More information on Note 7

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When do you think it will be in stores? At least gives me more time to compare to the V20 then if it comes out in early sept. The V20 sounds pretty tempting especially if Samsung prices this super high.

Whenever they say the release date is. I walked into a T-Mobile store on the day they said they would release the S7 Edge and I picked up two of them with the BOGO deal.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Whenever they say the release date is. I walked into a T-Mobile store on the day they said they would release the S7 Edge and I picked up two of them with the BOGO deal.

Since it's just a few days away do you think they already have them? Tue is release day and the weekend is coming up. However Otterbox likely won't have a case in stores by Tue. They have nothing listed on their site about coming soon even.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Since it's just a few days away do you think they already have them? Tue is release day and the weekend is coming up. However Otterbox likely won't have a case in stores by Tue. They have nothing listed on their site about coming soon even.

Stores could have them now (or be getting them this weekend). They most likely wouldn't tell someone like you or I that information though.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The cases will prob be put out opening morning.

The carriers dont list the phone until the official announcement. But shortly after they will have it up.

I just hope it's like last year and release by the first friday of the announcement.

Posted via the Android Central App

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Guess I won't be getting a Note 7 on day one if coral blue won't be available until a later date... And will have to probably settle for a different color if coral blue is going to be carrier specific or region specific....
That sucks

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Stores could have them now (or be getting them this weekend). They most likely wouldn't tell someone like you or I that information though.
With all the people we have on these forums that work at different carriers, I'm sure we'll hear as soon as they get them in stock, in store.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm especially interested in the new software features, especially for the S Pen.

Seems like DJ Koh is holding true to his word that Samsung is focusing much more on software this time around in order to stand out.

Another interesting bit. It might seem that, aside from the standard slow-motion mode, the camera might be able to find stuff moving around and being able to slow those down independently of the rest of the frame. Sounds pretty cool, but we'll see.

http://thenextweb.com/gadgets/2016/07/29/reddit-ama-samsung-note-7-details/#gref

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Guess I won't be getting a Note 7 on day one if coral blue won't be available until a later date... And will have to probably settle for a different color if coral blue is going to be carrier specific or region specific....
That sucks

That's what I'm thinking. I have a small feeling and I hope I'm wrong, but the blue won't be available here in the US.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. I have a small feeling and I hope I'm wrong, but the blue won't be available here in the US.

One article indicates that the gold one is the odd one out, as its official name wasn't mentioned

two people on this Reddit AMA (likely from retailers who have information early) indicate this one as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4v27xq/detailed_information_on_samsung_note_7_ama/

the Onyx (black) and Titanium Silver will be the first ones available, but the Blue will be on display and available

Last edited:

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
One article indicates that the gold one is the odd one out, as its official name wasn't mentioned

two people on this Reddit AMA (likely from retailers who have information early) indicate this one as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/4v27xq/detailed_information_on_samsung_note_7_ama/

the Onyx (black) and Titanium Silver will be the first ones available, but the Blue will be on display and available

My key takeaway: preorders this Tuesday, delivered two weeks later :/. I believe that's for Best Buy, so hopefully others will have it earlier.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I would be very surprised if the apparent 128GB version is offered in the US.

Not seeing the value in 6GB for Android, based on the cache method for apps. Diminished returns at 3GB and then more so at 4GB. At least that is the case now, but as apps/games get a lot bigger on average, this could maybe possibly be an issue, but that is down the road where the Note 7 would be a relic (battery would be dead by then).

The main bottleneck with Android is the cache method and the code translation layer combined with that. Cashe access to address locations is essentially in series and relies on clock cycles to compensate, but still in series and at the mercy of the regression algorithm used for historic app access. To mitigate lag events, there needs to be multiple parallel streams with a very savvy CPU/RAM controller working with cache management. Fancier chips means more money to design / fabricate and a rethink on current SOC design.

Folks dwelling on 6GB are respectfully worried about the wrong thing. 4GB is more than fine.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe the Note 7 will be available to purchase until the middle or end of August. Pre orders starting after the announcement. Just what I think.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe the Note 7 will be available to purchase until the middle or end of August. Pre orders starting after the announcement. Just what I think.

Any word when the V20 will be released? If the Note 7 is end of Aug I'm real tempted to wait and see what he V20 is like. The V10 was a very durable phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance