Played with the Note 7 for 2 hours today...

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, you had it backwards. I use the VR with my S6 and S7e and while it's good, it can be pixelated at times. 4k would definitely be a step up, but for any other use case I think it would be pointless. If they could do like Sony and only enable 4k during VR and use 2k at all other times, I think it'd be a win. Guess we'll see next year

I realized i was confusing it with brightness...Feel pretty dumb lol.

I want the VR but like everyone else, would probably get bored of it fast. Maybe once they start making VR movies, people will use them more. Unlike 3D tech, i belive augmented reality and VR have a bright future.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case, then there is no point in releasing it separately. Note line always been superior.

Posted via the Android Central App
Well, they could, but that would mean that one Note device would have to require a dramatically shortened life-cycle.

Not only will that seriously annoy users of the device with the much shorter life-cycle, but also introduces new issues for that one iteration of the product.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year

They believed correctly because I'm getting one. So I guess that counts for something.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
So same specs like the S7 edge, no removable battery, no 4k screen and basically the same camera ?

If Samsung believes people are going to pay a premium for just the S Pen only they are out of their mind. Gonna hang on to my Note 4 another year
Specs are fine to me, I'll be replacing my Nexus 6p with the new Note.

Vikas Dhar

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I know, but Samsungs camera is always better. More important is the quality of the image sensor and lens also Resolution. And while some camera phones now boast 5 or more megapixels, cell phone manufacturers tend to skimp on crucial components.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So I have a 64GB Note 5 and two S7 Edge phones. I think I'll skip the Note this year. I bought the Note 5 in December and I've only really started using it a lot over the last two months. I still use a Note Edge and a Note 4 too, all five of these phones are activated on T-Mobile lines.

I'll still see what they announce in the morning.

mobilem1

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a problem so much with the note 7 having the same specs as the s7 edge. I have a bigger issue with the rumored price of this phone being close to a $1000 for essentially nothing different from the s7 edge. The spen shouldn't add that much of a premium on 6 month old specs so I wonder if the added cost is purely for the curved amoled screen.
I also think having more ram would be nice since the spen software would run more smoothly with more ram. I also worry about battery life for this phone. The note 7 has a larger screen than the note 5 or s7 edge but allegedly has a smaller battery than the latter with the same soc as the s7 edge. A larger screen generally means it will take more juice to power and run. Not to mention there could be new spen features or other hardware/software features implemented by Samsung that could also tax the battery more than the s7 edge. It could end up potentially with battery life identical to the note 5 after all is said and done. All for a big premium over a 6 month old phone for basically identical specs.
Actually a smaller battery wouldn't be that big of a deal if it samsung was adding a more power efficient soc like the 821. I also wonder if Samsung has been allowing all of these leaks as misinformation so that they can surprise everyone with a second note 7 with different specs. If so this would be a brilliant marketing strategy. I guess we will all find out in a few hours.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It would be a battery saving feature. So 4K screen would seriously cut battery life with pretty much no benefit.
I'm talking about practicing display scaling. So that way next year they could do 4k during VR use. That would be a benefit. You don't want to use 4k all the time though cause like you said, that would cut battery life.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I have a 64GB Note 5 and two S7 Edge phones. I think I'll skip the Note this year. I bought the Note 5 in December and I've only really started using it a lot over the last two months. I still use a Note Edge and a Note 4 too, all five of these phones are activated on T-Mobile lines.

I'll still see what they announce in the morning.

If you are not a media junkie (I am), the Note 5 is still great. I like having my entire media collection on a micro sd card though (256GB might be free with preorders for Note 7). No cloud needed then, or wasting using my data downloading my own content when no wifi available.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084