Played with the Note 7 for 2 hours today...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year

More power to you -- I couldn't hang on to such an old phone. Not for one difference of a removable battery. Not worth it for me.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
is the battery 4000mah or 3500mah? tbh all those high end specs useless on S series, as samsung throttles the GPU and CPU on heavy games on purpose, if u root and install imagebreaker kernel, it bypassing all the DVFS restrication and limiting, then all your games are 60 fps as oppose to barely 15 fps with sluggish performance.

Note 7 seems to be disappointment , they playing way too safe.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
18 months isn't old
Unless you install a custom ROM or use a Nexus, 18 months is a bit on the "aging" side when it comes to software support.

You won't experience any ill-effects right now because it's on Marshmallow, but I personally wouldn't advise holding onto a phone that might be dropped on the software support reel.

If you want to and can do it, more power to you.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Unless you install a custom ROM or use a Nexus, 18 months is a bit on the "aging" side when it comes to software support.

You won't experience any ill-effects right now because it's on Marshmallow, but I personally wouldn't advise holding onto a phone that might be dropped on the software support reel.

If you want to and can do it, more power to you.
Well it's fully rooted unlocked so I can do and install however I feel pleased with it :)

it may be older but my batteries will still outlast the Note 7 :)

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It's old for lot of us here... It's all relative. 5 years is also not too old for some one and same way 3 months may be old for someone else. Varies from person to person.

Yep, agreed. I also don't see the need to run mm or nougat as the measure of outdated. I have 3 tablets, and I don't even know off the top of my head what version they are running. Pretty sure all 3 are 4.4 kk.

Also Samsung considers the Note 7 to be part of the 7 series. Not an upgrade to the 7 edge. If you got one and see it that way, great, but that isn't how Samsung looks at it. As long as you are looking at it different from the people doing the designing then you will always be disapointed.

The manufacturers look at 12-18 month upgrade cycles at best, and the reasonable way to look at it is to compare to models that fall into that catagory..at least. Vs s6, it's a powerful upgrade vs Note 5... ehhh, that's what I have now, and I will upgrade, I think it will be worth it, though it won't be a a huge jump. (besides my kid wants my note 5, my old note 2 is getting too slow for her)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
JohnBody ... tell us how were you able to get access to this phone? I want to believe everything you told us! :)

I am also interested in the pre-order information. Will all carriers get that deal for either the watch or the SD card? My Gear S is broken. I need to use elastic bands to charge it and I would love to be able to get the Gear S 2.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The only question I have is, Where are all the PICTURES?

If I had the chance to play with the highly anticipated Note 7, that nobody in the world has seen, a few days early, I surely would have pulled out my phone a snapped a few pictures.

Also no mention of where this happened?

What Gives?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... This can't be in reference to the camera as many have it. An HDR screen? Impressive if true, but hmm ...
It's likely that the phone could have HDR for recording video.

I remember seeing someone in the thread who has the Grace UX beta for the Note5, and he got a menu that allowed him to toggle HDR video recording and adjusting the effect.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
JohnBody ... tell us how were you able to get access to this phone? I want to believe everything you told us! :)

I am also interested in the pre-order information. Will all carriers get that deal for either the watch or the SD card? My Gear S is broken. I need to use elastic bands to charge it and I would love to be able to get the Gear S 2.
The original post said gear fit 2 not gear S2. Unsure if that would make a difference to you or not...