Played with the Note 7 for 2 hours today...

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If this is the only variant of the Note 7 they're providing next week, I'm going to wait and see what the V20 will look like. Should only be a few weeks to wait and compare, which isn't bad. The Note 4 got me this far.

Posted via the Android Central App

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Is that soooo ??

Hmmmmm ........ last time I mentioned my excitement for the water proofing and " why " it got deleted so I now know better not to even goooo there ahem ahem !!
I can think of only 3 uses it what you mean. Though why a rubber ducky may be involved is beyond me :cool:.

Never had a water proof phone. Seen some cool photos with the s7 and LinusTech pretty much showed that the s7 can snap some cool underwater ocean pics.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am sure the new UI will come to the s7/s7e anyway so it kind of seems moot on that "benefit" but glad they continue to improve touchwiz.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss the mention of the version of Android on the N7? Nougat or MM?

I'd like to see a summary of the differences between the S7E and the N7 (not to include the obvious SPen).

I'll have to check it out in person, but I am not particularly interested in the edge screen. I suppose I could be persuaded though.

I think I'll be looking at the V20 and the Marlin too. Especially the Marlin if it has decent specs. I really want a removable battery and hate to compromise on that. SD storage is nice, but give me enough built-in storage and I'm fine. But more than all the above, I want timely security updates... which gives the Nexus the edge... so to speak. ;)

I'm a little surprised at the compromises I'm faced with (upgrading from my old GS4 3 years down the road from the S4 release).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I was lucky to play with the note 7 for a couple hours today....

What I learned:
Rumored specs are confirmed correct
64gb only variant.

This is the first phone ever that has "HDR".
Iris scanner works very well, even with glasses. Only complication is glasses IF there is a glare.

Phone is IP67 with or without the pen inserted.

Pressure sensitivity is DOUBLED!

Camera is exact same from the s7.

Software:

EXTREMELY REFINED! Looks a lot like that leaked video a couple months ago of the Samsung UX. No dramatic colors. Everything is refined and very flat. No abysmal colors in the status bar.

They have a Gif maker for existing or new videos.
Don't know if that's new...

Look and feel;

This phone feels slightly heavier, very solid and feels really comfortable in the hand. They refined the "edge" it's not as dramatic as the s7 edge and it's really well done. The edge is more used as a bezel remover and not a feature. But you still have the functionality.

The black Note 7 is actually a flat black. It's looks amazing. It looks like a bat phone. The color was eye catching on it..

Pre order is : August 3rd.

Release date is August 19th.

Pre order bonus ether : Gear Fit 2 OR A 256GB MEMORY CARD.
256gb card? Whuuuut? The Samsung card is $178 at Amazon. Hopefully BB and Verizon have that pre-order option.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wish they would have went exynos.
Samsung does not want to invest the capacity and is committed to supplying Apple as well. The last thing they want to do is spend triple digit millions in new facilities and then Apple says, See yah!

Also would likely kill Qualcomm since they would then have idle capacity and no big customer to fill it.

Samsung is happy to contract out to Qualcomm and then tell Qualcomm, See Ya! if Apple says the same to them. Good business strategy.