This is a good read on how Samsung is thinking when it comes to making / designing their phones .

How Samsung plans its phones | The Verge

Thanks Kevin O'Quinn for finding the article .
    Kevin OQuinn, ajb1965 and Preach2k like this.
    08-01-2016 11:41 AM
    The Verge interviewed Kim Gae-youn, Samsung's head of planning on smartphones and covered how the S7 was planned out the S7 and S7 Edge and their thoughts on device philosophy.

Key takeaways:

1. Edge is here to stay.
    2. Removable batteries are gone for good.
    3. Samsung has a ton of data on how customers actually use their phones and that data drives their decisions
    4. Camera QUALITY matters, not MP count.

This is actually a really interesting interview, hope people have time to give it a good read.
    Almeuit and Preach2k like this.
    08-01-2016 11:42 AM
    The Verge interviewed Kim Gae-youn, Samsung's head of planning on smartphones and covered how the S7 was planned out the S7 and S7 Edge and their thoughts on device philosophy.

Key takeaways:

1. Edge is here to stay.
    2. Removable batteries are gone for good.
    3. Samsung has a ton of data on how customers actually use their phones and that data drives their decisions
    4. Camera QUALITY matters, not MP count.

This is actually a really interesting interview, hope people have time to give it a good read.
    In my opinion, point 3 is the most important. Data should drive decisions, and not feelings or opinions. That's just good business and makes the job of selling the phone much easier.
    Aquila and PlaybookFanatic like this.
    08-01-2016 11:48 AM
    Thanks, this just confirms what I already knew; I'm done with Samsung! Not a fan of sealed batteries and glass backs. This Note 4 will be my last! Actually picking up another this week as a backup/insurance.
    Are you interested in the V20 at all?
    08-01-2016 12:36 PM
    Are you interested in the V20 at all?
    I was just thinking the same thing. while the G5 has turned into crap, the V10 is built like a tank. if this Note is super high priced and not out for a few weeks still I will seriously look into a V20. Removable battery, IR blaster, SD card. Sure no Spen but all those features make it a wash IMO.
    Aquila and recDNA like this.
    08-01-2016 12:38 PM
    From the Verge article:

"How about removable batteries — do you think that’ll ever be possible with this style of design?

Not impossible — everything’s possible. It’s just cost issues and tradeoffs. So if we applied a replaceable battery then the thickness of the device is higher, and it’s wider, and there’s a robustness issue for replaceable batteries, with the metal and glass design. We can solve that! But it costs a lot."

Now that's a design I'd be willing to pay a premium for, not this thin glass backed sealed/embedded battery crap!
    Smart exec doesn't want to rule anything out but also spell out the reasons why they won't do it.

They obviously know the price ceiling for their devices.
    08-01-2016 02:17 PM
    I was just thinking the same thing. while the G5 has turned into crap, the V10 is built like a tank. if this Note is super high priced and not out for a few weeks still I will seriously look into a V20. Removable battery, IR blaster, SD card. Sure no Spen but all those features make it a wash IMO.
    is the V series the flagship product for LG now?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-01-2016 07:24 PM
    Well, Samsung has pretty much said that their future devices won't have removable batteries.

Yeah, I know some aren't gonna be happy.
    08-01-2016 09:39 PM
    The proof is in the results. Which OEMs are still offering removable batteries, and how is that feature effecting their bottom line?

08-01-2016 09:47 PM
    The proof is in the results. Which OEMs are still offering removable batteries, and how is that feature effecting their bottom line?

I don't believe there is cause and effect regarding removable batteries and sales. Samsung made money hand over fist with removable batteries, and is continuing to make money hand over fist without.

I don't think the majority of the phone buying population cares one way or the other. Here in the forums and tech sites, it would never seem that way, but overall most people don't care IMO.
    08-01-2016 09:52 PM
    I don't believe there is cause and effect regarding removable batteries and sales. Samsung made money hand over fist with removable batteries, and is continuing to make money hand over fist without.

I don't think the majority of the phone buying population cares one way or the other. Here in the forums and tech sites, it would never seem that way, but overall most people don't care IMO.
    Correlation is approximately 0.01.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-01-2016 10:06 PM

Boom.
    08-01-2016 10:09 PM
    By the way, the entire interview is pretty interesting. Give that a proper read and once-over if you can.

Especially on the software front.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-01-2016 11:01 PM

Yep. That was kinda where I was headed with that. lol

08-02-2016 12:01 AM
    Boom.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5o...ew?usp=sharing

^_^.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-02-2016 12:14 AM
    You & Diehard....my forum bffs lol
    08-02-2016 07:04 AM