07-28-2016 08:41 PM
63 123
tools
    If I was going to be a Note customer and flat and curved were the options, I'd choose flat.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    recDNA likes this.
    07-24-2016 07:27 PM
    Flat. 4gb of ram is plenty. I doubt there are significant differences between 820 and 821. Flat gives you more effective screen real estate without glare. Nothing to me is good about the curved screen. I don't even personally like how it looks.

IF everything else about the phone was near perfect (4000mah battery, 5.8" screen, smooth well optimized software) I would at least give the curves a try but that is starting to seem less likely...

Posted via the Android Central App
    recDNA likes this.
    07-24-2016 08:25 PM
    I'd go flat with less specs I think but I'd have to play with both in the store.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-24-2016 08:32 PM
    Curved. Flat is nice but I like the look of the curve more.
    07-24-2016 10:31 PM
    If this does gets released with curve edges what is the chances that it will or could come with some edge features? I think that might be pretty cool.

07-25-2016 12:12 AM
    07-25-2016 09:33 AM
    Woah! Long time no see!
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-25-2016 06:05 PM
    Is it just me or is that blue text really hard to look at?
    07-26-2016 03:22 AM
    Woah! Long time no see!
    Lol, I've been lurking about. Lots of new names I don't recognize. I can always find you though. 😉 I'm gearing up (literally just bought a case and a charger) for the Note 7. How about you? What are you rocking these days?
    07-26-2016 07:56 AM
    Lol, I've been lurking about. Lots of new names I don't recognize. I can always find you though. I'm gearing up (literally just bought a case and a charger) for the Note 7. How about you? What are you rocking these days?
    Nexus 6P for personal and Nexus 5X for work, with an extra Nexus 6 on Project Fi to play around with. I'm definitely picking up a Nexus Marlin unless it's terribad and strongly considering a Note 7.
    Almeuit and msndrstood like this.
    07-26-2016 09:19 AM
    Nexus 6P for personal and Nexus 5X for work, with an extra Nexus 6 on Project Fi to play around with. I'm definitely picking up a Nexus Marlin unless it's terribad and strongly considering a Note 7.
    And for those who don't know this... Aquila usually hates "derp" (physical) home buttons. I almost fell out of my chair when he said he was considering one ^_^.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-26-2016 10:15 AM
    And for those who don't know this... Aquila usually hates "derp" (physical) home buttons. I almost fell out of my chair when he said he was considering one ^_^.
    I still strongly oppose off screen buttons of any sort, but I'm willing to give phones with a front facing fingerprint scanner a pass if, and only if, the FPS is also the home button and it has cap buttons next to it on either side. Software buttons + front FPS is so much worse than what Samsung does, that it has become the true enemy and Samsung gets a pass until no OEMs derp that hard. Then I'll be back after Samsung.
    07-26-2016 10:23 AM
    I want flat for a few reasons:

1. The display direct surface is a true 5.7" display rather than some curved away.
    2. As the current Edge devices are showing, more apt to have crack issues.
    3. The cost would be at least $50 less with flat.
    4. I do not like the curved display. Seems a costly gimmick to me.
    5. Case protection options verses display edge coverage is a problem.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-26-2016 11:32 AM
    I still strongly oppose off screen buttons of any sort, but I'm willing to give phones with a front facing fingerprint scanner a pass if, and only if, the FPS is also the home button and it has cap buttons next to it on either side. Software buttons + front FPS is so much worse than what Samsung does, that it has become the true enemy and Samsung gets a pass until no OEMs derp that hard. Then I'll be back after Samsung.
    I had the Nexus S and the Gnex with the cap buttons, but since the Note 2, I found that I like the physical buttons. I was always paranoid that the power button would die and I'd be stuck since I turn my phone on a bazillion times a day. Unfortunately, with the iris scanner on the GN7 I won't be able to use it, and I rarely use the fingerprint scanner, so swipey swipe works for me 😁

I'm excited for next week, I hope the GN7 will be available on day 1 and not have to wait 2 weeks. Ugh. Come on already!
    Preach2k and dcooper830 like this.
    07-26-2016 12:55 PM
    I'm willing to give phones with a front facing fingerprint scanner a pass if, and only if, the FPS is also the home button and it has cap buttons next to it on either side.
    Isn't this how the Note 5 already works? Hopefully the Note 7 is the same. This would be my preferred setup as well.
    07-26-2016 12:57 PM

1. The display direct surface is a true 5.7" display rather than some curved away.
    Can you say for sure that ANY of what you listed will be the case with the Note 7 ?

07-26-2016 01:05 PM

Can you prove 2 and 5?
    07-26-2016 01:10 PM
    Isn't this how the Note 5 already works? Hopefully the Note 7 is the same. This would be my preferred setup as well.
    Yes that is how the Note 5 and Note 7 work.
    07-26-2016 01:25 PM
    Can you prove 2 and 5?
    Search the drop tests for 2 and 5 is physical fact, since case options are limited that protects all around the rim of display without impeding the functional view of the curve part of display. Flat is easier to design for in regards to reducing compromises.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-26-2016 02:39 PM
    Search the drop tests for 2 and 5 is physical fact, since case options are limited that protects all around the rim of display without impeding the functional view of the curve part of display. Flat is easier to design for in regards to reducing compromises.
    I have hands on experience with S6 Edge Plus and the S7 Edge, daughters dropped it down wood stairs, floors, and concrete in cases of course. Not on scratch or crack. I always like flat phones but after I seen how these phones handled with a case not worried about the curved edge..
    07-26-2016 03:11 PM
    07-27-2016 11:59 AM
    I've never been impressed by Samsung lite phone versions. I'll definitely take the 6 GB RAM version. I no longer see any point in updating my main phone yearly so I want the "full package".

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-27-2016 12:27 PM
    I have had a lot of phones over the years, every version iPhone since 3G, every HTC one until the m9, every note since the note 2, plus a couple motos (atrix and X) and nexi and I have dropped them several times (my m8 I've dropped a couple times from shoulder level, I dropped my GS6 on concrete twice from about 4ft, dropped my iPhone 4 on to concrete from about 3 ft, and even once dropped my 5S from 15ft high onto tile and I never had a screen break until my S7 edge took a tumble from a table top onto tile. And the funny thing is I never use a case, but because of the curved screen I decided to use one with my edge, so it was the only one in a case and it's the one that broke on me.

The edge display looks awesome, but to me it's not worth the added fragility or all the false touches. I would much prefer a flat Note 7.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-27-2016 03:55 PM
    FLAT. I probably said that before.
    07-27-2016 03:57 PM
    Looking like flat is where it's at.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-28-2016 08:52 AM
63 123