08-05-2016 09:23 PM
159 ... 4567
tools
    If that's the case, then there is no point in releasing it separately. Note line always been superior.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Well, they could, but that would mean that one Note device would have to require a dramatically shortened life-cycle.

Not only will that seriously annoy users of the device with the much shorter life-cycle, but also introduces new issues for that one iteration of the product.
    08-01-2016 12:52 AM
    So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year
    They believed correctly because I'm getting one. So I guess that counts for something.
    08-01-2016 01:14 AM
    But based on some of the things that were said originally here I'm calling BS. I'll just wait until Tuesday.
    08-01-2016 01:15 AM
    But based on some of the things that were said originally here I'm calling BS. I'll just wait until Tuesday.
    That's not long at all.

PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-01-2016 01:30 AM
    Anyword on if it had USB C charging or just the old style charging port?

08-01-2016 04:54 AM
    We're seeing hints of that if the rumor that the Note7 can run in 720p turns out to be true.
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. Maybe this is their way of testing it out until they can go to 4k next year.
    08-01-2016 06:27 AM
    USB C.

08-01-2016 06:40 AM
    That's not long at all.by

Exactly!
    08-01-2016 10:14 AM
    So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year
    Specs are fine to me, I'll be replacing my Nexus 6p with the new Note.
    08-01-2016 12:21 PM
    Yeah, I know, but Samsungs camera is always better. More important is the quality of the image sensor and lens also Resolution. And while some camera phones now boast 5 or more megapixels, cell phone manufacturers tend to skimp on crucial components.
    08-02-2016 01:54 AM
    Yeah, that's pretty cool. Maybe this is their way of testing it out until they can go to 4k next year.
    It would be a battery saving feature. So 4K screen would seriously cut battery life with pretty much no benefit.
    08-02-2016 02:35 AM
    So I have a 64GB Note 5 and two S7 Edge phones. I think I'll skip the Note this year. I bought the Note 5 in December and I've only really started using it a lot over the last two months. I still use a Note Edge and a Note 4 too, all five of these phones are activated on T-Mobile lines.

I'll still see what they announce in the morning.
    08-02-2016 04:30 AM
    I don't have a problem so much with the note 7 having the same specs as the s7 edge. I have a bigger issue with the rumored price of this phone being close to a $1000 for essentially nothing different from the s7 edge. The spen shouldn't add that much of a premium on 6 month old specs so I wonder if the added cost is purely for the curved amoled screen.
    I also think having more ram would be nice since the spen software would run more smoothly with more ram. I also worry about battery life for this phone. The note 7 has a larger screen than the note 5 or s7 edge but allegedly has a smaller battery than the latter with the same soc as the s7 edge. A larger screen generally means it will take more juice to power and run. Not to mention there could be new spen features or other hardware/software features implemented by Samsung that could also tax the battery more than the s7 edge. It could end up potentially with battery life identical to the note 5 after all is said and done. All for a big premium over a 6 month old phone for basically identical specs.
    Actually a smaller battery wouldn't be that big of a deal if it samsung was adding a more power efficient soc like the 821. I also wonder if Samsung has been allowing all of these leaks as misinformation so that they can surprise everyone with a second note 7 with different specs. If so this would be a brilliant marketing strategy. I guess we will all find out in a few hours.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-02-2016 05:26 AM
    It would be a battery saving feature. So 4K screen would seriously cut battery life with pretty much no benefit.
    I'm talking about practicing display scaling. So that way next year they could do 4k during VR use. That would be a benefit. You don't want to use 4k all the time though cause like you said, that would cut battery life.
    08-02-2016 05:52 AM
    So I have a 64GB Note 5 and two S7 Edge phones. I think I'll skip the Note this year. I bought the Note 5 in December and I've only really started using it a lot over the last two months. I still use a Note Edge and a Note 4 too, all five of these phones are activated on T-Mobile lines.

I'll still see what they announce in the morning.
    If you are not a media junkie (I am), the Note 5 is still great. I like having my entire media collection on a micro sd card though (256GB might be free with preorders for Note 7). No cloud needed then, or wasting using my data downloading my own content when no wifi available.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-02-2016 07:35 AM
    I'm talking about practicing display scaling. So that way next year they could do 4k during VR use. That would be a benefit. You don't want to use 4k all the time though cause like you said, that would cut battery life.
    Ditto. Hopefully 4K devices have hard scaling so 1080p, 1440p and 4K (for VR) can be options to the user. Still doubt we will see a 4K device for VR for another two years. Well, a 4K device that does not run crazy hot and drain battery fast. VR splitting 4K chokes PC's, so seems we are still a ways away from an efficient GPU that can manage rendering 4K into two separate images at same time, while pushing the math for both in a phone sized device.

1440P split in two runs hot on current devices and the same fabrication tech is used in the road map through next year.
    08-02-2016 07:42 AM
    If you are not a media junkie (I am), the Note 5 is still great. I like having my entire media collection on a micro sd card though (256GB might be free with preorders for Note 7). No cloud needed then, or wasting using my data downloading my own content when no wifi available.
    I rarely use my phone to store music on. I just bought the 64GB because, why not?

I'm also surprised to see that there is no SD card slot on the 7 but that's why there is the 64GB storage capacity.

I'll look forward to see what comes out with the Nexus and 2017 for anything else.
    08-02-2016 08:24 AM
    I'm also surprised to see that there is no SD card slot on the 7 but that's why there is the 64GB storage capacity.
    But it DOES have an SD slot... 😕😞
    08-02-2016 08:36 AM
    But it DOES have an SD slot... ������������
    I missed that in this thread. Wow. I'm wondering if the bootloader will be locked in the US like on the S7/Edge.
    08-02-2016 08:38 AM
    I'm glad we're to the point now where I don't have to read "if it doesn't have a removable battery" every other post
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:02 AM
    I'm glad we're to the point now where I don't have to read "if it doesn't have a removable battery" every other post
    I'm with you, but I think you are poking the bear here :-)
    recDNA likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:14 AM
    I missed that in this thread. Wow. I'm wondering if the bootloader will be locked in the US like on the S7/Edge.
    I'm pretty sure it will be locked bootloader... There is no reason for them to care for a tiny percent who wants unlocked bootloader. There are Nexus and other phones for those audience.
    08-02-2016 09:20 AM
    I'm with you, but I think you are poking the bear here :-)
    You're absolutely right, my bad...
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:26 AM
    So I was lucky to play with the note 7 for a couple hours today....

What I learned:
    Rumored specs are confirmed correct
    64gb only variant.

This is the first phone ever that has "HDR".
    Iris scanner works very well, even with glasses. Only complication is glasses IF there is a glare.

Phone is IP67 with or without the pen inserted.

Pressure sensitivity is DOUBLED!

Camera is exact same from the s7.

Software:

EXTREMELY REFINED! Looks a lot like that leaked video a couple months ago of the Samsung UX. No dramatic colors. Everything is refined and very flat. No abysmal colors in the status bar.

They have a Gif maker for existing or new videos.
    Don't know if that's new...

Look and feel;

This phone feels slightly heavier, very solid and feels really comfortable in the hand. They refined the "edge" it's not as dramatic as the s7 edge and it's really well done. The edge is more used as a bezel remover and not a feature. But you still have the functionality.

The black Note 7 is actually a flat black. It's looks amazing. It looks like a bat phone. The color was eye catching on it..

Pre order is : August 3rd.

Release date is August 19th.

Pre order bonus ether : Gear Fit 2 OR A 256GB MEMORY CARD.
    Just want to say op was spot on. Great post and sorry for doubting haha!
    08-02-2016 04:48 PM
    Just want to say op was spot on. Great post and sorry for doubting haha!
    I appreciate that
    08-02-2016 06:51 PM
159 ... 4567