Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I only bought it because my youngest sister wanted a Note as her new phone. She'll be coming from an iPhone 5s. I, personally, am happy with my s7edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Handled one for two hours at best buy today and from what I can tell it's a step above the S7 edge in both design and function. There are a lot of features I liked compared to the S7 edge and my own note 3. Personally I want to get the phone, but will be waiting until Flossy Carter does his long winded but informative Real Review later down the road.

I like his reviews but my decision wouldn't hinge on what he has to say..... He seems to like all of his phones but he does a good job with the pros and cons and what he uses each phone for.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have Note 5 and i found not a single reason to buy Note 7.

The precise reason why the industry is moving at ludicrous speed to sealed batteries (force two year retirement curve). LG might not to afford them some differentiation.

It is great these days if you are buying a used phone.....you can get good stuff at a reasonable price. Right now you can actually get new phones for a reasonable price after a year or even a few months as newer models roll out.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Planned to buy outright from Best Buy. They won't accept a preorder if you want to buy outright in store. They told me to preorder online but you can't select the memory card online. May just wait it out and see wait the next Nexus and iPhone have to offer.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I took the Note 7 hands on tonight at my local Best Buy. We have a Samsung store inside so I knew where to look. The Note 7 looks and feels great. What took me by surprise was how it felt in the hand, not that it matters given I'd throw a case on it. Anyway, it felt good and the S-pen was light-years better than the Note 4. The point was so thin that I felt like I was writing on real paper with a real pen on the Note 7's screen. It was really cool. I still can't justify spending that sort of money for the Note 7 but it definitely gave me a different opinion. I'd like 6gb of RAM for it to be as future proof as possible and to have 128gb of on board storage so that I don't HAVE to pop in a 128gb SD card.

Nice device. I might jump on, just need a longer test drive before I pull the trigger. The lack of future proofing the phone hurts a little.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I have to say the N7 is growing on me. I'm still going to see what the Nexus Marlin brings to the table. By then, maybe the unlocked version of the N7 may be out, and hopefully Nougat will be on it out of the box. One thing I see that mitigates the edge display is that it seems minimized as compared to the S7E.

One question, I really like screen protectors. How do they work with edge displays?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I find the lower cost and slightly larger battery of the S7E appealing, but prefer the minimalist edge display of the N7. That in itself puts the N7 on top for me. I have little use for the S-Pen, or at least I didn't use it much with my N2.

anon(367788)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I will keep my Note 4 as a backup, but I can't wait to get the Note 7! The ONLY reason I didn't get the Note 5 was because the took out expandable storage. I look forward to the Note 7, just as I will be looking forward to the Note 8 next year as well. 😎😊

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence. My N5 still purrs like a kitten and it still meets my needs. I did N3 - N5 and am just undecided right now. I'll probably decide after a bit of real use reviews. That usually tells the real picture. That, and the tips and tricks videos! Love those

At&t Note5

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I pulled the trigger this morning. I was curious about the V20 and the Nexus devices but from current leaks it sounds like they wo t offer anything above and beyond the Note really.

For me, it seems that this is the best device available at the moment and likely for the remainder of the year. There will always be something new and better coming but you have to deal with the information you have at the time and work with that.

Solid device with unique features.

I'm coming from a LG G4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital