Which device will you be switching from and why?

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I used to need a yearly fix but have decided to change from now on to a two yearly one. The difference between my Note 4 and the Note 5 seemed(to me) insignificant. My Note 4 still works like on day 1 but it's time to move on. Note 8 would have to be really special(or the Note 7 bad) for me to buy it.

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I Note 5 32 gigabyte.. I'm switching because I have no storage. I'm switching because I have no battery life. Also because I miss my Note 4 and I was forced to get this phone.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am switching from iPhone 6+, never owned an android phone before so I am looking forward to the change. One of the biggest reasons for my switch is lack of a head phone jack in the iPhone 7.

Fifer807

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Im switching from the Note 4. The Note 5 was never released here. The capacitance keys have failed (now using an on screen app for the keys) and seeing some lag.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the Note 4 I have had the 2 and 3 I will be getting this phone no doubt about it

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I will be upgrading from my beloved Note Edge. My Note edge is hanging few times recently. May be it wants me to upgrade ;)

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
LG G5.

After only having for a couple months, the phone somehow has a severe pressure crack. It al started with just a single line which I though was maybe a dead pixel line, but then more appeared and eventually all the touch sensors were going off. Now the phone is just a paper weight that tells time.

First time going to Samsung. Was going to get the axon 7 at first but in the end, water resistance and other features are what I want.

mabelpines

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Note 4 (I think) and loves it so I'm thinking of upgrading from my Moto G3. Have had Galaxy in the past and would quite happily go back to it. Mostly doing it for the large screen but am wary of the curved edges tbh.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a Note Edge. Still on the fence because a sealed battery really irritates the hell out of me. However, I need a new phone asap because my Edge (while still functioning perfectly) is 2 years old and spent about 2 hours in 12 feet of river water.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
MXPE 64GB. Overall really like the device (especially the front speakers), but the combination of the 808 chip and 5.7" 1440p LCD are a battery drain for anything beyond light to medium use. Heavier app use is a huge drain on the device and runs hot (traits of the infamous 810). Also, the radio management in weak data areas is awful. I have not seen a device drain and run hot as quick in weak signal areas since the Galaxy S4 ( that was real awful).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Note Edge. Still on the fence because a sealed battery really irritates the hell out of me. However, I need a new phone asap because my Edge (while still functioning perfectly) is 2 years old and spent about 2 hours in 12 feet of river water.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Sadly sealed batteries are the direction the industry is going. The hardware in relation to software has been heading to a diminished return trend for the past few years, so people are/were keeping their devices longer. Factor in not as many subsidized phone options, consumers would hold on even longer. The industry fix is to force the retirement curve inward with sealed batteries. Apple planned that way from the start and most all are following that now. Not as easy getting a dead battery for a two year old device replaced and the industry depends on that two year cycle.

traynor1987

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I am switching from iPhone 6+ 128GB. A few reasons really, one, my phone is bent and the top part of the screen is broke (yet still functions) and I refuse to pay £100-£200 to fix a design flaw.

My second reason is, I cannot login into my iCloud account anymore. It asks me for my answers to the security questions, which I know and it refuses to login, iCloud mail doesn't work anymore even when I could login so that annoyed me too. I am not ringing them up to fix it when it should just work anyway.

The third and final reason is, the new iPhone 7 looks like my iPhone 6+ and it doesn't seem like the will offer anything worth upgrading for. Apple lost its innovation with the iPhone 5 (which I had, and loved). My last android phone was the HTC Desire HD from 2010-2012.

Can't wait to try the Samsung galaxy note 7. I see the App Store and Play store are on par now, which wasn't the same as it was back in 2012 so time to move back to andriod.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Considering leaving my Nexus 6P. I really miss the wireless charging from my Note 5. We'll see.

woolster22

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Still running a note 4 here, and I love it. It's getting a little tired, and the speakers and mics have been acting up. I deal with water all the time at work, so the ip68 rating or whatever is a major draw. The sealed battery is a major dissapointment, as is the lack of an ir blaster (do we really need iris scanning AND fingerprint scanning?). However, the upgrade from the 4 seems worth the investment, and my 4 is just about paid off, so I'll finish that so I have a functioning, reliable backup for the wife and I (she's coming from the g4). A tmobile bogo offer would just be icing on the cake.

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading from an S5. It gets very laggy. Often times the most basic tasks take forever, even how long it takes for the screen to come on and be able to answer a call when it comes in. Also when I launch apps or try and get into email/texting, sometimes the app will launch quickly, but there will be a long delay before the content of the app fills in. I am also practically tethered to a charger as the battery life is horrendous. I bought a new battery of Amazon, but it didn't help for long. I just need a new phone, and I'm really interested in the Note 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC