop a SD card into it.

The Note is already a niche phone in a way. Upping the price that much will really hurt the sales on this. People simply wanting larger screen might go for the V20 or an Edge if they don't really need the Spen. If it's over 800 I might go after an Edge then for the bigger screen.
Ehh, some people just don't like SD cards.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ehh, some people just don't like SD cards.

I am not the biggest fan of them but for things like storing movies / tv shows on them.. That is okay by me. I wouldn't ever store photos or anything I would hate to lose on them. I do backup to the cloud but usually have that set to WiFi only so it doesn't drain my battery trying to back things up while I am out and about :).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL, we obviously have very different definitions of "improvements", "fringe", and "regressing". Ditto on our views on user-replaceable batteries and OS updates (from various other thread discussions). Then again you're well ensconced with Nexus type devices while I'm the opposite (actually dislike pretty much everything about them from hardware to software). Nothing wrong with any of that, but we're so far apart on our views we'll just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. :)

I'm cool with that. :)

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
In fairness though, some of the speculation often turns out to be true. Remember :

1) The S6 removal of the SD card rumor

2) The stunning 2600 mah rumor for the S6.

3) The Module rumor for the G5.

Clearly there are a few folks out there that have gotten their hands on the Note 7. Some is speculation and some will end up being true.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
In fairness though, some of the speculation often turns out to be true. Remember :

1) The S6 removal of the SD card rumor

2) The stunning 2600 mah rumor for the S6.

3) The Module rumor for the G5.

Clearly there are a few folks out there that have gotten their hands on the Note 7. Some is speculation and some will end up being true.

I totally agree. But my position is why argue over nothing but negative points? It seems counterproductive. That, and it seems like more folks are trying to convince themselves NOT to buy it than to get it.

Personally, it's an upgrade from the Note 5 no matter how you cut it, so I win lol. So Unless there's a true heavy contender against the N7, (which there really isn't) then they've got my money lol.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree. But my position is why argue over nothing but negative points? It seems counterproductive. That, and it seems like more folks are trying to convince themselves NOT to buy it than to get it.

Personally, it's an upgrade from the Note 5 no matter how you cut it, so I win lol. So Unless there's a true heavy contender against the N7, (which there really isn't) then they've got my money lol.
Nexus Marlin IMO comes close. Current rumors have almost everything (spec-wise) the same through .2" screen size difference. Will have to see once both actually exist.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

How is it an upgrade from the note 5? Give me the positives.

Posted via the *Note 5*