Which device will you be switching from and why?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
The Galaxy Note7 will be official in less than a week, which means this is where the hype will be at its highest point.

Interest in the device looks to be pretty high, especially since the Galaxy S7 that it is based on has been quite a success in terms of sales and critical reception so far. Some of us have said that the Note7 will likely be our next device when our upgrade comes.

So I'd like to ask. Which device are you switching from and why?

For me, I'm actually switching from 2 devices. The LG G4 and the HTC One M7. While I initially planned to keep the G4 for 3 years, my first unit fell victim to the bootloop issue and needed a replacement. The second phone coughed up issues and it had to be sold off. I went back to my HTC One M7 and while it is still working, the battery on it is significantly degraded. It barely lasts a full day on light use and the camera is still suffering from the purple-tint issue, which makes it unusable and hasn't been sent in yet.

The Note7 will be an upgrade in pretty much all areas compared to the 2 phones that I'm upgrading from, and will likely be my last upgrade for a long while. Can't wait to have it.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Thinking very seriously about moving from the Note 5. Hoping for better battery life and the curved screen. May hold back to see what the new Nexus line up looks like

Posted via the Android Central App

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I have the S7e. But I might wait a month or just wait it out. I ran into some car issues and I need to take care of them first. My wife wants the S7 coming from the S6. Plus I want to see how much it is and how much our monthly bill will be after both phones. If to much I'll keep the S7e.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my Nexus 6P and Note 5. I'm now using my "backup" phone (Moto X Pure Edition) while waiting for my Note 7. Notes are my go to phones. I've had every iteration of the Note line (except the Note Edge), so naturally, I have to buy the Note 7. ☺

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Leaving the S7 Edge. Why? Because I'm a device junkie, plain and simple. And, I always used to get the Note, until the SD card slotless Note 5.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been been using a note 3 for years now. The note 4 and 5 wasn't worth upgrading in my opinion, especially with the 5 not having SD card slot..
I'm looking forward to getting the coral blue, on day one, if available...

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll be switching from my iPhone 6+. I'll have 14 days (as per T-Mobile's return policy) to try the device out to decide if I want to keep it. At this point, I think I will. Jailbreaking is absolutely amazing, but it doesn't last forever, and everything I could do there I could do on any Android device without even rooting. The Note 7 (as far as we know) also checks my other boxes (front fingerprint sensor, high-end hardware, bottom 3.5mm jack, USB-C).

Already ordered chargers / cables / cases for the Note 7 (arriving today). Looking forward to pre-orders. Hoping the phone will arrive by August 10th.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I will be going from the Note 4 to the Note 7. My 4 is paid off, so I will keep it as a spare phone for when the nieces and nephews come over and need something to watch their YouTube videos on.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'll be coming from a Nexus 6p.

I drive 125 miles a day for my commute, most of it through areas with low service strength. Because I'm in the car so much, I make most of my personal calls during this time. With most of my previous phones, I would usually drop calls in 2 spots. With the 6p, I drop calls in 7-8 spots. It's ridiculous. I got my phone exchanged to see if it was just a defective unit, but still had the same problems.

Apparently the 6p has a strong radio that I can latch onto a single tower better than most phones, but it struggles to hand off between towers if that signal is weak between them.

It's a shame because other than this issue (and the mediocre camera), I love the phone.

This will be my first Note. I've always been interested in one but didn't think I could get used to the size. After having the 6p, I'm accustomed to the large size and can't go back to something smaller.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've been with Android since day one.

Out of all my phones over the years I have never owned a Sammy. I just felt they were meant to appeal to the masses and I was always drawn to a more pure look and feel to the UI.

I have decided that the pure look and feel is boring now though:) I will be retiring my LG G4 to dive in with a Note 7. I really am excited to get this shiny new device... Can't beat em join em I say :)

mond858

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Saying goodbye to my LG G3. Love this phone, I had one bad experience with android prior(Samsung Galaxy s3) and this phone really made me forget all about iphones. Despite being buggy at first, headphone jack issues, camera issues, which I still experience today, I'v been able to live with it and enjoy this phone. Now, I really just want to try Samsung out again and hopefully experience the awesomeness I always hear and read about. Lots of great phones out there but when you think of android you think of Samsung, so I'm hoping and expecting for nothing less than the best!

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Switching from the Nexus 6p. I love pure android but touchwiz is close enough. I also miss wireless charging, sd cards and the wide range of accessories for Samsung devices. Hopefully someplace will have a gift card deal since I'll be buying off contract.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm