The Galaxy Note7 may feature a 3500mAh battery

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Well...at this point I probably shouldn't be surprised. The edged screen, non-removable battery, I was already looking away fromt it. Seriously how can an s7 active have 4000mAh battery and this giant note can't? I understand the space of the s-pen slot can be an issue but i thought battery technology has increased since then, and 500mAh decrease from what it originally was? I can only hope that Android 7 will not be as battery-consuming as Lolipop was.

space

you have to factor in space for the S pen which takes up a fair bit of space. The S7 edge doesn't have space that the note will need

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I seen a video where someone said that it was thinner then the Note 5. I think it was from Pocket Now.
That was just Jaime making an assumption based on how it looked.

I mentioned in the comments of the video that it's probably an illusion caused by the edged display.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Well...at this point I probably shouldn't be surprised. The edged screen, non-removable battery, I was already looking away fromt it. Seriously how can an s7 active have 4000mAh battery and this giant note can't? I understand the space of the s-pen slot can be an issue but i thought battery technology has increased since then, and 500mAh decrease from what it originally was? I can only hope that Android 7 will not be as battery-consuming as Lolipop was.
Same Samsung needs to understand that the Note should be the top of the line function over form device. If people want a fancy looking phone that's what the S and especially edge line is for.

The note should be a no BS, gimmicks productivity device as far as mobile phones can be used for productivity .

With a bigger phone there are more pixels to push, so a bigger battery will be needed...can't believe people are still falling for marketing crap like software optimization and even if that existed a bigger removable battery would still be better than every alternative.

Not exactly exited but it will be interesting to see if Samsung can take back the Note line to it's former glory instead of just making it a bigger S line device with an S Pen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Same Samsung needs to understand that the Note should be the top of the line function over form device. If people want a fancy looking phone that's what the S and especially edge line is for.

The note should be a no BS, gimmicks productivity device as far as mobile phones can be used for productivity .

With a bigger phone there are more pixels to push, so a bigger battery will be needed...can't believe people are still falling for marketing crap like software optimization and even if that existed a bigger removable battery would still be better than every alternative.

Not exactly exited but it will be interesting to see if Samsung can take back the Note line to it's former glory instead of just making it a bigger S line device with an S Pen.
It would be nice but sadly it isn't the case. Maybe the Note isn't for you?

I'll reserve my judgement on battery claims for real world results. So many times people judge on specs and the opposite happens.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
It would be nice but sadly it isn't the case. Maybe the Note isn't for you?

I'll reserve my judgement on battery claims for real world results. So many times people judge on specs and the opposite happens.
Well I have the Note 4 so the line is for sure for me.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
We must remember these are all rumors until we get the Official announcement on August 2nd.
Not for nothing but August 2nd is ........ NEXT week already !!!!!

I guess as we get closer to this date we all become even more impatient ??

If we could place preorders in that day or even the next day then that'll be my gameplan

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not for nothing but August 2nd is ........ NEXT week already !!!!!

I guess as we get closer to this date we all become even more impatient ??

If we could place preorders in that day or even the next day then that'll be my gameplan

Wait, these nerds are going to get MORE impatient?!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Uh, a larger screen with the same resolution doesn't really mean it has to drive more pixels. In fact, the number of pixels on the larger display is the same as the one on the smaller display with the same resolution. That's why the PPI number is higher on smaller displays with the same resolution.

Though it is spread over a wider area, so more power may be needed to light up the wider area, but probably not as much, especially since we're talking about AMOLED here.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

First and foremost, the Note needs to be a phone that makes the company money.

Posted via the Android Central App

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Seems like people continue to bring up the same defense for Android devices/software every year. Supposedly it's always going to be more optimized for battery life, yet always disappoints. Only phones that I can say have extremely good battery life is the iPhone 6s plus and now the S7E. Im hoping the Note 7 has a bigger battery than the rumored 3500.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In the world of batteries and power, it's more complicated than just mAh numbers and energy efficiency percentage improvements.
Yup. Battery size is only directly comparable when the device is identical. Even with very similar specs like the s6 and Note 5,the note 5 was around 15-20% larger battery, but got like 50% if not more battery life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad