Played with the Note 7 for 2 hours today...

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
No removable battery. Samsung has done away with that.
So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year
If you are hoping for removable battery that's not going to happen in the near future. 4k screen probably next year though I'm OK with the current screen resolutions. Generally every year Note series has something extra in the hardware specs compared to the S series but this year nothing other than iris scanner.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I actually would. I like the S7e, but I wanted an S Pen.

This fits the bill, along with 64GB of internal storage and some other less-significant upgrades.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This mean the edge has better resistance?

Btw, is this guy credible?
I've read a lot of the recent rumored specs.

His one matches the others I've read, but he states IP67, while everyone else stated IP68.

That sounds a little odd, but we'll see on August 2nd. Actually pretty close now.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I've read a lot of the recent rumored specs.

His one matches the others I've read, but he states IP67, while everyone else stated IP68.

That sounds a little odd, but we'll see on August 2nd. Actually pretty close now.
Couple days.

Only thing i am disappointed in is the date. I mainly stayed away from the edge because no usb typce c. I'm fine with this note and the extra features.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Couple days.

Only thing i am disappointed in is the date. I mainly stayed away from the edge because no usb typce c. I'm fine with this note and the extra features.
I'm also fine with it.

I loved the S7e but really wanted an S Pen. While this doesn't seem to have a processor and memory upgrade, the basic hardware of the S7e is more than fine for my usage and frankly, with 64GB of internal storage, USB-C, potentially better charging, refined software and maybe even an upgraded chassis, I think this is going to be another worthy Note device, even if it doesn't seem to have much of a hardware upgrade.

lionhammer

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've never had much interest in an android watch.

I guess Verizon has changed their edge plan where a bunch of the phones allow you to upgrade every 12 months, so I think this one will be great for the next year.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I've never had much interest in an android watch.

I guess Verizon has changed their edge plan where a bunch of the phones allow you to upgrade every 12 months, so I think this one will be great for the next year.

I got the Samsung Gear watch a year and a half ago, and it's been a solid tech purchase for me. Have worn it daily since.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
IP 67 ? I hope that was a typo. 4 GB RAM is disappointing. I don't WANT/NEED 4K screen. I would be very very unhappy if Samsung later brought out a 6 GB model 😠

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Don't you mean If YOU are going to pay a premium? I'm not sure you can speak for everyone else.

Remember how now one was going to pay for a glass phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
IP 67 ? I hope that was a typo. 4 GB RAM is disappointing. I don't WANT/NEED 4K screen. I would be very very unhappy if Samsung later brought out a 6 GB model ������

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.
To be frank, while 6GB would have been nice to have, 4GB is still more than plenty.

Right now, there's little benefit to having 6GB of memory aside from some street cred and maybe VR applications. There might be some in the future, but as it stands, 4GB is still more than plenty.

As a note, this is my friend's OnePlus 3. He didn't really use up even 3GB of it. Pretty sure the Note will end up using a little more since it has more features to run, but really, for what many of us are likely gonna use it for in most cases, it's not like it's going to reach the ceiling all the time.
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC