07-28-2016 10:32 PM
70 123
tools
    Back up everything on my Note 5, let Google do what Google does then manually download my apps. Set up Nova Prime and download my saved configuration.

My Xmas comes in August every year now. 😆
    07-27-2016 10:49 AM
    What woukd i do first? Tough to say. This is my 7th Note! Yes, I had the 4 for 3 weeks before I upgraded to the Note Edge.

First thing, well, I would brag and show off the awesome camera. Then probably ignore customers at work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    07-27-2016 11:09 AM
    I feel like I check this forum/app every minute for updates. Man "Christmas" can't come any sooner

PlaybookFanatic and cinnamin like this.
    07-27-2016 11:28 AM
    First thing I'd do? Well, going through setup, silly! xD

Well, aside from that, and logging in to my Google account, I also have to transfer my Smart Switch data that I got from my LG G4 that's now lying on my SD card.

After that, it's installing Nova Prime, and then restoring my apps and my layout on Nova. Oh, and installing a Material Design theme and probably Good Lock, in order to get that feel of stock Android while having the features of TouchWiz, especially the S Pen stuff.

Once that's done, time to watch some anime on that oh-so-beautiful QHD SAMOLED display.

It's going to be a long week, though...
    YESSSSSSSS anime! I love you even more now! Re: Zero would look great on my new phone.
    07-27-2016 01:08 PM
    YESSSSSSSS anime! I love you even more now! Re: Zero would look great on my new phone.
    Off-Topic some but can't help it ... That Anime is so brutal. Did you see the next episode is going to be longer? An extra ~20+ minutes so they can cram in all the story .
    07-27-2016 01:11 PM
    Off-Topic some but can't help it ... That Anime is so brutal. Did you see the next episode is going to be longer? An extra ~20+ minutes so they can cram in all the story .
    Shut the hell up! REALLY?! 20+ minutes?! YESSSSSSSS. The anime is super brutal, and I like it, I just hate Subaru! LoL Love me some Rem though!
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-27-2016 02:11 PM
    Shut the hell up! REALLY?! 20+ minutes?! YESSSSSSSS. The anime is super brutal, and I like it, I just hate Subaru! LoL Love me some Rem though!
    Yes. Rem is amazing .

Edit - Here is the news article. Crunchyroll - A Standard-Length Episode Couldn't Contain All "Re:ZERO" 18 Has To Offer
    07-27-2016 02:51 PM
    This has my heart a beating! This is amazingly amazing! Basically a full hour of goodness?! Hopefully Subaru can die for good LOL. Everyone is cool on this show, except for him. He refuses to grow at all. -_-
    Almeuit likes this.
    07-27-2016 03:26 PM
    Okay am I missing something I thought the unpacked event was on the 2nd is that the actual launch day as well

07-27-2016 05:02 PM
    Okay am I missing something I thought the unpacked event was on the 2nd is that the actual launch day as well

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing. What are we missing? Everyone is talking like it's going to be in their hands that day.

07-27-2016 05:08 PM
    It's just the the unpacked event. It will probably going on pre order a week later. Does anyone know if it's being shipped with the Exynos chip and not the 820 in the US

07-27-2016 05:36 PM
    From what I just read it looks like the 820 so for me it's not the much of an upgrade.. Why I have the S7 edge and the note 5. 6 gig of ram ok I have oneplus 3 also..

07-27-2016 05:43 PM
    I would put the case on it, turn it on, setup Google and install and setup Nova Prime first thing.
    Next would be Package Disabler Pro and then LastPass.
    07-27-2016 05:58 PM
    I am in the market for a new phone (I always am in the market for one) and I was about to pull the trigger on a GS7E but now thinking of waiting for the Note 7.. Other than the S Pen.. What advantages does it have over the S7 Edge?
    More ram, new grace UI (will come to S7 edge later), more internal storage, bigger screen, less battery (not a feature lol but a con compared to s7 edge)

So overall not much but I'm excited to try the new grace UI
    RobertP1 likes this.
    07-27-2016 06:27 PM

Yeah... I was thinking the same thing. What are we missing? Everyone is talking like it's going to be in their hands that day.

I usually go under the assumption that the launch of the device is not the same time as the announcement. It's usually a few weeks later, aside from a few exceptions.
    07-27-2016 09:31 PM
    Well, I'm off until that following Friday, so I won't have to worry about calling in.

My ritual after setup is generally to modify my phone's system settings. Maximizing battery power is of the utmost importance to me, then phone appearance and accessibility. Things like changing the system font and adding wallpapers to downloading keyboard language packs (I speak Spanish also) and oganizing my TouchWiz options.

Apps are generally last on the list because I can go on for hours. By the time I finish everything, the initial charge from battery is gone (which is what I want). Lastly, I recharge the phone (with it still off) to full charge before turning it on again.

I'm ready for next week to get here!
    07-27-2016 09:46 PM
    I watch a heap of anime. All of them would look gorgeous on that display.
    07-27-2016 09:50 PM
    Well all the rumors of pre orders opening up this week at T-Mobile for August 2nd delivery looks fake as of now. Aug 2nd announcement with Aug 15 official release looks more realistic. As usual carriers will open up pre orders after announcement and T-Mobile is going to ship way early like every other Samsung flagship.
    07-27-2016 10:21 PM
    Well all the rumors of pre orders opening up this week at T-Mobile for August 2nd delivery looks fake as of now. Aug 2nd announcement with Aug 15 official release looks more realistic. As usual carriers will open up pre orders after announcement and T-Mobile is going to ship way early like every other Samsung flagship.
    Do you think Otterbox will have a Defender case by then so I can order one to have right away when I buy the phone? Just in case the store doesn't have the cases yet. Hopefully the imitation ones will be on amazon before release but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to spend $$$ if I want a heavy protective case if I get the phone when it's just out. I would think I could order the Defender on Amazon sooner than the stores will have it. However Otterbox doesn't even having a coming soon photo on their website so I doubt a defender will be in stores on release or even sold on amazon.
    07-27-2016 10:33 PM
    Do you think Otterbox will have a Defender case by then so I can order one to have right away when I buy the phone? Just in case the store doesn't have the cases yet. Hopefully the imitation ones will be on amazon before release but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to spend $$$ if I want a heavy protective case if I get the phone when it's just out. I would think I could order the Defender on Amazon sooner than the stores will have it. However Otterbox doesn't even having a coming soon photo on their website so I doubt a defender will be in stores on release or even sold on amazon.
    Not sure .... I'm more of a slim case or no case guy. I would say buy some case out of Amazon which you like until otterbox releases. You have 30 days to return on Amazon so if otterbox releases something in that time then you can return the one you bought.
    07-27-2016 10:35 PM
    Not sure .... I'm more of a slim case or no case guy. I would say buy some case out of Amazon which you like until otterbox releases. You have 30 days to return on Amazon so if otterbox releases something in that time then you can return the one you bought.
    True. The only one that really has a built in screen protector that is out already is Supcase Unicorn Beetle. I don't consider it that heavy of a duty case. I've had it for my S7 I have now and the not 5. I would NOT trust dropping my phone with it and it's made cheap but better than nothing I guess. I might wait a few weeks too then to buy the phone until I get my hands on a good case. Spending possibly $800 and using a cheap arse case is not worth it.
    07-27-2016 10:42 PM
    Customize ....

As for storage and available options, depending on price, as much storage as possible. I would love at least 128 gb but I do not believe Verizon would ever provide that option.
    07-28-2016 07:43 AM
    So in celebration of Aug. 2 being a week away, I wanted to know what was the first thing you'll do with your phone when you get it?

And a bonus question: IF they offer storage selection, what route will you go?

This is a post for people who want to have fun, so all snark or Note 7 hate, I'd kindly ask you to remain OUTSIDE of the velvet rope. Thanks LOL
    Set it up exactly like my Note 3 which will take about 20 hours over the course of a week. Setting up apps (app data) is what takes all the time.
    07-28-2016 11:38 AM
    Looks like Verizon is giving out 2 bonus gigs for new device activations, on their new Verizon plan.... Prefect timing
    07-28-2016 11:46 AM

There could be a chance this go round, actually.
    07-28-2016 11:57 AM
70 123