07-28-2016 08:41 PM
63 123
tools
    I don't know. There seems to be a lot of cases available to accommodate a slight curve. I wouldn't call it a curve actually maybe just a taper to allow for a large screen look in a smaller footprint. Does that make people feel better if we call it a taper instead of a curve?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-28-2016 08:56 AM
    No. Still makes screen more likely to crack, precludes glass screen cover use with a case, and makes it more difficult to hold
    07-28-2016 11:28 AM
    I don't know. There seems to be a lot of cases available to accommodate a slight curve. I wouldn't call it a curve actually maybe just a taper to allow for a large screen look in a smaller footprint. Does that make people feel better if we call it a taper instead of a curve?

It ain't so bad. For those who have used it they realize it after a while. It definitely will throw you off at first since you aren't used to it but that is normal when changing phone types. Once you get used to the feel there isn't a difference really. I swapped back to the Note 5 and still handle it just as well as I did my S7 Edge once I re-adjusted to the bigger size.
    07-28-2016 11:36 AM
    The back apparently does have a curve to it.
    07-28-2016 11:40 AM

The curve is not that bad at all. You have a lot of people here who just do not like a phone with an Edge on it and will not say anything good about a phone with an Edge. I like flat phones also but my daughters have Edge phones in Spigen cases. With them having no issues after phone drops I do not mind getting an edge phone as long as it does what I need it for Business and Entertainment.
    07-28-2016 05:29 PM
    The curve is not that bad at all. You have a lot of people here who just do not like a phone with an Edge on it and will not say anything good about a phone with an Edge. I like flat phones also but my daughters have Edge phones in Spigen cases. With them having no issues after phone drops I do not mind getting an edge phone as long as it does what I need it for Business and Entertainment.
    Yeah, I've had 2 consecutive phones with edges and they've held up just as well as my flat phones. I'm not worried about the durability of an edge screen.
    Preach2k likes this.
    07-28-2016 06:30 PM
    Well, this is interesting.

According to a GIF tweeted by Marques Brownlee, it might seem that the actual "curved" portion of the display might actually be almost insignificant.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MKBHD/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    07-28-2016 07:00 PM

According to a GIF tweeted by Marques Brownlee, it might seem that the actual "curved" portion of the display might actually be almost insignificant.

Cool if true. No offense to curve fans
    07-28-2016 07:13 PM

What he said is Your first 360 of the Galaxy Note7. Can barely call it a “leak” anymore at this point, eh? My take is because of all the leaks you can't call any new pictures of the Note 7 an leak anymore.
    07-28-2016 07:14 PM
    The edges look much tighter and uniform with the body. Looks like they've refined it as I expected.

07-28-2016 07:16 PM
    What he said is Your first 360 of the Galaxy Note7. Can barely call it a “leak” anymore at this point, eh? My take is because of all the leaks you can't call any new pictures of the Note 7 an leak anymore.
    Agreed. That looks too legit to quit.
    07-28-2016 07:18 PM
    I actually like it.

A pretty nice middle ground between ergonomics and functionality with the pure style and beauty of the curved edge.

07-28-2016 07:23 PM
    I'm still going to have to get over the fact that the back is glass. Last glass-backed phone I used was the iPhone 4, which of course I cracked multiple times -- even with cases. At least they were cheap and easy to replace...
    07-28-2016 08:41 PM
63 123