08-01-2016 06:25 AM
180 ... 45678
tools
    I think you missed the point of my entire post but that's okay.

Yes and if I thought that does 3500 or 3600 rumors were untrue. I think they're just as much a rumor is us getting a 4000. The point that seems to be eluding you is that you're going on a rumor just as baseless as the rumor that we might be getting a bigger battery. They are just that, rumors. You have 6 days to sit and wait before you figure out if you're going to be disappointed or not. For all you know that could be a battery inside that's 4,000 or larger. You just don't know.

Oh and by the way no one said that you weren't allowed to be disappointed. That's your given right as a human. But that that's like me getting upset and disappointed over the new PlayStation 4 that hasn't even come out yet. How can I get upset over something that has no official specs or release? It personally makes no sense to me.

And maybe this is part of the etiquette here, I don't know. But if I'm not happy with a product I just won't to buy it. Seems pretty simple to me. Just like it'll be simple for me when I start the purchase process on August 2nd.
    I agree with you. But I do think the battery on the Note 7 will be 3500 MAH, and I think even though there will be some initial disappointment, it's real world use and reviews that will ultimately decide people's decisions.

Even if all the true stats leaked today, there is NO WAY anyone can predict how this phone will manage those stats until we see it in action.

Posted via the Android Central App
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    07-27-2016 01:37 PM
    I agree with you. But I do think the battery on the Note 7 will be 3500 MAH, and I think even though there will be some initial disappointment, it's real world use and reviews that will ultimately decide people's decisions.

Even if all the true stats leaked today, there is NO WAY anyone can predict how this phone will manage those stats until we see it in action.

And that's the part that seems to be eluding everyone. So eloquently put.
    07-27-2016 02:04 PM
    And let's face it. Some Samsung fans are the worst when it comes to being happy with their device.

They could put a 6,000 MAH battery in the S8, and we'd still still posts like , "HELP, my battery is draining! How are some of you getting 3 day battery life when I'm struggling to get 12 hours SOT"!

07-27-2016 02:21 PM
    And let's face it. Some Samsung fans are the worst when it comes to being happy with their device.

They could put a 6,000 MAH battery in the S8, and we'd still still posts like , "HELP, my battery is draining! How are some of you getting 3 day battery life when I'm struggling to get 12 hours SOT"!

I'm starting to notice that lol. This was never an issue at CrackBerry. All their devices have been great though, especially with battery.

That's why I adored my Note 4 though. It was a battery champ, like my BB devices.
    07-27-2016 03:31 PM
    Agreed; Even with the same phone, people are going to use theirs differently. Levels of brightness will be different for each person, some may play more games/watch movies/surf the net more than others. In short, their are Way too many variables.
    But the same type phone with the same user and the same habits, apps, brightness etc will last longer with 4000 mAh than 3500... So 4000 is better. It really IS simple. Now I might get 4 hrs sot and you may get 6 but with a smaller battery both of us do worse.
    07-27-2016 03:50 PM
    I'm starting to notice that lol. This was never an issue at CrackBerry. All their devices have been great though, especially with battery.

That's why I adored my Note 4 though. It was a battery champ, like my BB devices.
    Note 4 had great battery life, and overall is the best handset I've owned thus far. The M7 being a distant second.

07-27-2016 03:51 PM

IMO Samsung makes the best phones. I won't switch. That said I still prefer 4000mAh to 3500 especially when I was duped by fake leaks telling me to look forward to 4000!

"happy" is relative. I'm so happy with my Note 3 that even Sammy has yet to build anything good enough to get me to switch! I' d be even happier if I got 6 hours sot!
    07-27-2016 03:53 PM
    IMO Samsung makes the best phones. I won't switch. That said I still prefer 4000mAh to 3500 especially when I was duped by fake leaks telling me to look forward to 4000!

"happy" is relative. I'm so happy with my Note 3 that even Sammy has yet to build anything good enough to get me to switch! I' d be even happier if I got 6 hours sot!
    But who said these were false leaks? I mean...Samsung hasn't confirmed, so hold out hope.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-27-2016 04:01 PM

We do not know what is coming. Remember these are leaks Not by Samsung. So everything are Rumors until August 2nd. We could see a flat Note 7 with the Curved Note 7. We could get a 4000mah battery with 6GB of Ram. We could battery 3500mah with 4GB of Ram. It's all Rumors! There is nothing set in stone.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-27-2016 04:24 PM
    I want to be able to change batteries when I want to. I hate not being able to take the back off and change. ugh... I have the S7 and I hate it. Loved my Note 4. Just gonna sell this thing.
    07-27-2016 04:27 PM
    Note 4 had great battery life, and overall is the best handset I've owned thus far. The M7 being a distant second.

Wish I could say that. Camera was bad on mine and battery couldn't last 1/2 day. Even trying fresh new batteries. I know there were many others that had a great experience with theirs. I did love the look of that phone.
    07-27-2016 05:31 PM
    But the same type phone with the same user and the same habits, apps, brightness etc will last longer with 4000 mAh than 3500... So 4000 is better. It really IS simple. Now I might get 4 hrs sot and you may get 6 but with a smaller battery both of us do worse.
    Agreed. I would LOVE a 4000 mAh battery. Even thought the latest rumors suggest a 3500 mAh, I'm still hoping for a 4000 mAh N7.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-27-2016 06:35 PM
    Agreed. I would LOVE a 4000 mAh battery. Even thought the latest rumors suggest a 3500 mAh, I'm still hoping for a 4000 mAh N7.
    We all do.
    07-27-2016 07:12 PM
    I think everyone hopes for as large as battery as possible. I think what others are arguing against though, is freaking out if it's somewhat smaller.

07-27-2016 07:28 PM
    I think you missed the point of my entire post but that's okay.

Yes and if I thought that does 3500 or 3600 rumors were untrue. I think they're just as much a rumor is us getting a 4000. The point that seems to be eluding you is that you're going on a rumor just as baseless as the rumor that we might be getting a bigger battery. They are just that, rumors. You have 6 days to sit and wait before you figure out if you're going to be disappointed or not. For all you know that could be a battery inside that's 4,000 or larger. You just don't know.

Oh and by the way no one said that you weren't allowed to be disappointed. That's your given right as a human. But that that's like me getting upset and disappointed over the new PlayStation 4 that hasn't even come out yet. How can I get upset over something that has no official specs or release? It personally makes no sense to me.

And maybe this is part of the etiquette here, I don't know. But if I'm not happy with a product I just won't to buy it. Seems pretty simple to me. Just like it'll be simple for me when I start the purchase process on August 2nd.
    Let's be real man. When it gets this close rumors are usually correct. So I get your point, but I've been following phone releases for forever, as I'm sure you probably have. 4000mah is very unlikely at this point, so I'm disappointed. I don't care if it's a rumor that I'm disappointed in. If it happens to be 4k mah then I'll just be pleasantly surprised and eat my words.

But yes, you're right everything is just rumors right now. The specs could be anything. It could be only 3200mah and everybody could be wrong. We just don't know. But that'll be OK because it might last 3 days on a single charge because we can't go by battery capacity. We need to see how it performs. Like you said, nothing is official until August 2nd.
    07-27-2016 07:51 PM
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a new battery installed in the Note 5? I'm sure I'll have to do it at least once with my Note 7.

07-27-2016 07:56 PM
    What ever size battery Samsung puts in the Note 7 will be fine by me, I usually have 70% left on my Note 5 after a 12 hour day.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-27-2016 08:09 PM
    What ever size battery Samsung puts in the Note 7 will be fine by me, I usually have 70% left on my Note 5 after a 12 hour day.
    This is why 20% larger than the Note 5 is a GOOD thing
    07-27-2016 08:16 PM
    Just curious to know.

How is your usage pattern like?
    07-27-2016 08:22 PM
    I take my phone off the charging pad at 6:30 am when I leave for work. Throughout the day I spend about 1.5 hours total reading the news and maybe send and receive 5 or 6 text messages. I use S Note 4 or 5 times to take notes for work. I take 3 or 4 pictures for work. Read a few emails that come in. Get home about 7: 00 pm.
    My data, Wi-Fi and GPS are always on.
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    07-27-2016 08:39 PM
    I take my phone off the charging pad at 6:30 am when I leave for work. Throughout the day I spend about 1.5 hours total reading the news and maybe send and receive 5 or 6 text messages. I use S Note 4 or 5 times to take notes for work. I take 3 or 4 pictures for work. Read a few emails that come in. Get home about 7: 00 pm.
    My data, Wi-Fi and GPS are always on.
    That's not bad.

My G4 would fare significantly worse, and my M7 would probably run out of juice by 4PM.
    07-27-2016 08:54 PM
    Looks like reviewers have got the phone already. Paul O'Brien confirmed smaller battery.

https://i.imgur.com/8CoYBYth.png
    07-27-2016 11:50 PM
    Does anyone know how much it costs to have a new battery installed in the Note 5? I'm sure I'll have to do it at least once with my Note 7.

I checked out the very same question. If you're under warranty or extended warranty, you have to send the phone to Samsung, which is b.s. and if they deem it bad, they'll replace it under warranty.

If you just want a new battery installed, it's about Seventy bucks, but you still have to send to Samsung.

A local top repair shop quoted me sixty five bucks for factory Samsung battery but the warranty is voided.

Samsung needs to place warranty repair centers in many cities so like Apple, you can schedule an appointment and they'll install a new battery in an hour's time.

There is no way I'll send my phone away to Samsung unless they offer me a loaner phone. My Note 5 battery, if it was back in the replacement days, I'd have installed a new one by now.

The b.s. Samsung repair policy is the Achilles heel of the company!

YMMV.

07-28-2016 12:21 AM
    Looks like reviewers have got the phone already. Paul O'Brien confirmed smaller battery.

https://i.imgur.com/8CoYBYth.png
    I guess that means it's very likely going to be 3500mAh, judging from the tweet as it compares it to an S7e, and should be significantly larger than the Note5 anyway.

Mildly disappointed, but it's still an improvement over its predecessor and my old phones.
    07-28-2016 12:35 AM
    I see a wave of complaints coming next week. Between the vilified Edge design to the battery stat, I'm not sure I can take all the whining were in for. lol

Preach2k likes this.
    07-28-2016 01:59 AM
180 ... 45678