More information on Note 7

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Sounds legit...and pretty good

Posted via the Android Central App
EDIT: sorry good, I see now :)

"The S Pen is going to get added capabilities that allow it to act as a magnifying glass and a translator. Also, Samsung’s Always On Display feature will support the S Pen for instant note-taking that keeps notes on the display at all times."

Sounds good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
64GB of internal storage

I like that very much

We can’t say anything about the processor, unfortunately, and that will vary by region anyways. But our source did state that 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage is standard.

This was my key takeaway as well. I've been successfully (peacefully) managing my 16GB iPhones for years. I doubt I'll be using a microSD card slot in the Note 7.

What I'm wondering is whether the home button / fingerprint sensor expected to be an actual button that you have to push down, or just a tap surface. I'd much rather have the latter nowadays.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I like how that was written. No nonsense. Matter of fact (even though it's not technically confirmed). I'm even more excited. Figured a new VR would be required. And as I expected, he traditional and silver at launch with the nice colors being region specific. Still would love to see that blue in the US but... Not holding hope.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
What exactly is bad? It's mostly what we already knew from rumors, plus a few things like "[FONT=&quot]he S Pen is going to get added capabilities that allow it to act as a magnifying glass and a translator. Also, Samsung’s Always On Display feature will support the S Pen for instant note-taking that keeps notes on the display at all times."

Sounds good to me.[/FONT]

Read what I said again. I didn't say bad. lol

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I like how that was written. No nonsense. Matter of fact (even though it's not technically confirmed). I'm even more excited. Figured a new VR would be required. And as I expected, he traditional and silver at launch with the nice colors being region specific. Still would love to see that blue in the US but... Not holding hope.

I'm not holding out for the blue either. Perhaps down the road maybe on AT&T. Maybe silver this time around.

Fifer807

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I think part of the problem is Samsung have a 6 gig chip, so knowing that, people want the 6 gig so as to not be left behind in 6 months on the next release. That 2 gig is a rather large jump.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to use the 3GB MXPE and wish it had 4GB. Indifferent due to already speedy performance. Key bottleneck issue for Android is the cache and app stack management. That would still be the issue with 10GB.

Last edited:

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Market-specific and retailer specific colors... BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLSHHHH.... *sound of crashing glass*

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just hate it is not going to be available somewhere near Aug 2

When do you think it will be in stores? At least gives me more time to compare to the V20 then if it comes out in early sept. The V20 sounds pretty tempting especially if Samsung prices this super high.