What Computer/surface should i get to go with my new samsung note 7?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

I'm swiping from apple and selling my mac what computers do android users use these days?
Well I'm pretty sure there will be people using different brands of PC or Mac or Chromebooks. It's not like android users are using some one brand of anything. Depending on budget and needs they will choose one of those.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
re:

For a laptop, go MSI. Though this is for a power user and won't get the best battery life. Razer is a good choice though pricey and lots of people are enjoying the dell xps though i don't trust anything by dell.

For a tablet, surface is my favorite. Though some people like some don't. It's more of a computer than a tablet and is also price for the good model.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
re:

I recently started using the Asus Chromebook Flip. Its keyboard can completely swing under to make it a touch tablet.

It's phenomenal and soon (or now on developer channel) I can load full Android apps from the Play store. Making it work with Skype, office etc or even GMAIL offline.

I almost never need my slow loading bulky Windows laptop anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
re:

If you want to be mobile and just connect to a dock and monitor when at home; I'd consider a Surface Pro, or one of the "2 in 1" laptops. Both offer table like capabilities and are relatively small/lightweight, but can perform as a desktop when docked. Windows 10 is a versatile OS that works well with the Google ecosystem. Most current small form factor laptops/2 in 1s, and Surface Pros also have USB ports so that you to connect a Note via USB if needed.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
re:

If you don't need to run JAVA to use the programs you need then I would suggest a Chromebook as it is inexpensive compared to PCs and does everything well. With the ability to run android apps from the Play Store you can run MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote) exactly like on a PC. If you don't mind the cost I would suggest a Samsung Series 9 laptop in the version with a solid metal case and all solid state components allowing for a very thin form factor is what I have been using for the last 4 years.
You should be aware that MS has stopped support for most models of the Surface and most likely will stop supporting all of them in the near future from the reports I have seen.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
re:

If you don't need to run JAVA to use the programs you need then I would suggest a Chromebook as it is inexpensive compared to PCs and does everything well. With the ability to run android apps from the Play Store you can run MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote) exactly like on a PC. If you don't mind the cost I would suggest a Samsung Series 9 laptop in the version with a solid metal case and all solid state components allowing for a very thin form factor is what I have been using for the last 4 years.
You should be aware that MS has stopped support for most models of the Surface and most likely will stop supporting all of them in the near future from the reports I have seen.

I would second the Samsung Series 9 notebooks. They are a little pricey, but very good. I tried Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, Asus and the Series 9 (Spin) blows them away. Great screen, good keyboard and trackpad, good battery and the software works very well. I use it for work and home.

dkp

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
re:

Just keep the Mac, it works fine with android.

Android works just without any PC actually. It is unlike the iPhone in that way.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
re:

I just sold my self built desktop pc and bought my first Apple device, a MacBook (12" early 2016, m3, 256GB ssd, 8GB ram). I don't have demanding requirements. I installed W10 Pro with Boot Camp! It works brilliantly. Super portable, beautiful 16:10 display, excellent battery life even under Windows.

I was thinking about getting a Samsung TabPro S but the small ssd and ram I couldn't live with. I'm planning to get Note 7 to satisfy my touch screen needs. I think it will be a nice combination! Ha :D

As others have said, Android will work well with anything. Get whatever fits best for your needs/wants.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

Just keep the Mac, it works fine with android.

Android works just without any PC actually. It is unlike the iPhone in that way.
iPhone also works without PC or Mac just like Android. Why do you need to connect to computer for anything? Don't tell me to connect to iTunes, why does anyone use iTunes still? You can backup everything to the cloud just like Android. In fact in iPhone iCloud back up even backs up app data unlike Google backup. And for music, iTunes music is in the cloud or any other music service is on the cloud.

If there is a reason you connect iPhone to computer then should have the same reason to connect your Android phone to computer.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
re:

...You should be aware that MS has stopped support for most models of the Surface and most likely will stop supporting all of them in the near future from the reports I have seen.

I'm admittedly new to looking at the Surface...Surface Pro 4 to be specific...and this statement concerns me. Do you have a website you can point me to to back this up or enable me to do some deeper research on the "future ability" of this particular hardware/software combo?

Thanks.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Yoga 900 because it fits my needs, but literally any PC, Mac or Chromebook would work. All Google's services are available on web browsers, rather than needing to rely on separate programs.