08-17-2016 12:15 PM
126 ... 23456
tools
    The s7 just came out a couple months ago, anyone complaining about the note 7 while owning the s7 is just being ridiculous as you just bought a new phone lol.
    Not really -- everyone is different. I have swapped many phones this year so far. A lot of people on here are chronic phone switchers and don't stick with the same phone .
    bhatech likes this.
    07-31-2016 04:09 PM
    Not really -- everyone is different. I have swapped many phones this year so far. A lot of people on here are chronic phone switchers and don't stick with the same phone .
    Right. But I think the point is, that's not Samsung's fault.

The same thing is happening on the Apple forums. People with iPhone 6s's are complaining that the rumored iPhone 7 isn't offering a strong reason to upgrade. We're going to see more and more of these complaints as phone tech plateaus. If your LG right now, you gotta be thinking, Wtf?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-31-2016 04:43 PM
    Ah, then i'm just not use to seeing it then. I usually hold on to a phone for 2-3 years even though i would love to buy a new phone every time i see something i like. But i rather do that with other tech products.
    07-31-2016 04:50 PM
    Right. But I think the point is, that's not Samsung's fault.

The same thing is happening on the Apple forums. People with iPhone 6s's are complaining that the rumored iPhone 7 isn't offering a strong reason to upgrade. We're going to see more and more of these complaints as phone tech plateaus. If your LG right now, you gotta be thinking, Wtf?

My g5 is already broken. No more LG for me.

Apple customers have the right to complain though as apple likes to be known as the company that always innovates. Well that ship sailed almost 4 years ago. Samsung is still ahaead of apple so they just need to focus on getting those mad apple consumers, and that might in return hurt their currrent base but it won't be enough to make them switch to apple or others as long as they are on top.
    07-31-2016 04:52 PM
    a slightly larger screen, S Pen and a smaller battery?

I'm not that excited paying top dollar for 6-8 month old hardware in a new package.

What gives?
    Doesn't bother me.

1. I was burned years ago when the 810 turned out to be a dud. I'll take the proven performer as a processor. The extra 5% speed (maybe) doesn't matter to me.

2. The spen is a big deal to me. A lot goes into making it work. The wacom hardware, the extra software (the only "bloat" I like). I'm way more productive with my note than my other phones.

The cost doesn't matter much to me if I'm more productive.

3. Battery life is better than the old note is all I really care about.

I think it is great that the s7e exists for those who don't want the spen.

I never thought of the note to be a upgrade to the s line from the same year. It was for some I suppose.
    rsmin and Wildo6882 like this.
    07-31-2016 05:40 PM
    People not used to using the S-Pen don't realize what they're missing Imo. It really is a big deal. To me, that plus whatever new features it offers are worth the price of admission alone.

stackberry369 likes this.
    07-31-2016 05:44 PM

I never thought of the note to be a upgrade to the s line from the same year. It was for some I suppose.
    In past years I think the specs were improved enough on the Note to consider it the beast of Samsung's phones each year. I think this year that goes to the S7 edge. So that's why people are disappointed. They're going by the past. I'm guilty of that too.
    07-31-2016 08:03 PM
    I think it's brilliant to align all the model numbers to 7. Each phone is different but cousins to each other.

My wife is tired of the size of her LG G3 and I'm bored and annoyed with my LG G4. So she is getting a S7 and I am getting a Note 7. We will both be content to ride out our new contracts for 2 years with these 7's and not even look at these forums next year when the 8's come out.

As an aside I think that people wanting a cool phone and don't need the a stylus and don't want a smaller phone would get the S7 edge.

To me this all makes sense.

07-31-2016 10:21 PM
    Note 7 is a huge disappointment compared to Boufa's Ford Escape & to the Cashew Cow's Chocolate & Cookie Dough Cashew ice cream I had this afternoon...

But it will be a slick upgrade for me when my Note 4's AT&T contract is up come January...

I don't comprehend folks who upgrade more often than every two years... hell, I'd probably still be using my Nokia 920 if I hadn't smashed the screen to smithereens... I loved that phone... the replacement 1520 was beautiful too...

I still feel let down by the switch from 1520 to Note 4, for work related reasons... but the Note 7 will alleviate some of that when the contract allows me to switch.
    07-31-2016 11:23 PM
    I think it's brilliant to align all the model numbers to 7. Each phone is different but cousins to each other.

My wife is tired of the size of her LG G3 and I'm bored and annoyed with my LG G4. So she is getting a S7 and I am getting a Note 7. We will both be content to ride out our new contracts for 2 years with these 7's and not even look at these forums next year when the 8's come out.

As an aside I think that people wanting a cool phone and don't need the a stylus and don't want a smaller phone would get the S7 edge.

To me this all makes sense.

Honestly, I don't see the Note 8 being a big upgrade next year. This year they have Iris scanner (gimmick don't care) water resistant, bigger screen, curved edge, and micro SD slot. Other than slightly faster process and maybe slightly better screen resolution there isn't very much that will be upgraded most likely unless they bring IR blaster back which they won't. It won't be the big boost it is getting this year. It will be like an Iphone 6 to 6s so I think you're safe skipping a year.
    07-31-2016 11:44 PM
    Doesn't bother me.

1. I was burned years ago when the 810 turned out to be a dud. I'll take the proven performer as a processor. The extra 5% speed (maybe) doesn't matter to me.

2. The spen is a big deal to me. A lot goes into making it work. The wacom hardware, the extra software (the only "bloat" I like). I'm way more productive with my note than my other phones.

The cost doesn't matter much to me if I'm more productive.

3. Battery life is better than the old note is all I really care about.

I think it is great that the s7e exists for those who don't want the spen.

"Years" ago for 810? Are we talking electronic years? That would work
    08-01-2016 08:26 AM
    The reception the last few days has absolutely been more positive here than elsewhere. Go look at reddit, read the comments from multiple Android websites and even some articles from their writers to see that people really are upset over what looks like the final specs. The Galaxy S7 Edge has made people have unrealistic expectations for what the Note would bring to the table. Also, people are ignoring the fact that the Note was never marketed as phone for everyone, but towards people who see value in the s pen.
    People are sometimes spoiled for choice IMO. Samsung has to balance their investments in technology and optimize their return on investments, so they will stay with fabrication levels as long as they can and move on due to the natural curve of tech advancement- when they have to. The current core design of the fab tech for the Ex and Qual chipsets Samsung uses is a few years old. so diminished returns (more performance equals more power and heat). Next fall should be the "dawn" of the new chips in mass production.

One thing I notice is Samung learned their lesson with removing micro sd slots. As their 256GB card push shows, they are investing in card slots again for differentiation from Apple.
    08-01-2016 08:32 AM
    I have a 128 gb SD card I have not been able to use just sitting around. Hoping soon to insert it in my new Note!!
    Preorders might offer a free 256GB micro sd that Samsung recently launched.
    08-01-2016 08:40 AM
    Ugh. The Note7 is not the S7 edge. The S7 edge does not have USB-C. The S7 edge does not have Gorilla Glass 5. The S7 edge does not have a 5.7" screen. The S7 edge does not have an iris scanner. The S7 edge does not have an Spen that can write on a wet screen.
    TJA3500 likes this.
    08-01-2016 09:25 AM
    Ugh. The Note7 is not the S7 edge. The S7 edge does not have USB-C. The S7 edge does not have Gorilla Glass 5. The S7 edge does not have a 5.7" screen. The S7 edge does not have an iris scanner. The S7 edge does not have an Spen that can write on a wet screen.
    Hoping the GG5 is correct... Is that confirmed?

08-01-2016 09:36 AM
    Not bothered. If I wanted a phone without the spen I would have bought the s7e but being I need the spen and I have the note 3 then this is a good upgrade for me. At least with my wife having the s7e I kinda of know what I am getting with the note 7. The note 7 is not supposed to be an upgrade from the s7e. It's supposed to be an upgrade from the Note 5. If people don't need the spen I suggest they stay with or get the s7e if they are a Samsung fan.
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-01-2016 09:49 AM
    Honestly, I don't see the Note 8 being a big upgrade next year. This year they have Iris scanner (gimmick don't care) water resistant, bigger screen, curved edge, and micro SD slot. Other than slightly faster process and maybe slightly better screen resolution there isn't very much that will be upgraded most likely unless they bring IR blaster back which they won't. It won't be the big boost it is getting this year. It will be like an Iphone 6 to 6s so I think you're safe skipping a year.
    For the hardware aspect, we pretty much already know what the Note8 will have on board...SD 830, 6gb RAM, 5.9" 4K screen and that fancy new camera module that is being developed right now. Of course, they will add new software features as well. Maybe they will have a S-pen that lights up in the dark if you drop it via a toggle or something.
    So, they will definitely continue to add to the spec sheet to keep people buying for the frequent updaters. However, the phone will definitely be relevant for a couple years until the software updates stop coming.
    08-01-2016 10:12 AM
    Why are folks appearing to be almost incredulous to having the same apparent chip as the S7E? Every Note that I am aware of had the same chip as the smaller Samsung devices launched a few months earlier. Why is this an issue now?
    08-01-2016 12:03 PM
    I change once a year- I wonder if I can last 2 BUT if I think about it I upgraded iPhone 6 Plus for 6s plus/ lame
    LoL
    I love the iPhone but want to try Samsung again-
    It's gonna be Galaxy s7edge or the note 7
    The only thing about the edge is my OCD and I feel it's a delicate screen for even accidental drops
    08-01-2016 12:37 PM
    Why are folks appearing to be almost incredulous to having the same apparent chip as the S7E? Every Note that I am aware of had the same chip as the smaller Samsung devices launched a few months earlier. Why is this an issue now?
    Until the Note 5, the Note usually had an improved processor and more ram. That's why.
    08-01-2016 05:51 PM
    Because the Note line was supposed to feature the best and newest specs. The S7Edge has the sd 820 now the sd 823 is available so it needless to say it should power the N 7.
    And yes I'm bothered by that the S7E should be the best S Line phone but not on par with the Note
    08-01-2016 06:07 PM
    Mainly because you are incorrect. The Note usual has bumped up specs from the earlier S series (ie the S5 had an sd801 vs the sd805 in the Note 4) . In this case it doesn't so it begs the question as to why they didn't just release it at the same time as the s7 Edge then if there's nothing new in it.
    08-01-2016 06:58 PM
    Mainly because you are incorrect. The Note usual has bumped up specs from the earlier S series (ie the S5 had an sd801 vs the sd805 in the Note 4) . In this case it doesn't so it begs the question as to why they didn't just release it at the same time as the s7 Edge then if there's nothing new in it.
    What do you mean by nothing new in it?

08-01-2016 07:11 PM
    Don't know why had in my head same chips. Perhaps the 821/823 chips are not in mass production yields yet for a device like this.

What ever the case, I do not like the Edge display since distorts video at top and bottom and also has issue with some games. It bugs me. I will stick with the MXPE if the edges are like the S7E.

IF the LG 20 has 5.7 display, 64GB, micro sd and replaceable battery, that might be my option. Still use my Note 4 for Gear VR and back-up. Since the Samsung displays likely use the same pentile AMOLED pixel arrays, there would be the same screen door issues as the Note 4 on up. No image quality improvement in regards to the screen door that makes watching movies with subtitles fairly futile. Brotherhood of the Wolf is an example.
    08-01-2016 07:21 PM
    For the hardware aspect, we pretty much already know what the Note8 will have on board...SD 830, 6gb RAM, 5.9" 4K screen and that fancy new camera module that is being developed right now. Of course, they will add new software features as well. Maybe they will have a S-pen that lights up in the dark if you drop it via a toggle or something.
    So, they will definitely continue to add to the spec sheet to keep people buying for the frequent updaters. However, the phone will definitely be relevant for a couple years until the software updates stop coming.
    the Note 9 will be a hologram lol

08-01-2016 07:30 PM
126 ... 23456