08-15-2016 10:35 PM
490 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I'm still on note 3 and also passing - I am so unbelievably disappointed.
    lol
    08-03-2016 12:48 PM
    If samsung can have a separate launch event for the Note7 then Samsung might as well just start releasing the galaxy S series Edge variants on a separate launch event too.. That's even more of a differentiation (between the two S series) than this disappointment called the note line now..
    Gearu likes this.
    08-03-2016 12:55 PM
    I'm still on note 3 and also passing - I am so unbelievably disappointed.
    Lmao
    08-03-2016 01:02 PM
    While I agree that they're not likely to bring back any of those features, I'm curious what about IPS you like better than AMOLED displays? Samsung is the leader on AMOLED display production, so I don't expect them to use anything other than their own displays
    Better color accuracy. I know all phones differ for various reasons, but AMOLED displays are the worst. At best, colors are too warm. At worst, it's an outright yellow or green tinting. And almost always way over saturated. I first noticed this on a Motorola Razr Android phone and thought it was defective. It wasn't until I tried to exchange it that I found out this was "normal" for that screen type. So I ate the restocking fee for a Bionic with an LCD screen instead and couldn't have been happier.

It's not just me either. I'm in a photography group on FB. I see it several times a week where someone posts how their images look good on their computer or printed out, but look horrible on their phones. It's almost laughable because 9/10 times, the phone is a Samsung.

I know in some cases an AMOLED display can save battery power. Exactly how much depends on usage (I.e. A white screen image uses about the same power on either display). For me, that's not even a consideration.
    08-03-2016 01:08 PM
    Yes next year when my contract is up. Now that Blackberry is selling their apps to any andriod with M or newer

I know note 8 will be out but I rather not pay so much for day one devices anymore. Switching to a 1 year old cycle.

Phones are so good now is possible

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-03-2016 01:47 PM
    To each, his own I guess. I find the Samsung displays the best by a large margin.
    rsmin likes this.
    08-03-2016 01:48 PM
    Agree :-)
    08-03-2016 01:55 PM
    I can't even....
    Please don't do it. I'm with you though...lol
    08-03-2016 02:20 PM
    08-03-2016 02:28 PM
    I got all the way to checkout and couldn't hit submit. I might just keep my Note 4 until it dies.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-03-2016 02:32 PM
    I got all the way to checkout and couldn't hit submit. I might just keep my Note 4 until it dies.
    You definitely have more willpower than me lol.
    08-03-2016 02:32 PM
    Yup, they say do it, and they even forgot about a better camera and IP68 improvements as reasons.
    Aquila and skatergirl like this.
    08-03-2016 02:33 PM
    I don't think that I will be buying it. I don't see it as much more than the Galaxy S7E with a S-Pen. I have the GS7E and don't see it as much of an upgrade.
    I would be right there with you if I still had the S7E.... I gave mine to my son when he broke his oneplus one, and have been using *cough* something else in the meantime. Looking forward to moving back to Android!
    08-03-2016 02:34 PM
    I got check out the phone at the Best Buy in midtown Manhattan, NY, and I think I'm going to get it to replace my two-year-old Note Edge. I'm going to wait for the unlocked version, though.
    08-03-2016 02:49 PM
    I know where you're coming from, it's also why I'm holding on to my Note 4. Many here won't get it but there are certain hardware features we older Note users value and expect to see carried over in subsequent Notes. We never expected to be cut off at the knees (by Samsung) and to be told by peers that we should just accept it and move on or that we're looked down upon for staying true to what we value and not being sucked into that new shiny just because it looks SO perty! Samsung has forgotten what truly made us Note aficionados drawn to the series (and who made it so successful!). Instead they've now effectively rolled us under the bus and have turned it into a S series device with a pen.
    I'm trying to understand what "hardware” features you value more than the way better hardware on the Note 7? Removable battery? You guys are just going to have to get over it. It's gone and Samsung will not be bringing it back. I think I can speak for the majority of people that are REAL Note fans and say we are tired of hearing the Note 4 people crying about the removable battery issue. It's gone, if you have nothing positive to say about the Note 7 just stay over in the Note 4 section and praise your obsolete Note 4.
    dsignori, Jagadalic, rsmin and 1 others like this.
    08-03-2016 02:50 PM
    I wonder how much a used Note 5 will get you on Swappa or other sites once they are flooded with them ?People should have sold their 5 last month
    Probably around $250
    08-03-2016 02:52 PM
    I don't think that I will be buying it. I don't see it as much more than the Galaxy S7E with a S-Pen. I have the GS7E and don't see it as much of an upgrade.
    The Note 7 is not an upgrade over the S7 Edge. It's an upgrade over the Note 5, if you are not a Note user than why would you consider the Note 7.
    08-03-2016 02:54 PM
    As an Ambassador I'd expect a better more reasoned response than that! You just basically told me my opinion and values don't matter and to shut up.
    No, didn't say that. You may take it that way but not what I said. Just being honest is all, sometimes people don't know how to take honesty. I'm just saying let's stop beating a dead horse with this removable battery thing. We get it Note 4 users love the removable battery. The fact is, is it's gone and not coming back.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    08-03-2016 02:56 PM
    As an Ambassador I'd expect a better more reasoned response than that! You just basically told me my opinion and values don't matter and to shut up. If that's what you guys really feel may be I need to find another forum.
    It's also an issue of repetitiveness. You want a removable battery, there's a loud small minority who still need that. We get it. Hearing about it over and over in multiple threads from the same few people doesn't help anyone, and it doesn't add anything to the discussion. As itguyjax8430 said, it's not coming back. Complaining about it 20 times won't bring it back or change anything.

It's not about your opinion, it's about the utter repetitiveness of bemoaning over-and-over a feature long gone, and not likely coming back. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion. We should all now try to ADD something new to the discussion, no?
    08-03-2016 03:02 PM
    It's also an issue of repetitiveness. You want a removable battery, there's a loud small minority who still need that. We get it. Hearing about it over and over in multiple threads from the same few people doesn't help anyone, and it doesn't add anything to the discussion. As itguyjax8430 said, it's not coming back. Complaining about it 20 times won't bring it back or change anything.

It's not about your opinion, it's about the utter repetitiveness of bemoaning over-and-over a feature long gone, and not likely coming back. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion. We should all now try to ADD something new to the discussion, no?
    Exactly! Moving on, what color is everyone ordering? I got the all black one.
    08-03-2016 03:05 PM
    I got the black too. I almost got the blue as a change of pace, but that Black looks about the best I have seen form Samsung.
    08-03-2016 03:07 PM
    I like to check out the "Newest Shiny Toy" when it comes on the market and sometimes I even buy it. I am with the GS7E now, but am not married to it, I would swap if I thought that the 7 had features that I desired. I had the 4 and enjoyed it for awhile, just never used the S-Pen enough to justify a purchase
    I gotcha, yeah if you don't use the S Pen then it's not worth the switch.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:10 PM
    Ordered the Black Onyx. Switching from LG V10. Not sure how long the switch will last of the V20 is a beast, so we'll see. Been with LG since the G2 so this is my first Samsung in quite a while and my first Note. Looking forward to the phone.
    08-03-2016 03:14 PM
    My 2 cents

Everyone is welcome to share whatever opinions they want if it is done in a respectful manner and within the guidelines. A few days ago I took this discussion to a thread that was pro-removable batteries and made my case against them and I expect that those who disagree with me could be welcome to state there in a thread that's pro-sealed batteries, or just in favor of a device that has one, or whatever. "Be together, not the same" is an important message; not just a catch phrase.

Do we have the same discussions too many times in too many areas of the forums? Yep, probably. So what? Sometimes that gets old and sometimes it's fun. If you don't want to engage in that, please find something you DO want to talk about and do that. We're all nerds here and some nerds get all nerded out about different nerdy things than others. That's ok. Disagreeing is ok. That's actually how forums work.

I really don't like people telling others what they can and can't post or what they should or shouldn't post. We have one group of people that should be doing that; my team the moderators. And even then, I don't like them doing that unless the topic is prohibited.

Just my 2 cents. Carry on, sorry for the interruption.
    08-03-2016 03:37 PM
    As an Ambassador I'd expect a better more reasoned response than that! You just basically told me my opinion and values don't matter and to shut up. If that's what you guys really feel may be I need to find another forum.
    I totally agree with you. You have every right to express your opinion here regarding your decision NOT to buy the N7. That's what the OP asked for, your opinion.

Although this forum concerns the N7, it isn't just a love-in for the N7, particularly since none of us have one in our hands.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-03-2016 03:45 PM
490 ... 89101112 ...