unlocked bootloader or not !!!! that is the ??? for me!

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the S7 edge T-mobile and there phones was always unlocked far as bootloaders are concerned. The S7 T mobile has a locked bootloader. But the devs has cracked it and now can be rooted as from what I've seen on XDA...
DOES anyone know if there is a chance of getting an unlocked variant???

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If you're buying from a carrier, the bootloader will likely be locked.

Though in the case of the S7, the global variants seem to have an unlocked bootloader out of the box.

Personally, I don't really care much about unlockable bootloaders these days. While I really want those in the past, these days, I feel like many skins have evolved to the point where I don't feel like it's a must for me to unlock the bootloader and flash a custom ROM. Not to mention that Good Lock and the Android 6.0 theme actually does make it look pretty close to stock Android in the case of the current TouchWiz.

(LG G3 - Android 6.0)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased the S7 edge T-mobile and there phones was always unlocked far as bootloader are concerned. The S7 Tina mobile has a locked bootloader. But the devs has cracked it and now can be rooted as from what I've seen on XDA...
DOES THIS MATTER TO ANYONE ???

Posted via the Android Central App

For me it doesn't matter at all.

As diehard said above -- most likely will be locked.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What they said above. TMobile Note 7 would probably be locked but there are unlocked bootloader options if you want