Anyone going from S7 Edge to Note 7

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The s7edge is a pretty awesome phone, but i REALLY miss the note features, so i cant wait for the new note. Just hope battery life is as good as the 7edge

Posted via the Android Central App

What Note features do you miss? I'm guessing the Spen, but what specifically?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a nexus 6p and I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna get the new nexus the big one or the note. But if the nexus is like the renders and is two tone on the back like them horrible renders I'll be getting the note

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I mainly wanted a flat screen to use glass protectors and I personally don't see any advantage with the edges except for cool looks. Seeing as the regular s7 was ever so slightly curved anyway I went back to an S7 edge and will try note 7 though I admit I am disappointed its not flat HOWEVER if they made it "flat" it would have been ever so slightly curved like the regular s7 and therefore needing regular screen protectors anyway , that being said I'd rather have "full" edges if I gotta deal with the plastic protectors anyway lol.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I have Jump on Demand on a secondary line is to try as many flagship phones every year so I'll definitely give the Note 7 a spin.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I mainly wanted a flat screen to use glass protectors and I personally don't see any advantage with the edges except for cool looks. Seeing as the regular s7 was ever so slightly curved anyway I went back to an S7 edge and will try note 7 though I admit I am disappointed its not flat HOWEVER if they made it "flat" it would have been ever so slightly curved like the regular s7 and therefore needing regular screen protectors anyway , that being said I'd rather have "full" edges if I gotta deal with the plastic protectors anyway lol.

You have this right. The regular S7 with it's "Flat" screen is just as bad as the S7 edge when it comes to tempered glass screen protectors.
I have both and have to use crappy film protectors on both phones. Samsung's flat is not really flat in reality. :-\

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea it seems the Edge line it's either you love it or hate it. I've seen a number of people return the Edge for the regular S7 because they hate the curved edges and accidentally hitting stuff.

I've never once accidentally hit something due to the curved screen, but when I always have trouble hitting certain buttons on the curve. A lot of time they don't register.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The way the Note 7 looks it will be a larger version of the Edge basically with the Spen. I would think a thick case like the new Otterbox Defender or one of the immitation Defenders sold on Amazon would help with the grip too.

I tried the Defender and Commuter, too thick for the phone. Got a Spigen Ultra Thin case... grip is perfect. Great case for slick, cool looking phone, my Note 5.

Btw... I read your other post about buying so many phones this past year. Take it as you wish, a suggestion... slow down and keep a phone for a year, maybe two!

You'll save a lot of money.. But it won't give you a lot to write about. ??????

YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I tried the Defender and Commuter, too thick for the phone. Got a Spigen Ultra Thin case... grip is perfect. Great case for slick, cool looking phone, my Note 5.

Btw... I read your other post about buying so many phones this past year. Take it as you wish, a suggestion... slow down and keep a phone for a year, maybe two!

You'll save a lot of money.. But it won't give you a lot to write about. ������

YMMV.

I also want a bigger screen though. I thought I'd like having a smaller phone to carry around but after awhile I want a bigger phone again. What about an Iphone 7plus? large screen and they seem to stay in style longer but I'm so used to Android and Samsung now.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
What Note features do you miss? I'm guessing the Spen, but what specifically?

Posted via the *Note 5*

Mainly the s pen, i jot down lists and save memos on screen. I copy and paste a lot and the s pen makes that easier.

Also, for work i take a lot of pics or screenshots and i can write a note or circle something on a picture.

The s7edge is a great phone, but the 5.5 edge screen is just a little too narrow for me for typing with two hands.. i thought i wanted a slightly smaller phone, but im so used to the size of the note all around, and the s pen, ill get one on release day lol.. unless the battery is weak.. the note 5 was a disappointment after the mm update, it didn't make it through a full day anymore.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
... i thought i wanted a slightly smaller phone, but im so used to the size of the note all around

Funny... I have a LG G4 and just for kicks I started thinking about switching to the S7 just to have it more pocketable. But I'm sure I will be happier with the note as the small size will become old quick. Anyone else here try out the S7 after having a bigger phone?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I really like the S7E but just got use to the S-Pen. However, I'm gonna keep the S7E and get rid of my N5.