Will you be changing the launcher on your note 7

Omar Leyra

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic.
A little question for nova users...

Is there a way in organizing the apps in folders in the app box moving the icon as in go launcher ex?

I mean the same way you can move in desktop simply pressing a couple of seconds and putting in a folder.

Thanks in advance.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the off-topic.
A little question for nova users...

Is there a way in organizing the apps in folders in the app box moving the icon as in go launcher ex?

I mean the same way you can move in desktop simply pressing a couple of seconds and putting in a folder.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can rearrange app icons in the folder.
Long press on the icon and drag it where you like it, even out of the folder onto the desktop.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Nova Prime...always!

...However, it's my understanding that starting with Note 7, we'll be able to use the icon packs from any theme from the theme store, without forcing us to use the other theme elements. So if I like one theme's overall look, but prefer the icons from a different pack, I'll be able to customize the look of my phone....
I've used Nova Prime on my Notes 3, 4 and 5 as well as my Note 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2. You can absolutely do what you are describing. Tho I wonder if it's a feature of Prime?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If I get the phone I will go with Nova. With TouchWiz, you also don't have infinite scroll and it will not keep newly installed apps on alphabetical order, you have to sort.

I also like my icons smaller, especially the tray and add more and scroll the tray.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll run stock for a while. I have Nova Prime but didn't use it on my S7, I actually liked the TW interface (came from LG G4/V10)

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I like Nova Prime because I use an assortment of phones from different manufacturers and I have them all set up the same.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I use stock google on my nexus. I'll play around with the note before deciding but if I need to change I will likely use nova.

mantaka

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Always used Nova Prime but now with Grace UI i will give it a try. Folders looks more beautiful with stock launcher. Would love to have Nova open folders the same way Grace UI dos :)

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I always use Nova but on my S7 edge I used TouchWiz. It works really well. On the Note I will once again use TouchWiz. I actually like it.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I find that stock launchers provide model specific features that don't work with other launchers. I thought this might be the case with some of the edge or pen features?

Posted via the Android Central App

I was wondering about the same exact same thing. I've never had any of the Samsung Note phones before. I have been using Nova Launcher on my last two Samsung phones and liking it much better than Touchwiz. So, I was also wondering what, if any, pen functionality you'd loose if you use a third party launcher like Nova...

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used a third party launcher since my Fascinate days because it was always laggy compared to the stock launcher, so i stuck with TW even though it sucked back then. I have used the stock launcher ever since on my Samsung devices, though on my Nexus it was vanilla Android which was great. Though TW has gotten tons better I may try out Nova again since i am sure there is no lag with today's phones.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Is touchwiz improved enough for you to stick with it or will a launcher be installied?

so with themes and now icons to be used and improved TW as it seems to be each year. However will a launcher be the first thing you do on your note 7?

dchanson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is touchwiz improved enough for you to stick with it or will a launcher be installied?

I'm interested to try it out, but Nova Launcher is very much remaining an option.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is touchwiz improved enough for you to stick with it or will a launcher be installied?

I'm interested to try it out, but Nova Launcher is very much remaining an option.
Same here. I've never had a Samsung phone before, but I like what I see of the updated TouchWiz in the reviews so far so I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll work with it for a while before deciding on whether or not to use Nova.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I love nova. The gestures are what win me over.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
(S7 Edge Titanium)