08-15-2016 10:35 PM
490 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Yes! Of Course
    08-03-2016 12:29 AM
    Nope. The Note7 was nerfed and robbed of the newer CPU and better camera it was entitled to, then there's the battery issue. I could maybe have excused one of these things, but the phone being a victim of all of the above is a clear deal killer for me. Sticking with the Note 3.
    08-03-2016 01:18 AM
    I will, i like that the size did not increase from the note5, which is a good size note in my opinion.

I have really enjoyed my s7 edge, but miss the s pen, and since i am getting all the features of the s7 edge, plus the s pen, i should really love it.

Hopefully battery life is much better than the note5, it shouldnt be much different than the s7 edge and after a 12 hour shift and hours after work i am still putting it on the charger with at least 40 percent battery.

I am ready to have it!!! I love the blue color but i will get back just because im tired of non black phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    TJA3500 and queenren like this.
    08-03-2016 01:18 AM
    So, the Galaxy Note7 is now official, and all details can be found in the Android Central news blog.

After seeing what it officially has to offer, are you thinking of purchasing one?

Yes or no? And why? Eager to hear your thoughts.
    I've been contemplating getting a Note7 or S7 Edge to replace my HTC One M8. It looks like I could get both for the same price as one another in a two year contract. Given that I could get them for the same price, get a free 256gb sd card with the Note, and that the Note shape (better edge curvature, larger screen, and symmetrical back shape), as well as apparently more streamlined/vanilla OS I'm leaning toward the Note. Given the revamped OS might the Note's smaller battery last as long as S7 Edge's larger battery if the Edge's OS isn't as efficient? I'd expect this sub forum to be slightly bias towards the Note over the S7 Edge, but anyone think of any reason I'd want the s7 edge over the note7?
    08-03-2016 01:40 AM
    Pretty disappointed with Note 7 launch and specs. Just adding iris scanner and other software twiks does not male it worth the upgrade. Was expecting snapdragon 821 or 823 and 6 gb of ram. But that Note 7 has nothing. Just software related features like spen functionality improvement and always on. Iris scanner is just a market gimmick and its just cool nor needed. Water resistant is also the same.
    What do u guys say. I am disappointed. One plus is even better than this. What do u say? Is it really worth the upgrading and who is upgrading from note 5 to note 7. Do share your thoughts !
    Cheerio
    Technified and Gearu like this.
    08-03-2016 03:01 AM
    Agreed. Moto Z force for me it is.

The note 5 was the first note I skipped and sadly it seems it'll remain that way...
    Technified and Gearu like this.
    08-03-2016 03:08 AM
    Nope, Moto Z force is where it's at for me. Sad really after being such a faithful note user over the years they already lost me with the last iteration.

My line up was:
    Note 1
    Note 2
    Note 2 4g
    Note 3
    Note 4 (stolen)
    Note 4 again (great phone)

... Oh well.
    Gearu likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:13 AM
    Don't see how water resistant is a gimmick. Most find it very useful. I fail to see why you are dissapointed with this yet one plus 3 is more impressive? How exactly?

If you are happy with your note 5 that's good but it is a good upgrade over the 4 and 5 more so when it comes with double the standard storage right off the bat and for me the edge features are very useful for me.
    skatergirl and MRS DIVA like this.
    08-03-2016 03:24 AM
    Probably the most underwhelming note release ever. Even the articles seem to be quite uninteresting as there's hardly any new topic on offer.
    Anyway, the N7 is a beautiful phone though, albeit too uninteresting for an almost $900 phone. If you're going to make a phone that expensive, the least you can do is make it exciting and interesting imo.
    Enjoying my crazy Moto Z anyway, and I hope that those that gets the note7 enjoy theirs too.
    Technified likes this.
    08-03-2016 03:32 AM
    I'm in.....
    08-03-2016 03:51 AM
    And... here we go!
    08-03-2016 04:34 AM
    Personally I feel it's never worth upgrading to a new generation when you have the previous one...it's always better when you skip a generation.
    08-03-2016 04:56 AM
    I'm not a fan of Samsung phones for a Number of reasons, so I'm out. I have been following this because my wife is looking to upgrade her Note 3, and I'm actually surprised to see the Note 7 being rejected by so many on here.

If they added a removable battery, IPS display, and IR blaster, I may be interested, but not holding my breath that Samsung will go that route on any phone.
    Gearu likes this.
    08-03-2016 04:56 AM
    Personally I feel it's never worth upgrading to a new generation when you have the previous one...it's always better when you skip a generation.
    ^this
    08-03-2016 05:01 AM
    Don't see how water resistant is a gimmick. Most find it very useful. I fail to see why you are dissapointed with this yet one plus 3 is more impressive? How exactly?

If you are happy with your note 5 that's good but it is a good upgrade over the 4 and 5 more so when it comes with double the standard storage right off the bat and for me the edge features are very useful for me.
    Water resistant is a gimmick as it won't protect the phone from every day water. People are more likely to drop their phone in a river or a lake than they are in 5 feet of tap/toilet water. So it would be nice to see Samsung make their phone resistant to every day life when it comes to water resistant.
    08-03-2016 05:21 AM
    $880-$850 is alot since this thing is just a bigger S7e with a smaller battery. Just going to wait for those winter price drop, Or wait for that new nexus.

LG G5, but ouch I'm regretting it
    08-03-2016 05:27 AM
    1. better battery
    2. better camera
    3. better shape and glass
    4. better S-Pen
    5. more stock memory (64GB only device)
    6. comes with MicroSD
    7. water resistant
    8. records at 4K video

You say no reason to buy?, I see 8 reasons to buy and there might be more.
    carbonyl and dsignori like this.
    08-03-2016 05:27 AM
    Yes. My WIND Tab is almost done. I have $60 left on it, so I will be getting the Note 7 for sure. I previously had the Note 4 until I dropped it in a river a month ago.
    08-03-2016 05:31 AM
    Agreed. Moto Z force for me it is.

The note 5 was the first note I skipped and sadly it seems it'll remain that way...
    I'm getting the moto z force as well!

08-03-2016 05:32 AM
    People are more likely to drop their phone in a river or a lake than they are in 5 feet of tap/toilet water.
    I think it's opposite.
    speedlever and queenren like this.
    08-03-2016 05:33 AM
    That's my feeling as well. I never get the next phone of the one that I already have. That's why I'm getting the moto z force.

08-03-2016 05:35 AM
    Opinions vary, and that is ok.

I find the waterproofing to be a peace of mind.

A 3500mah battery is not as big as we wanted but i good jump from my note5.

The sdcard is a plus, and if you're not into that the standard 64g base is a plus also.

Besides the fact that the note7 will have the same sd820 and same camera, the redone touchwiz looks good, seems to be getting better every year.

It is all personal choice, for me i like it. The camera on my s7edge is just awesome, so I'm ok with it being on the note7.

As far as the droids go, I've had every big battery droid and while i love the droids i have got spoiled to Samsung's camera, touchwiz, calander and s pen.

This will be the first year i don't also buy the droid. Bought the turbo2 last year and just missed my note5 so i got rid of the turbo2.

No it isn't a huge step up, but it does fix some big issues from the note5 and for me, that is enough.

08-03-2016 05:41 AM
    First of all let me just own up. The Note7 is an ultimate looker. It even makes the GS7E look somehwat outdated imho. Especially the subtle curves and the small refinements to the entire phone like the black accents to the metal parts of the black onyx, giving it the effect of a phone with a seemless sheet of glass.
    Samsung has nailed the design here. I even imagine how these will look on a 5.2" screen (oh boy). When the phone (black onyx one) is off, the Note7 just looks downright futuristic. In my eyes, the Note7 and the standard Moto Z are the most eye catching phones on planet, and by some distance even. They must always attract attention, no matter how you spin it.

Now, I still can't believe that samsung decided to release this as a supposed upgrade to a note 5 and s6e+? What's worse is that the Note series is hardly better than the S series now and even being similar to a last generation note/edge sibling.. Smh..

Samsung thinks an average user even remotely cares about the S-pen after the first week? Lol.. that thing can't even right properly to save its life ffs.. At least not Without making your handwriting look like a nursery pupil's

*yeah, I'm expecting somebody will now claim he uses the S-pen every minute of everyday and even uses the pen to sign his contracts and do fine art exhibitons*

You know you had a fail when samsung starts giving odd/extreme examples on where you'd be able to use the Iris scanner.

In their words, *just when u come out of the pool/bathroom because FPS aren't compatible with water*
    lol, as if a passcode wouldn't have done the job. And even if you say my fingers will be wet to apply a passcode/pattern, than how would you have operated the entire phone after unlocking it with "iris" in the first place? With your eyes then? Lol. If you're gonna bring out/create new tech then the least you can do is make it practical/faster/convenient/seemless, not some half arsed feature just because you can.

Even their ads are basically lying to people to think you don't need to first put the phone on and swipe up first before you use the iris. WTF?? Meaning its actually a lot slower than any other implementation. But even so, no problem but why do you have to lie? So, they're not proud/confident of their implementation? And expect us to think its useful? Totally embarrassing tbh.
    Reminds me of how LG advertises its "friends", trying to lie to customers that the phone doesn't need to go off when you add a "friend". These are the height of poor implementations!!!

Now even the S series are even having bigger batteries and thesame CPU and GPU's as the Note too? Yet they where quick to remove the useful IR blaster and FM radio last year, all for a Rehatched S7E? And here I was thinking common sense would have made them bring it back.

What the hell happened to the Dual cameras, SD 821, 6gig of ram, 4,000mah battery, continuum mode?? Things that would have made this phone worth the almost $900 they're asking?
    08-03-2016 05:48 AM
    I'll likely skip it. I've only just started using my Note 5 on a daily basis over the last two months and yesterday, I used it as my only phone. I also have two S7 Edge phones so really, it would just be overkill if I bought a new Note. My T-Mobile 5 lines are being used on the two S7 Edge, Note 5, Note 4 and Note Edge and I love using all of those still.

I'll wait to see what happens with the next Nexus and even if I like it, my next phone purchase probably won't be until January or February when I usually upgrade.
    08-03-2016 06:24 AM
    Having looked at it in detail; I won't be buying the Note 7

The Edge design to it has ruined it for me; I only had the S7 Edge in my hands for a day and hated it; useless screen protectors (which are an essential for me) and I fear it'll be the same with the Note 7!

The Note 5 I had was a superb phone and regretted selling it TBH. Still have my Nexus 6 which for me, is a superb phone and running Android N Beta faultlessly...

Plus, the Note 7 prices here in the UK are stupid, £750 sim free (c$1000 dollars); bloody daft!!!

I think I'll either treat myself to another Note 5 920C or see what the next Nexus brings...
    08-03-2016 06:38 AM
490 ... 56789 ...