What is the Benefit of a Stylus?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I should know the answer to my question and I feel a bit silly asking. When I think of a stylus I think about PDAs from 10-15 years ago. I have never owned a Note phone before but in all likelihood I'll be purchasing the Note 7 once Samsung officiates the specs. If the specs align with what I want from my next phone, it'll be a sure purchase.

The stylus seems to be an attractive part of the device to Note users. Since nearly all smart phones are touchscreen, how will or how does a stylus improve the user experience?

Posted via the Android Central App

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for asking this question. The last time I used a stylus was on my Palm Pilot. I'm sure it is a different experience now!

I own my own business and I see from the link reply posted that the pen may have some benefits for me that I haven't thought of yet.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy using the pen for a variety of reasons...You can use the pen to scroll the Internet or to do art work on your phone!
I use the pen to write notes while adding information to snote!
The pen is an AMAZING and useful tool!

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If you commit to actually using it, then it will totally change the way you interact with your device. It's a really great tool but takes some time to get a accustomed to.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Well when I had the Note 4, I didn't even purchase it for the stylus... It was just a beast of a phone, which is why I'll be getting the Note 7.

The fact that the stylus did things I normally couldn't was extremely helpful. Most of these things included copying text (especially helpful for instagram users!) that couldn't be copied. It's as if the pen overrides the phones system.

It's a nice addition to a phone, even if you never think you'll use it, it's still there waiting to help you out.

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I should know the answer to my question and I feel a bit silly asking. When I think of a stylus I think about PDAs from 10-15 years ago. I have never owned a Note phone before but in all likelihood I'll be purchasing the Note 7 once Samsung officiates the specs. If the specs align with what I want from my next phone, it'll be a sure purchase.

The stylus seems to be an attractive part of the device to Note users. Since nearly all smart phones are touchscreen, how will or how does a stylus improve the user experience?

Best application for me for s pen is instant availability of "pen and paper" for taking quick notes. Take the phone out of the pocket, take out stylus, write on the phone, put stylus back in and put the phone back in the pocket. No unlocking, no opening app etc.

Just like as if you had unlimited supply of yellow sticky notes in your pocket with pen that you don't lose ☺️

Osho

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used it today to sign a PDF for a rebate. Signed it with my S-Pen and emailed it back to Spigen to get my rebate completed :).

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
You can use it to edit photos. In these two wallpapers, I used a black in the background with the stylus to get rid of the blue.1469828969777.jpg1469828978917.jpg

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
In this photo I use a gray to get rid of our company name on the right side of the bucket of our new machine.1469829211867.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech