I have a note 4, love it. But now that AT&T moved to the monthly buying your phone, and not subsidizing the phones. Wil phones like the Note 7 not have all of preloaded AT&T software on them? If they will why? I would think since your buying the phone out right it should come clean. Same goes for if you walk it AT&T and pay the full price for the phone, should not have any of their software on it

Can you buy these phones from Samsung direct !

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-26-2016 06:57 PM
    They will have even more bloat than before. If you buy an AT&T branded phone new in a box, no matter how you do it, it'll have their bloat.
    07-26-2016 07:20 PM
    They will have even more bloat than before. If you buy an AT&T branded phone new in a box, no matter how you do it, it'll have their bloat.
    I would expect that from them, but I don't think they should. I mean of your paying for it via then plan or cash up front I would think it should be clean of there crap.

I wish you could buy the Note 4 direct from Samsung and not have the AT&T bloat ware. Will android phones ever have that option like Apple?

07-26-2016 07:30 PM
    I would expect that from them, but I don't think they should. I mean of your paying for it via then plan or cash up front I would think it should be clean of there crap.

I wish you could buy the Note 4 direct from Samsung and not have the AT&T bloat ware. Will android phones ever have that option like Apple?

Lot of Android phones including S7 have that option. Note 7 will also have US unlocked version but probably 3 months later like S7s since Samsung still bends over back to carriers.
    07-26-2016 07:33 PM

Oh, I agree with you on what they ought to do. But I'd also agree if you said it should never be there in the first place, regardless of how you pay for the phone. And I agree that the phones should be available unlocked from the OEM. Android has 1 phone like Apple: the Nexus. Everything else has much more influence on it from carriers and the OEM than I find acceptable.

I do wish that Google would allow OEM's who make apps that are redundant to Google apps to REPLACE the Google app with their version. I don't need two email apps, two messenger apps, two calendars, two galleries... let the OEM pick one and go with it.
    07-26-2016 07:33 PM
    We're do you get these unlock phones? And do unlocked phones not have the bloatware?

07-26-2016 07:52 PM
    You can always use package disabler pro to disable bloat.

Keep in mind that it isn't just bloat . for example, att and tmobile usually remove the mobile data toggle in the notification bar
    07-26-2016 07:54 PM
    Oh, I agree with you on what they ought to do. But I'd also agree if you said it should never be there in the first place, regardless of how you pay for the phone. And I agree that the phones should be available unlocked from the OEM. Android has 1 phone like Apple: the Nexus. Everything else has much more influence on it from carriers and the OEM than I find acceptable.

I do wish that Google would allow OEM's who make apps that are redundant to Google apps to REPLACE the Google app with their version. I don't need two email apps, two messenger apps, two calendars, two galleries... let the OEM pick one and go with it.
    What I don't understand is Apple doesn't allow this why doesn't Samsung or others put their foot down like Apple and say no.

I agree with your post, they shouldn't be putting on bloatware crap, and if they do let me uninstall it. Now I just disable it, and get the warnings.

07-26-2016 07:55 PM
    I buy my phones outright from att and yes they have att bloatware on them.
    A real bummer too.

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    07-26-2016 07:57 PM
    We're do you get these unlock phones? And do unlocked phones not have the bloatware?

Unlocked/unbranded (non carrier) will have no carrier bloatware but still have OEM bloatware like Samsung for eg. Also you have to understand sim unlock can be done on any phone. For eg, your AT&T phone can be sim unlocked but it's still an AT&T phone, will have all it's bloat and still receive updates from AT&T.

Unlocked non carrier phones can be bought from Best buy, samsung.com, Amazon, Newegg, B&H photo etc or if looking for other OEMs direct from their website. Just don't go to carrier store since they are clueless.

If buying from Amazon or other third party website make sure you aren't buying international unlocked versions since they will not have US warranty etc unless you want the international versions. You can also search Android Central since they have few articles about what sim unlocked phones are and where to buy etc.
    07-26-2016 08:14 PM
    I have a note 4, love it. But now that AT&T moved to the monthly buying your phone, and not subsidizing the phones. Wil phones like the Note 7 not have all of preloaded AT&T software on them? If they will why? I would think since your buying the phone out right it should come clean. Same goes for if you walk it AT&T and pay the full price for the phone, should not have any of their software on it

Can you buy these phones from Samsung direct !

Lol. That isn't stopping them. Att is the worst when it comes to their garbage bloat.
    07-26-2016 08:17 PM

Keep in mind that it isn't just bloat . for example, att and tmobile usually remove the mobile data toggle in the notification bar
    There is always a catch...lol. I just disabled a few. Ty

07-26-2016 08:53 PM
    Cross your fingers like me and hope Samsung gives us an "unlocked" version like they did the S7 and S7 Edge. My experience with the Moto X Pure has opened my eyes to the magic of phones w/o carrier BS.
    07-26-2016 09:03 PM

They won't. Apple closes their OS .. Android is open so therefore carriers can modify it. As Aquila said .. If buying an AT&T phone get ready for some major bloat.
    07-26-2016 09:14 PM

I 2nd that...It works well form me.
    07-26-2016 09:51 PM
    Cross your fingers like me and hope Samsung gives us an "unlocked" version like they did the S7 and S7 Edge. My experience with the Moto X Pure has opened my eyes to the magic of phones w/o carrier BS.
    I'm sure they will... Down the line. Not at launch.
    07-26-2016 09:59 PM
    Bloat is by far the moist overstated complaint on a device. It is easy to turn off or disable.

You always paid for the phone, they discount the current NEXT related charges. That's where the cost of the phone was built in to. The phone was never truly free... And definitely the bloat was not to offset the "loss" on the subsidized phones.

Personally I prefer the payment systemwe have now. Much better for annual updaters like me, and no large barrier to entry down payment.
    besweeet likes this.
    07-28-2016 12:08 PM
    What I don't understand is Apple doesn't allow this why doesn't Samsung or others put their foot down like Apple and say no.

I agree with your post, they shouldn't be putting on bloatware crap, and if they do let me uninstall it. Now I just disable it, and get the warnings.

IMO, Apple is still a more powerful force. The carrier has to agree with Apple, not the other way around when dealing with Samsung. Unfortunate, but maybe that could change as Apple continues losing momentum.

I've personally never had a problem just disabling as many packages as I can.
    07-28-2016 01:25 PM
    IMO, Apple is still a more powerful force. The carrier has to agree with Apple, not the other way around when dealing with Samsung. Unfortunate, but maybe that could change as Apple continues losing momentum.

True since Apple is closed -- Android isn't.
    07-28-2016 01:32 PM
    Not to go off topic, but does Verizon also have a bunch of "bloatware"?
    07-28-2016 02:00 PM
    It's been a while since I've used a Verizon phone, but as far as I know, Verizon is one of the worst offenders when it comes to Android bloatware.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    07-28-2016 02:06 PM
    Usually it looks like this http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=5217111.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    07-28-2016 02:13 PM

Any issues with disabling Carrier apps? I have AT&T and I have disabled a few. But don't want to kill my phone

07-28-2016 06:19 PM
    Any issues with disabling Carrier apps? I have AT&T and I have disabled a few. But don't want to kill my phone

I have a big list disabled on the AT&T Note 5 I am using. No issues with disabling their stuff.
    07-28-2016 06:45 PM
    I have a big list disabled on the AT&T Note 5 I am using. No issues with disabling their stuff.
    Anything that can be disabled in the app manager is safe to disable. Using package disabler pro or similar can disable stuff that might cause problems.
    07-28-2016 10:41 PM