Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Screen on the Note 7 is bigger already. What is Samsung to do? Make it a 6.7? The only reason it was different back then is because most of the market rejected such a big phone.. Now it's the norm.

I don't understand why some people don't get that the market and phones evolve. Samsung had to differentiate it then. Or it wouldn't sell. For Pete's sake the first Note was 5.3" and they acted like it was GINORMOUS!! Last year the only difference was 4gb RAM vs 3gb RAM. Everything else was the same. I'm not at all surprised that it is becoming more like the S series. It makes sense for them to minimize the portfolio. And have very similar premium phones in three different sizes. This thing is also supposed to replace the Note 5, not the S7 edge. It's a pretty marked upgrade from the Note 5.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why some people don't get that the market and phones evolve. Samsung had to differentiate it then. Or it wouldn't sell. For Pete's sake the first Note was 5.3" and they acted like it was GINORMOUS!! Last year the only difference was 4gb RAM vs 3gb RAM. Everything else was the same. I'm not at all surprised that it is becoming more like the S series. It makes sense for them to minimize the portfolio. And have very similar premium phones in three different sizes. This thing is also supposed to replace the Note 5, not the S7 edge. It's a pretty marked upgrade from the Note 5.

Agree with you 100%. The market is just different now so the Note won't seem like this massive phone. If you go back to the Note 3 days and such you didn't see iPhones and stuff near the 5.5 screen size or other phones. They peaked usually near 5 or less. I mean now even iPhone has joined the "bigger" crowd. That should show the market has definitely changed if Apple is making a move to keep customers happy haha :).

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My s7 and Note 5 will have to be enough for me for now. Perhaps that will be my Christmas present to myself!!! 😊

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why some people don't get that the market and phones evolve

Because people like to complain, that is the fact. The Note 7 could have come with a 4000mah battery and people would have complained it didn't come with a 4500mah battery. It could have come with 6GB of RAM and people would be on here complaining about why it didn't come with 8GB of RAM. There is no way to make everyone happy with any phone that comes out now. I for one have pre ordered the Note 7 and look forward to using it. For those who are not going to buy the phone I say move on and find a phone you like. Just please spare us your constant complaining about being disappointed and trolling for LOL's.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointed, does not seem like much of an upgrade, and the Note used to be the leader now it seems it is a follower of the S7 instead! It seems like they are borrowing a page from I phone now with updates.. It should have had Nougat and 6GB of ram.. and pushed the screensize to 6 at least. It just seems disappointing that the Note has become a follower and not a leader anymore! So I am reserved about buying at the moment I am waiting until September to see what the Lenovo Phab Plus with Tango will be like in person, or even the New Lg V20, I liked the V10 but wanted to wait until I heard more on the Note 7.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
This phone is an upgrade from my Note 4. This is no other phone out that is better right now.

I think you summed it up PERFECTLY.

I do agree with others stating that it could have came with 4000 battery, 821 or higher processor and a couple other things. Most likely we will see that in the Note 8. However, right now, I am pushing my trusty Note 4..I stood steadfast, and would not budge for a Note 5, but my Note 4 is 2 years old next month, time to go.. Yeah, the Note 7 is not all what I want it to be, but it is good.
Plus, I am too old to play the waiting game. I played it last year, but not this year..Going for the Note 7 big time, will get that accessory back thing that increases or charges the battery, plus the 256 card..My Note 4 is sporting a 200 gb, with 150 gbs of movies, music, pictures, and documents. I was thinking about the LG V20, but it isn't out yet, and my trusty Gear S likes be mated to a Samsung phone. So, today, I pre order.. I have already ordered my cases, the same as I have on my Note 4, Spigen Tough Armour, plus a pouch case. I don't think I am going to need a tempered glass, as this baby has gorilla 5 from what I hear..

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
100% yes I am getting it. I am breaking a contract up here in Canada to retire my recently fixed LG G4 (bootloop). This will be my first Samsung and I'm excited.

The real world things that caught my eye: symmetry (yes looks matter and the phone is gorgeous), gorilla glass 5 on front and back (what a bonus!), high 64 GB internal memory (for me who relies a lot on the Google ecosystem to store all my files and music and photo backups I likely won't even need the expandable memory), but hey the slot is there so I can pop in my convertible card from my older dslr now and share pics on the go, IP68 water resistance, quad HD AMOLED with HDR playback, improved sPen precision and functionality to other notes.

Then there are some things that maybe cool but not sure I will use e.g. iris scan. I may use this as a party trick to secure that private folder they were talking about. But hey its there and it's a bonus.

I also think they showed some humility to just simply provide the adapter to usb c to cushion the change. That was well played!

Definetely an upgrade to anything I've ever had. I am in Canada so my chip will be the exynos. (I've been researching this to figure out what that means in real life usage).

My biggest decision is colour and case at this point!

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of people out here excited about the new Note. Everyone has his or her own personal taste. For me, I cannot even imagine sticking with the Note 3 when you can have the Note 7. My Note 4 is going to be a great backup phone but I for one am very excited with the Note 7 specs. Ordered mine last night and cannot wait to get my hands on it. Go BLUE!!

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Because people like to complain, that is the fact. The Note 7 could have come with a 4000mah battery and people would have complained it didn't come with a 4500mah battery. It could have come with 6GB of RAM and people would be on here complaining about why it didn't come with 8GB of RAM. There is no way to make everyone happy with any phone that comes out now. I for one have pre ordered the Note 7 and look forward to using it. For those who are not going to buy the phone I say move on and find a phone you like. Just please spare us your constant complaining about being disappointed and trolling for LOL's.

People are GROSSLY over exaggerating the difference between 3600 and 3500 mAh. For one, no one in here has used it. So no one can comment on actual battery life. That difference may not matter at all. Two, does anyone understand what it takes to make a phone of this quality IP68? Doubtful. Especially when you have open ports galore - and a huge gaping hole when you have the S-Pen out. Speaking of which, it's highly likely that due to that, along with the symmetry of the phone, that it actually had LESS usable internal space compared to the S7 edge, therefore making 3500 mAh the best they could do with what they were trying to achieve.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: I have Note 5 and i found not a single reason to buy Note 7.

Water resistant is a gimmick as it won't protect the phone from every day water. People are more likely to drop their phone in a river or a lake than they are in 5 feet of tap/toilet water. So it would be nice to see Samsung make their phone resistant to every day life when it comes to water resistant.

What are you talking about? This seems silly. You think "most" people go by rivers or lakes? No one spills drinks, or has a pool, etc, etc? I do have a pool and I think it is great that they added water resistance. Maybe you don't. If you don't care, then that is fine and you don't care, but water resistance is important to many, many folks.

You know, it's like Ground Hog's Day around these forums every time a new phone comes out :).

1. Rumored specs of <insert new phone here> surface of all variations.
2. Phone is announced
3. Forums cling to the highest specs rumored and complain what a disappointment <insert new phone here> is because it didn't have the 10,000 MAH battery 24 gb of RAM and the 8K display :)

It happens every time, and it's actually pretty funny to watch lately I must admit. I don't want to make fun of people's expectations or their opinions, but there does seem to be quite the LACK of measuring expectations here. If anyone was paying attention the last week or 2, it was clear what was gonna be announced.

Most smart phones are pretty great nowadays. Having he highest specs is totally unimportant to me at this point (perhaps with the battery capacity being the 1 exception.) For example, no benefit would be achieved in everyday use if the Note 7 had a 821 instead of a 820 processor. It would not affect most folks day-to-day use one bit IMO. Same thing for including 6gb or RAM. Why? For what practical use? It just isn't needed for anything for the most part.

Whether folks choose to believe it or not, gone are the times where you would get a flagship and it was sloooow or has some awful camera (for the most part). Just about all new flagship upgrades are refinements and evolution of past models. The Note 7 has many many improvements over the Note 5. I am quite happy with the announcement,:)

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have Note 5 and i found not a single reason to buy Note 7.

You know, it's like Ground Hog's Day around these forums every time a new phone comes out :).

1. Rumored specs of <insert new phone here> surface of all variations.
2. Phone is announced
3. Forums cling to the highest specs rumored and complain what a disappointment <insert new phone here> is because it didn't have the 10,000 MAH battery 24 gb of RAM and the 8K display :)

It happens every time, and it's actually pretty funny to watch lately I must admit. I don't want to make fun of people's expectations or their opinions, but there does seem to be quite the LACK of measuring expectations here. If anyone was paying attention the last week or 2, it was clear what was gonna be announced.

This made me chuckle, thanks for saying what everyone of us is thinking.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So, the Galaxy Note7 is now official, and all details can be found in the Android Central news blog.

After seeing what it officially has to offer, are you thinking of purchasing one?

Yes or no? And why? Eager to hear your thoughts.

I thought about it. Then, I thought (a) my Note 4 is still working great and umpteen tweaks I've made are in place. It is exactly how I want it with all the accessories I want with it. (b) I haven't heard of a N7 feature I just "gotta have." (c) Now, add losing removable batteries (it's important to me); not so thrilled with completely arranging my mobile life around USB-C, either, which seems to raise compatibility issues with other devices, cables, etc, one more adapter to lose when I'm traveling.... Stay put. Simpler, cheaper, leaves me with stuff that does what I want, time-saving and more convenient.

I think this time next year, though, I have to be more serious about upgrading. Then, the first big question will be staying with Samsung at all if all current policies remain status quo. I guess the only answer to that is to see what's on the market. Who knows, inertia may take me over again. Then again, a pretty toy may take me over, too. Happened before!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you compare it to. Bigger than S7, yep, although same resolution. But bigger or higher res than a 2 year old Note_4, which had an only marginally smaller BUT REMOVABLE battery (3220mAh), 16MP!!-camera and also SD-card-support? Nope!

For those shirt-pocket carriers the S7 is already perfect. So, in contrast, and for the heavy-duty-phablet-production-users 5,9" would have made much more sense.

It could be okay but some may not want 5.9. Depends what Samsung decides. It seems you're saying they just have to make it more massive than other phones to be different which I totally disagree on.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like it, don't get it. Simple as that. It may not be a phone for everyone.

I for one think it looks like a great device.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Here's an interesting perspective on the Note7:

Forbes Welcome
I think Samsung's strategy with the 2016 flagship "7" line is pretty interesting.

There's no hardline between the Galaxy S and the Galaxy Note anymore. Instead, all 3 are based on the same general platform, though aimed at different market segments.

Personally, I don't find that a bad thing, though some may feel differently.

SZQnl

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Sim free at a reasonalble price is months away not weeks, on average the notes will be 900 dollars US sim free this one with 64gb starting will be way more most likely. It usually comes down after about 6 months. I have bought every note since the 3 sim free international version since here in the US they never sell them sim free and unlocked. I currently have the note 5 and brand new you still pay 579-649 and that is just for the 32gb version sim unlocked. I like you will also get the new one sim and unlocked but I know I will be paying at least 900 plus.

Yeah, understood. When I said "reasonable" I meant not RRP from the telcos or Samsung directly.

I live in Singapore :) Here, most electronics from the big guys (Samsung, Microsoft, Apple etc.) are price controlled so no competition whatsoever from the mainstream retailers and telcos. On the other hand it's illegal to lock mobile phones here so pros and cons!

However, after a week or two from inital launch and after the telcos get their fill with pre-orders done, the smaller independant street stores start selling the phones sim free usually 10-20% cheaper than RRP with full local warranty. That's what I'm waiting for! I don't mind paying high price for this as I keep my phones for at least 2 years and the Note series is unique in the market offering functionality that no other phone does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781