Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
a slightly larger screen, S Pen and a smaller battery?

I'm not that excited paying top dollar for 6-8 month old hardware in a new package. :'(

What gives?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
re: Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

Apparently less edge. 64GB and micro sd is huge and ditto for the 820. For a lot of folks though, your point seems valid none the less.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
re: Bothered that the Note 7 is the S7 Edge with larger screen, S Pen, & smaller battery?

It seems Verizon only offers the 32 gb version of the S7, so for me there would be a difference between the Note 7 and the S7. Also, we don't know for sure yet about the Note battery size.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Yea, I forgot about the 64GB internal storage.:-\ I would pay for a 128GB or 256GB of internal storage but it's not going to happen.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

No it does not.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

To be honest, not really.

I loved the S7 edge. It's still my favorite phone of the year right now.

From what I see with the Note7, they took almost everything I liked about it and added the S Pen, some software stuff and other stuff like USB-C and 64GB of internal storage. Seems like it might even get an aluminum alloy upgrade as well. I'm still a little bummed over the slightly smaller battery (though it's 2.8% smaller, so not a really huge deal to me) and still not really feeling the iris scanner.

I understand why some might be bummed, especially for the price, but to me, I like it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I have a 128 gb SD card I have not been able to use just sitting around. Hoping soon to insert it in my new Note!!

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

For me Coming from a Note 5, The battery is 500 mAh larger than the Note 5, the expandable storage option is back and water resistance. Those 3 things alone make it worth it to me. Obviously if you are coming from an s7 edge i see your point because you already have all of that without the spen. but if you are coming from a Note 4 or 5 it's a win. My battery crapped the bed after marshmallow, so I'm looking forward to getting back to what i had and more.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Little bit... It would have been great to have at least SD 821 which probably is tiny bit more efficient and powerful than 820. I would pick the S7 edge if got the latest TouchWiz which Note 7 will have. Can't wait for months before S7 edge finally gets it, so as it stands now Note7 over edge because of software.

No I'm not rooting and put the custom ROM on the edge, too lazy to do all those these days.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

If it comes out with some stupid price tag like near $900 I will be tempted to buy an unlocked Edge from Best Buy or wait for the LG v20 which would probably be cheaper.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I'm not that excited paying top dollar for 6-8 month old hardware in a new package. :'(

What gives?

Old hardware?

New S-Pen
USB Type C
Iris Scanner
New CPU

Only thing that makes this seem the same as the s7 edge is the curves, ram and similar battery.

Though this is all speculation still mad will have to wait for th official announcement, but it's a whole new phone compared to the Note 5 ( with micro so sd, bigger battery, and water resistance, and the other features mentioned above) and only has an aesthetic and a few spec differences with the S7 edge.

Samsungs biggest mistake was not putting usb type c on the s7 and edge. Now that is old hardware ;)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking at this one pretty hard but I'm digging the expandable storage option returning. Let's see where the price lands.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

My wife has the s7 edge and I love it, but I need the spen..

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

What gives?

Completely agree. The only new aspect is a micro sd card but if you have a 64GB note 5 like I do then its enough.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Completely agree. The only new aspect is a micro sd card but if you have a 64GB note 5 like I do then its enough.
Comparing with the S7 edge not a big improvement but Note 7 is sure a big improvement than Note 5 in every area.

asimon1006

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Slight edge..will have glass screen protectors available. 64gb out the box..expands to 256 eoth sd card..iris scanner..water resistant..always on display..type c charging

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Speaking of Edge S7, my coworker showed me his Olympic special edition and it's awfully sick looking. The subtle Olympic ring colors are really cool! But I know what you mean...

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

No because it is an upgrade from my Note 4.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

I originally got my Note in order to read text more comfortably (bigger screen). Is there a reason to believe that, in that respect, Note 7 will be any any better than s7 Edge?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc