Note 7 on sale August 19...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'll get doubts but my buddy (yeah, I have a that "buddy") who works at T-Mobile said they got an internal memo stating that preorders start early next week and that the above date is what they have in their system as well. I'm trying to get him to send a screen grab. He was right when he "leaked" me info with the S7.

If you're with T-Mobile, you're in for a nice surprise... ;)

Since we're seeing this date more and more, it could possibly be true. In that case, it would be quite disappointing. Was seriously hoping we'd have devices sometime next week.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This sounds suspicious to me because when the stores are notified of release, they're simultaneously notified of any deals. This is fact. I'm calling BS on this "friend" lol.

Yep, plus it then overlaps current deals and then the sales teams lose focus on current live deals. Marketing hates that.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything about this site but they are saying Samsung is trying to have this ready on August 3rd.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Available For Pre-Order - What Is Known So Far - Neurogadget

But who knows. Hoping it's soon. The batteries in my note 3 are wearing down.

The opening paragraph sounds sketchy:
As you already know, Samsung will release the new Galaxy Note 7 phablet on August 2, during an event in New York City, but retailers all over the world have started accepting pre-orders a few days ago and Korean publications have reported that Samsung will do its best to get supplies in place, so that the device will be available for purchase on the day when it will be released.

Seems to imply that it will be available, in hand, on August 2nd. And who, aside from Samsung in the UAE, have started taking pre-orders? It makes it sound like many have already.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This sounds suspicious to me because when the stores are notified of release, they're simultaneously notified of any deals. This is fact. I'm calling BS on this "friend" lol.

Wrong. I worked at T-Mobile myself about 4 years and internal memos constantly churned out as we got closer to a big phone release with bits and pieces of information. I can recall more than one device where we were notified of info to give customers who started calling as we got closer to date to give them SOMETHING. So no it's not a fact. If it's still the same, I bet he lets me know more stuff today or over the weekend. He's no liar and tipped me on the S7 that I had no interest in. "Lol".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wrong. I worked at T-Mobile myself about 4 years and internal memos constantly churned out as we got closer to a big phone release with bits and pieces of information. I can recall more than one device where we were notified of info to give customers who started calling as we got closer to date to give them SOMETHING. So no it's not a fact. If it's still the same, I bet he lets me know more stuff today or over the weekend. He's no liar and tipped me on the S7 that I had no interest in. "Lol".

Please do keep us updated. I am very interested in finding anything out. I am hoping if anything I can pre-order and maybe get it early .. who knows? :p.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

We all just want him to be wrong anyway in hopes that it'll be available sooner.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
We all just want him to be wrong anyway in hopes that it'll be available sooner.

I don't remember any Samsun device that was announced and then went on sale that day (flagship that is). The s7 was announced on Feb 21 and released on March 11. I know we were hoping for something sooner but I don't think we're going to see it next week (released that is).

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If history proves correct. T-mobile preorder customers get them days earlier

I've always gotten mine ahead of the sales date on TMO. The most was 11 days ahead of schedule and that was for the Note 5. S6 edge I got 9 days before the sales date.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I've always gotten mine ahead of the sales date on TMO. The most was 11 days ahead of schedule and that was for the Note 5. S6 edge I got 9 days before the sales date.

I'd be pretty ecstatic if I got the Note 7 on the 10th (9 days before the rumored 19th). Will be handy for a 4-day trip the next day.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've always pre-ordered and went thru the anxiety of watching those " Delivered " threads where everyone goes crazy watching if their orders had shipped or delivered ??

Guys getting upset when someone's order ships prior to theirs even if they ordered earlier haaaa ...... with phones being delivered on the release date or right after it.

I'm thinking this time around perhaps I wont preorder and simply walk into my provider's store and purchase one the day of release !?!

It should save me a lot of anguish of watching that crap all over again !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes