Apparently the Note 7 is similar to the S7 edge, which seems to lose in all speed tests I have seen when pitted against Apples latest flagships. This is especially true when it comes to loading games (iPhones are just faster due to their optimization and hardware/ software integration). Also, iPhones entail a faster frame rate when playing games which leads to a smoother experience. On the other hand, the 2k display of the recent Samsungs blow the iPhone's display out of the water, also the iPhone seems to lose pretty bad in battery tests, and loses when it comes to camera quality and low-light photos.

If there is a way to increase the fps when playing games and increase the speed of opening and loading apps to the point it could beat the iPhone in speed tests then I would be 100% sold on the Note 7. I've never had an Android before but I hear some pretty good things, and I would prefer the Note 7 to the new iPhone 7 plus being released soon if I could get a better gaming experience. Even if not though I still might buy it anyway for the battery life. Any help guys?
    07-31-2016 02:05 PM
    In order to increase the fps and loading times, Samsung would have to work on optimization. iPhone has optimized how the OS and internal components work together; this is why their specs aren't as high as Samsung but it runs smooth, and has better single core speeds. I've gone from Samsung to Apple, back to Samsung. I've never had gaming issues on any of my note series. The Note 7 could be what you're looking for but keep in mind that if you've never owned an android, it's a different ecosystem that has confused people to the point of abandonment.
    07-31-2016 04:26 PM
    If gaming is the most important thing for you, and you are happy with your gaming on the iPhone, then you probably will be happy with the new ones they will come out with in September. The Galaxy S and Galaxy Note series seem to do pretty great with gaming in my (limited) gaming experience, and I have honestly never heard any issues with gaming on the Note series. I do prefer the bigger screen when gaming though.

If I were you, I would consider the bigger picture (including battery life and gaming of course), such as:
    - Are you invested in the Apple ecosystem (paid a lot for iOS apps already, use MACs and iPads, Apple Home, Apple TV etc), such that integration with your iPhone would be easier?
    - Do you use Google apps a lot (Gmail, Maps, google Photos, Youtube, Chromecast , etc) where the Note will offer better experiences on those
    - Do you like to customize your phone (Android has always been the better option here).

Lastly, I wouldn't rely too heavily on battery tests, or CPU tests, etc. Real world use is often different from what some tests realize. At this point the Galaxy series of phones, and the iPhones both off great overall experiences. Pick the requirements most important to you and find out as much as you can before deciding.

Good luck!
    skatergirl likes this.
    07-31-2016 06:15 PM
    I agree with dsignori, especially if you are heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem. I have never tried to convince an Apple person to switch to Android. That said, the Note phones are awesome and I expect the Note 7 to be awesome as well.
    08-01-2016 08:18 AM
    The biggest gap for most iOS users is the investment in that app ecosystem and being used to having iTunes as the main portal/hub. IMO, even the Note 4 is still better than the iPhone Plus models as far as just hardware.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    08-01-2016 08:23 AM
    I have never used iPhone and thus as my kids are growing I naturally got them Android. However as contracts change I am going to phase them to iPhone.

As much as I love Android, and will always be on it myself, for the kids' purposes iPhone suits them better.

The reason why is iMessages. Their sports teams and friends all use this. I even tried to show one team how easy it is to set up What's app. But sorry... They are all sheep and iMessages is all they know.

So in this case the ecosystem needs of my kids dictated the choice. Everyone around me knows I love Android but they never hear me saying it's the best. I always say what's best for one person may be different for the next.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dsignori likes this.
    08-01-2016 08:53 AM