Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
False, the point of the Note has always been releasing the best possible phone with the latest technology. If a phone with a 400 dollar price can have better or equal specs there is no reason why a 800 dollar phone can't. The note till the Note 4 was known as a no compromise productivity beast thanks to top specs and the S Pen features.

This is a pure cost cutting move for Samsung they get to move more old inventory stuff add a gimmick like the curved screen and increase the mark up by 100 dollars.

it's sad really because the phone has a lot going for it but for 800 bucks top of the line specs are expected and so is a removable battery for a productivity device. The problem with this strategy is simple basically the release of the S8, S8Edge line will already show us what to expect from the Note 8 which is sad, because the Note line up used to the one pushing limits not the fashion flagship (s lineup)

Ore just maybe the note line is now going to be seen in Samsung eyes as having the same quality of specs at the same time. The days of the note getting the latest might be gone and maybe they should bring them out at the same time. Note 7 like the other S phones this year is fantastic with still very good specs. Those who want an even bigger screen/S pen features will get the note and those who need a smaller and no S pen gets the S7/edge.

All 3 devices are on the same tier and are arguably the best phones around now.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Handled one for two hours at best buy today and from what I can tell it's a step above the S7 edge in both design and function. There are a lot of features I liked compared to the S7 edge and my own note 3. Personally I want to get the phone, but will be waiting until Flossy Carter does his long winded but informative Real Review later down the road.

Love flossy! He is so awesome lol love how he rips case boxes up lmao!
A favorite of mine

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I love the iPhone don't get me wrong I just had 5S-6 than a week later 6PLUS than 6s plus almost a year it's almost 3.5-4 years I want a change.
I MIGHT or might not go back to Apple. It's nice it's big it does everything I need it to except make phone calls which I can't handle anymore.
Volume is too soft - nothing I do brings it up!
I'm hearing impaired and my husbands lgg3 LOUD volume!
I'm repeatedly using my headphones for phone calls-
I'll miss FaceTime for sure- my moms in Europe but I have an iPad we can use

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm jumping from an iPhone 6s Plus to the note 7. It may be a bit difficult at first cause I've never had an android phone. Does anyone have any pointers on switching?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm jumping from an iPhone 6s Plus to the note 7. It may be a bit difficult at first cause I've never had an android phone. Does anyone have any pointers on switching?

My brother went from Android to Apple back to Android. I'd say just Google your questions or come out here. You will get answers.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Many people in this thread are missing the point of the Note. The point of the Galaxy Note line is the note taking ability with the S Pen. That's it. It is for people who will use it for productivity. It doesn't need to be faster. It doesn't need more RAM. It doesn't need a better camera. The focus of the device always has been and always will be the S Pen. I went on a class trip to a retirement home where we were given a short tour of the facility and I took notes entirely on my phone. That's the type of thing the phone is meant for.
That's what I find really useful with the Note.

You're probably gonna see me wield the S Pen quite frequently.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Many people in this thread are missing the point of the Note. The point of the Galaxy Note line is the note taking ability with the S Pen. That's it. It is for people who will use it for productivity. It doesn't need to be faster. It doesn't need more RAM. It doesn't need a better camera. The focus of the device always has been and always will be the S Pen. I went on a class trip to a retirement home where we were given a short tour of the facility and I took notes entirely on my phone. That's the type of thing the phone is meant for.
I always liked the Note but I never use it for note taking. I use the S Pen to do screen captures to either post on Facebook, Twitter or other sites. I also use it to get a copy of a picture on some sites that don't allow the viewer to save a copy.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have Note 5 and i found not a single reason to buy Note 7.

I very much agree with this.

Phones have gotten really good, to the point where even a bi-yearly upgrade is tough to recommend.

The precise reason why the industry is moving at ludicrous speed to sealed batteries (force two year retirement curve). LG might not to afford them some differentiation.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a BUNCH of videos on you tube - tips and tricks!
I remember w the note 2(loved it lol) I kept finding new stuff out!
One thing I miss is never being bored always learning and customization fun!
iPhone 6s Plus is good reliable BUt after 3 years of this I'm bored.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The days of the note getting the latest might be gone and maybe they should bring them out at the same Time

see exactly my point if the Note doesn't offer better specs why wait this long to release it? Just release it with the S line since its degraded to a bigger S edge with a stylus anyways. Is the Note 7 a great phone ? Time will tell it has a lot going for it but I expected a jump like note 3 to note 4 and that didn't happen :(

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
All of Touchwiz (including the Samsung Calendar) will be present on unlocked phones. It will just be free of carrier apps..

Yeah, I never considered the actual Samsung apps to be "bloat". S Planner (the calendar app) is what I use on TouchWiz phones. On a Moto X or Nexus, Google Calendar

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I will pass on it as IMO i think phones have reached the point that incremental upgrades just won't do it for me. I agee with someone that said they might as well release it with the S7 as whats the point now that they are just about similar other than size and some added features.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
see exactly my point if the Note doesn't offer better specs why wait this long to release it? Just release it with the S line since its degraded to a bigger S edge with a stylus anyways. Is the Note 7 a great phone ? Time will tell it has a lot going for it but I expected a jump like note 3 to note 4 and that didn't happen :(

well we know it will be a great phone no doubts about that but each year it becomes harder to make big jumps.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I always liked the Note but I never use it for note taking. I use the S Pen to do screen captures to either post on Facebook, Twitter or other sites. I also use it to get a copy of a picture on some sites that don't allow the viewer to save a copy.
To me, the key for the Note was originally just the screen size. It was the "S" series with a big screen. I didn't really care if there was a pen or not. I see the utility of the pen and why some love it--I just don't myself have much use for it. Like you, I mostly used it for screen captures (which, btw, came in handy. For that, I really liked it.)

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
samsung really ticked me off with the note 7,,,,,not faster than the edge, should have bigger screen, cpu, more ram....i am going to switch to apple or maybe one of the new chineese phones......and that curved screen,,sucks big time...i have the note 4, and will not upgrade...samsung did not do anything i liked...struck out...thought they would be smarter than that....

The curved screen is not like the S7 Edge, you should go check it out at a local store in BestBuy. I think you are going to love it. I checked it out today and it is just way different and better than the S7 edge physically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463