Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

I always loved Samsung
My husband I grabbed him an lgg3 & it's paid for..
I love the note series but didn't use the stylus often

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
The extra memory card is a plus- I didn't make sense on my post lol
I have att
I am overpaying
I want to go to T-Mobile and I don't want another iPhone 6s Plus-
I kinda miss android and want to go back-
Note 2 was my last galaxy phone

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Wait .. Smaller battery? Than what? If you're comparing Note to Note it is bigger, no?
If you read the title of the thread, smaller than the S7 Edge.

Smaller than earlier rumors, and smaller than S7 Edge (according to latest rumors), but bigger than previous Note.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you read the title of the thread, smaller than the S7 Edge.

Smaller than earlier rumors, and smaller than S7 Edge (according to latest rumors), but bigger than previous Note.

And I did read it ;)... Hence me comparing it Note to note. If we want to compare other phones why not open it up to any phone instead of limiting it to the edge? I'd rather compare Note to note. If the difference was like 1k mAh I could see the issue but 100? Eh..

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
And I did read it ;)... Hence me comparing it Note to note. If we want to compare other phones why not open it up to any phone instead of limiting it to the edge? I'd rather compare Note to note. If the difference was like 1k mAh I could see the issue but 100? Eh..

Because many of us are deciding between buying an S7 Edge, and a Note 7. Hence the comparison. I am not trying to choose between a new Note and an old Note.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Because many of us are deciding between buying an S7 Edge, and a Note 7. Hence the comparison. I am not trying to choose between a new Note and an old Note.

I would rather get the note 7. Newer tech, couple cool but gimmicky additions, supposdely good screen, S-Pen, possibly new processor and more ram, slightly bigger, and the biggest part is USB Type C.

Now all you have to determine is all that worth the extra price. Remember you are keeping this phone for probably 2 years, and i'm sure companies will be utilizing with USB typce C more, and you'll want a phone that can hold out for the time. So the extra cost should not be much of a deterrent between the Note 7 and the Edge.

TL: DR: $100-200 extra investment going matter in 2 years? That's up to you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Ah well .. IMO .. I wouldn't let a 100 mAh in battery sway your decision. As said in previous threads that isn't going to make a game breaking difference.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I would rather get the note 7. Newer tech, couple cool but gimmicky additions, supposdely good screen, S-Pen, possibly new processor and more ram, slightly bigger, and the biggest part is USB Type C.

Now all you have to determine is all that worth the extra price. Remember you are keeping this phone for probably 2 years, and i'm sure companies will be utilizing with USB typce C more, and you'll want a phone that can hold out for the time. So the extra cost should not be much of a deterrent between the Note 7 and the Edge.

TL: DR: $100-200 extra investment going matter in 2 years? That's up to you.

2 years?!?!? I agree with you, but the vast majority of the complainers are current s7 Edge owners. They haven't had their phones for 2 years (obviously). The Note is a companion option to the s7... not a replacement. People are free to do what you want, but comparing the Note 7 to the S7 and hoping for any significant difference is just plain ignorant. Samsung did not design them to be different, they didn't intend them to be different, they are producing just what they wanted to. I would bet the Note 8 is 99% the same as the s8... plan accordingly.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I will likely get the Note 7 unless it's an absurd price like over $900. Anyways if this is over $800 I would expect many here will hold onto it for two years? I mean since the Note 8 will only have minor upgrades probably.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

Wonder if Samsung will pull any surprises out of the bag on Tuesday?
There is no surprise now a days, everything will be leaked before hand for every phone. It's hard to keep leaks in check at the manufacturing channel, carrier testing, and various other channels. When is the last time any OEM surprised with anything we didn't know already?

So no I don't expect anything new, we kind of know what to expect.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
2 years?!?!? I agree with you, but the vast majority of the complainers are current s7 Edge owners. They haven't had their phones for 2 years (obviously). The Note is a companion option to the s7... not a replacement. People are free to do what you want, but comparing the Note 7 to the S7 and hoping for any significant difference is just plain ignorant. Samsung did not design them to be different, they didn't intend them to be different, they are producing just what they wanted to. I would bet the Note 8 is 99% the same as the s8... plan accordingly.

The s7 just came out a couple months ago, anyone complaining about the note 7 while owning the s7 is just being ridiculous as you just bought a new phone lol. A reviewer i can understand but just as a personal phone, c'mon why would you buy a new phone unless you are disspointed in the current phone?

Secondly, while they won't be drastically different, the note 7 should still out perform the s7 and S7E (depending on cpu and possibly ram). It is also a completely different product as well. The note performs differently because it has a different UI (the s7 will have its own updated one i'm sure as well) and adjustments for added features and S-Pen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The s7 just came out a couple months ago, anyone complaining about the note 7 while owning the s7 is just being ridiculous as you just bought a new phone lol.

Not really -- everyone is different. I have swapped many phones this year so far. A lot of people on here are chronic phone switchers and don't stick with the same phone :D.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Not really -- everyone is different. I have swapped many phones this year so far. A lot of people on here are chronic phone switchers and don't stick with the same phone :D.

Right. But I think the point is, that's not Samsung's fault.

The same thing is happening on the Apple forums. People with iPhone 6s's are complaining that the rumored iPhone 7 isn't offering a strong reason to upgrade. We're going to see more and more of these complaints as phone tech plateaus. If your LG right now, you gotta be thinking, Wtf?

Posted via the Android Central App

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

Ah, then i'm just not use to seeing it then. I usually hold on to a phone for 2-3 years even though i would love to buy a new phone every time i see something i like. But i rather do that with other tech products.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Right. But I think the point is, that's not Samsung's fault.

The same thing is happening on the Apple forums. People with iPhone 6s's are complaining that the rumored iPhone 7 isn't offering a strong reason to upgrade. We're going to see more and more of these complaints as phone tech plateaus. If your LG right now, you gotta be thinking, Wtf?

Posted via the Android Central App

My g5 is already broken. No more LG for me.

Apple customers have the right to complain though as apple likes to be known as the company that always innovates. Well that ship sailed almost 4 years ago. Samsung is still ahaead of apple so they just need to focus on getting those mad apple consumers, and that might in return hurt their currrent base but it won't be enough to make them switch to apple or others as long as they are on top.

dkp

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
a slightly larger screen, S Pen and a smaller battery?

I'm not that excited paying top dollar for 6-8 month old hardware in a new package. :'(

What gives?

Doesn't bother me.

1. I was burned years ago when the 810 turned out to be a dud. I'll take the proven performer as a processor. The extra 5% speed (maybe) doesn't matter to me.

2. The spen is a big deal to me. A lot goes into making it work. The wacom hardware, the extra software (the only "bloat" I like). I'm way more productive with my note than my other phones.

The cost doesn't matter much to me if I'm more productive.

3. Battery life is better than the old note is all I really care about.

I think it is great that the s7e exists for those who don't want the spen.

I never thought of the note to be a upgrade to the s line from the same year. It was for some I suppose.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac