Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
So, the Galaxy Note7 is now official, and all details can be found in the Android Central news blog.

After seeing what it officially has to offer, are you thinking of purchasing one?

Yes or no? And why? Eager to hear your thoughts.

Yup. Why? Because my phone battery sucks, and this will be an epic upgrade. They decided to correct some major wrongs, and I'm here for Samsung's apology letter.

That, and while everyone is moaning, this phone is better than the Note 5 in every respect. If you don't like it, get another phone, but I'm pretty sure you;ll be missing out.

The new S-Pen alone has me hooked. I'm going to start drawing on it. That canvass mode was something sickening.

That........and to make a gif from any type of video is going to be the end of me! LOL

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the S6 Edge Plus, that is basically a Note 7 minus the S-pen and SD Card option....Same size screen and more expensive is why I can't see myself leaving to upgrade to the Note 7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I may have confused you with dpham00 who seemed angry I was disappointed (I'm probably too sensitive) . I'm not angry at anybody and love discussion. I read too many unreliable leaks.

I agree 100% there is nothing wrong with asking a question.

Oh I am not angry at all... Everyone has a right to be disappointed, no matter how unrealistic the expectations. All the reliable leak sources from the last few days were spot on with regards to the specs.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't do the pre-order thing (unless vzw includes 256 gb sd card as some have suggested) but I am leaning toward grabbing one when they arrive at vzw stores. I still don't know price and haven't been able to confirm vzw on board memory.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering it. Not because of any issue with perception on how it should or should not perform, but mostly because of price and what may be coming with the next Nexii devices. I'm not sure I'm willing to spend what it will take to get one - not to mention the fact that it looks like my only option will be a carrier variant right now, and I loathe dealing with carriers. But overall, I really think this looks like a fantastic device.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably not, unless the display and heat management improves over the Note 4 (the other newer S and Note models did not- same pentile screen door issues) and still heat problems. I guess will stay with Note 4 for VR and my MXPE 64GB as main device.

The V20 apparently has 4000 mah, but my guess is if an LCD display, that will equal the 3500 of the Note 7.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Don't know. Mobilesyrup is saying that it will be $550cdn on a 2 year contract. This is a big thing to consider. Other than that, I wonder about two things: the curved screen and battery life.

I don't like the curved screen at all on the S7 Edge. Tried using one and it was awkward for me personally. I grabbed the S7 flat, and my wife is eligible for an upgrade that I can use to get another phone.

The curves on the Note 7 are different, so I'll have to use one first and see if the change in the curve makes the phone usable for me.

Also want to see how the battery life is with the 3500mah battery and large screen, and see how the resolution options help with battery life. Also liking the new power saving options in the software (which hopefully will come down to the S7 line). Maybe the disappointing battery size will be offset by a more elegant software experience. The battery life reviews and any possible comparisons to the S7 Edge (on Exynos for me) will be huge.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I already have the screen protector and spigen case at home. Coming from the Note 4 its a step up. Now contemplating what AT&T deal I will be taking.

Vandito

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes preordering in titanium silver from verizon. Coming from a note 3. I also already have a spigen neo hybrid case, screen protector and several usb-c cables.=D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad