Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody start a thread for deals on Note 7? Nobody alone can be aware of and cover as many appearing and disappearing deals as all of us together.

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Not buying the note 7, my Oneplus 3 is as close to my perfect device as it gets and it's less than half the price! If I did want to go the Samsung route the S7 or S7 edge seems like a better buy. I think Samsung dropped the ball on the note 7, most note users are used to bigger devices so implementing the edge screens to fit a larger screen in the same body size of a note 5 would have been pretty remarkable. A 5.9 inch dual edged screen with a bigger battery in the same dimensions as the note 5 would've been an instant buy.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Already ordered the silver! I have been a good girl for two years (give or take), and in truth, with Marshmellow, I could go at LEAST another year with my 4.
But not gonna do it! I am going to yoke myself to Verizon for another two years, and get my new baby!

Posted via the Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am on the Note 4, and my phone has been a little wonky recently. I stopped by and looked at the N7 and the black is beautiful. I wish they had the blue on display, hoping to see it tonight. After that I will pre-order. I don't see how folks don't see the N7 as an upgrade, other than the battery. I will miss that, but I hot swap infrequently, and the battery back pack will suit my needs.

Also, I will say the edges on the N7 are very different from those on the S7e. If you are basing your opinion on the S7e, you should look at the N7. I like both, but the N7 is a significantly better looking phone, and the edge is more understated and better looking.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Today I ordered the Black Version and cannot wait. I currently have the Note 5 and really enjoy that phone as well very interested in seeing how the note7 goes

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I officially ORDERED mine!
I switched from att to TMObile saving $$ and got a silver white note 7- almost got the edge s7 but the silver is darker silly me but lol and I want the larger screen!
They are sending me a trial phone (Samsung somrthing) till my note arrives no later than the 18th- she said it likely will come much sooner

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting it.... Not sure yet... If the curve were not there, it would be yes. Comparing to the Note 5, the Note 7 display seems constrained and can't shake my perception of that.

Joshua Sidell

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Handled one for two hours at best buy today and from what I can tell it's a step above the S7 edge in both design and function. There are a lot of features I liked compared to the S7 edge and my own note 3. Personally I want to get the phone, but will be waiting until Flossy Carter does his long winded but informative Real Review later down the road.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: I have Note 5 and i found not a single reason to buy Note 7.

The best part is this: "Most smart phones are pretty great nowadays. Needing SPEC upgrades is totally unimportant to me at this point (perhaps with the battery capacity being the 1 exception.) For example, no benefit would be achieved in everyday use if the Note 7 had a 821 instead of a 820 processor. It would not affect most folks day-to-day use one bit IMO...."

While I AM part of the "I'd really like a removable battery crowd," I can see ways around this battery issue if I absolutely wanted this new device and had a compelling reason to get it over competitors' devices or what I have now. So, I actually HAVE gone to Step 2 and thought about the rest, because this is just about when I get the itch and want something new just because...I want something new. (What can I say.....I have a disease of upgrade-itis.)

The real question is...why? I'm not sure I can find an answer there. Perhaps I'm recovering from upgrade-itis. It's very, very expensive. My Note 4 is still a great device, working perfectly. It does everything I want. It is perfectly configured (and with all the tweaks I have, that is no easy task). So, I get some incremental upgrades in speed like the poster was talking about. Most of them I won't even notice on a daily basis. I do see a couple of N7 features I would like (waterproofing.....!), but nothing that makes me feel that what I am using has become obsolete and in need of a "gotta have it right now" upgrade (I joined this forum in 1999 with VisorCentral; here is how many I have dropped in the water: zero).

I just don't see a compelling reason to upgrade. We have reached an era of "good enough," just like laptops and desktops. Everything does the job. Incremental advances just aren't that compelling. When (a) my current phone starts to show problems; or (b) the collective buildup of new features makes it feel obsolete to me and I'm looking wistfully at my seat companion on a train; or (c) there is finally a feature so great that it makes me say "Yeah! Gotta have it," like in the old days, then it's time to upgrade again. I'm just not feeling it. It looks like a great phone. If I needed it, I might buy it. But I don't see why I should run out and buy it.

I think others have noted this--I certainly didn't invent it--but the manufacturers are acknowledging it, too. We have moved into a different era. Things are changing with respect to upgrade cycles. I just don't see that the impulse to keep upgrading regularly will ever be as strong as it was a few years ago.
I very much agree with this.

Phones have gotten really good, to the point where even a bi-yearly upgrade is tough to recommend.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
After the second time messing around with this phone....yeah. This phone is definitely "tighter" than the S7 Edge.
But man, that Verizon bloatware. I'm going to hop on that "Package Disabler Pro" bandwagon early.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So to get around all the carrier bloat by getting an unlocked phone, how long will it typically be before BestBuy, etc. begin selling unlocked versions? Or is that still too new a concept for there to be a history?

Speaking of bloat, I really like the Samsung calendar. I've tried a bunch and paid for a lot of pro versions, but keep coming back to the S-Cal. Is the Sammy calendar available in the Sammy store for unlocked phones?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So to get around all the carrier bloat by getting an unlocked phone, how long will it typically be before BestBuy, etc. begin selling unlocked versions? Or is that still too new a concept for there to be a history?

Speaking of bloat, I really like the Samsung calendar. I've tried a bunch and paid for a lot of pro versions, but keep coming back to the S-Cal. Is the Sammy calendar available in the Sammy store for unlocked phones?

All of Touchwiz (including the Samsung Calendar) will be present on unlocked phones. It will just be free of carrier apps..

The Misfit is Here

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered a black onyx today at the T-Mobile store. The guy had a Coral Blue one in the drawer that he let me play with for a bit. It is going to be their display unit but they haven't gotten word yet to put them out. The Coral Blue is very nice! The metal trim looked almost a bit more copper to me than gold. I was tempted, but that stealth black really won me over this year. It also felt amazing in the hand. It actually felt thinner than the Note 5,though I don't think it is.

On a side note, the guy told me that he already dropped the phone on the floor. He showed me some scuffs on the back glass and on the metal trim where he dropped it. Surprisingly the front and back glass looked completely intact. I was pleasantly surprised. Of course it's all a matter of the angle you drop it at, but it was at least encouraging that this phone isn't a dainty flower.

TresRamirez

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Are you referring to the reply below? Yes I agree with you. The response is rude and inappropriate.
"Then go buy a phone with more than 4gb ram, larger than 3500mah,and faster than s820."

Same with the comment below but not that obvious. But for me it sounded like "If you don't like my phone then go get a another phone".
"Well the latest leaks from reliable sources all pointed to 3500...if you need another 100mah...there are phones that provide larger battery."

I went here in this forum specifically on this topic because I am interested to buy the note 7 and would like to see the opinion of others. But I am also one of those people who were disappointed. But it does not mean I would be looking for another phone already. I love the samsung note series and have all of them from the first Note to Note 5. I think the best thing to say is something like "Even though it's only 4GB RAM, 3500maH and S820 processor, there shouldn't be any noticeable differences when in use with real world applications". If there is nothing good to say then just don't reply :)

Well that is just my opinion hope I did not offend anyone. Now I will continue reading until the end of this thread and will decide later if I should get the note 7 or not :)

TresRamirez

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
No, I will not be buying this phone at the moment.

If you buy the Galaxy S phone, you know you will own the latest and most powerful phone for a year.
But if you buy the Galaxy Note phone, you know you will own the lastest and most powerful phone only for a few months before the next Galaxy S phone is released in the market.
For me if they are making the Galaxy S and Galaxy Note similar in specs, then they might just release them at the same time. Just my opinion.
So for now I will just wait for the Galaxy S8 and see what it has to offer. Can always buy the Note 7 after few years just for collection purposes :)

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Many people in this thread are missing the point of the Note. The point of the Galaxy Note line is the note taking ability with the S Pen. That's it. It is for people who will use it for productivity. It doesn't need to be faster. It doesn't need more RAM. It doesn't need a better camera. The focus of the device always has been and always will be the S Pen. I went on a class trip to a retirement home where we were given a short tour of the facility and I took notes entirely on my phone. That's the type of thing the phone is meant for.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Many people in this thread are missing the point of the Note. The point of the Galaxy Note line is the note taking ability with the S Pen. That's it. It is for people who will use it for productivity. It doesn't need to be faster. It doesn't need more RAM. It doesn't need a better camera. The focus of the device always has been and always will be the S Pen. I went on a class trip to a retirement home where we were given a short tour of the facility and I took notes entirely on my phone. That's the type of thing the phone is meant for.
False, the point of the Note has always been releasing the best possible phone with the latest technology. If a phone with a 400 dollar price can have better or equal specs there is no reason why a 800 dollar phone can't. The note till the Note 4 was known as a no compromise productivity beast thanks to top specs and the S Pen features.

This is a pure cost cutting move for Samsung they get to move more old inventory stuff add a gimmick like the curved screen and increase the mark up by 100 dollars.

it's sad really because the phone has a lot going for it but for 800 bucks top of the line specs are expected and so is a removable battery for a productivity device. The problem with this strategy is simple basically the release of the S8, S8Edge line will already show us what to expect from the Note 8 which is sad, because the Note line up used to the one pushing limits not the fashion flagship (s lineup)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34