Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm out. I guess I should never watch launch events, though. I was giving serious thought to JUMPing to a Note 7 since it's one of the veeeery few phones launching this year with a nice big better than 5.5" display. But the hyperbole and the hammy delivery from the two hip/happnin' "suits" at the NY event was enough to make me feel dirty for owning a Samsung Blu-Ray player. "Ri-donc-ulous"? You betcha!

Seriously, though, not one concession to the quality of the audio we'd like to have accompanying our alternate world visual orgasms and our life-changing S-Pen maneuvers? Jeez.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Glad they brought back the micro sd storage and made it water resistant. The iris scanning will be interesting to check out, I like the idea of the secured folder and hoping the larger battery adds a few more hours of juice. Not trilled about the curved edges but with a case it should be less noticeable, will probably go to T-Mobile tomorrow to place my pre-order (I'm on Jump On Demand plan and was recommended to best go in person).

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I am beyond pissed lol. I so badly need to replace my Note Edge. But I never knew that these jokers would basically turn the Note 7 into an S7 with an Spen. I might just see if I can get a refurbished Note Edge.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am beyond pissed lol. I so badly need to replace my Note Edge. But I never knew that these jokers would basically turn the Note 7 into an S7 with an Spen. I might just see if I can get a refurbished Note Edge.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

That is basically .. what the Note line has been? The Galaxy equivalent with an S-Pen and S-Pen features.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Only when and if my Note 5 takes a crap and I go through insurance, not an upgrade for me. The specs are underwhelming, just a bigger S7 with a slightly better battery and meh camera.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup, been rocking Notes since Note 2, 3, 4, and now 5. Getting 7 simply because I want it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wrong

Note line used to be the latest technology and best Samsung had to offer. I.e. function over form.

And usually that is being the same as the Galaxy except with the S-Pen. Maybe an upgraded processor if one was out but that is about it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Every person has his or her own personal tastes, but I think this phone is bad ***. I cannot wait to have 64 gb internal storage. I cannot wait to throw in my 128 gb SD card. Yes, I do worry about a degrading battery that gets swapped out through a warranty phone that was not fully refurbished but this seems to be the trend in phones ... non removable batteries.

I had a non removable battery in a Droid Maxx and it was great. I will take the leap for these newer upgrades to the Note line.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
And usually that is being the same as the Galaxy except with the S-Pen. Maybe an upgraded processor if one was out but that is about it.
Wrong again:

Higher resolution, more Ram, bigger Battery best available CPU has always been the case. Even last year's model was better than the S line

I mean again a non removable battery in a phablet used for productivity that just feels wrong.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wrong again:

Higher resolution, more Ram, bigger Battery best available CPU has always been the case. Even last year's model was better than the S line

I mean again a non removable battery in a phablet used for productivity that just feels wrong.

We can agree to disagree :).

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
What I have not seen is any reviewer Trying to type using the on screen keyboard. I want to see if the edge screen has been refined for this use. Otherwise, the specs are a big advantage over Note 5 and I'd love to get the Note 7.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the infrared sensors for the iris scanner can double as an IR blaster for the TV.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463