Are you buying the Galaxy Note7?

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Handled one for two hours at best buy today and from what I can tell it's a step above the S7 edge in both design and function. There are a lot of features I liked compared to the S7 edge and my own note 3. Personally I want to get the phone, but will be waiting until Flossy Carter does his long winded but informative Real Review later down the road.

Thanks for the heads-up on Flossy. Subscribed. I like his reviews.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Water resistant smartphones is a gimmick. No on drops their phone in 5 feet of in toilet or tap water. They do however drop it outside in the places like rivers and lakes

Again with this? I'm not sure what you are going on about again here. If you don't like water resistance, good for you. It's like not liking free insurance. Utterly silly, but to each his own :)

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Have iPhone and I really am dying for a Samsung now
I've had iPhone 6 -6+ 6s plus oh and 5s prior
I'm done bored lol
I'll buy it when it's available because I am w att and wanna switch to t mobile

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the black today from Best Buy. Main reasons are I like their service where I live and no registration at Samsung needed to get the 256gb card. They do it automatically and the 256gb card is supposed to be ready to pick up with my N7 on the 19th.

I like my MXPE, but the battery life is weak and the 808 runs hot when gaming. The radio is also a power sucking demon in weak signals areas. The 820 apparently reduces those issues along with the amoled display and 500mah more battery.

Added

The Force Z was not considered due to no 3.5mm jack and smaller display on bigger device than N7. Also think the pen function is much better than past Notes.

Last edited:

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the black today from Best Buy. Main reasons are I like their service where I live and no registration at Samsung needed to get the 256gb card. They do it automatically and the 256gb card is supposed to be ready to pick up with my N7 on the 19th.

I like my MXPE, but the battery life is weak and the 808 runs hot when gaming. The radio is also a power sucking demon.
I initially ordered from best buy today but I got worried they wouldn't have enough stock to fill all the pre orders which they sometimes have problems with. I cancelled the order and ordered from Verizon instead. They have the same shipping estimates. I don't really need any of the freebies so if it takes time to get them I'm all set. So far Verizon so says ships by the 19th and they are pretty accurate normally.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I've ordered my case from Amazon and now waiting for the phone to come out. I'm in Canada so our pre-order deals aren't nearly as rich. I notice Best Buy had choice of 64GB card or Gear fit and Costco has a or order deal too. I'm thinking I will check out Costco (Canada) at the time of launch. I recently updated my wife to the S7 and my daughter to iPhone SE and walked out ahead in cash cards even after purchasing the phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm all in!

01 64 Gigs
02 Dual Edge Display
03 Iris Scanner I tried it and works (and it should after 4 years in development)
04 Ability to go QHD>FHD>HD, with 2 battery saver modes that lower the screen resolution to save battery
05 IP68 water resistant rating with phone as well as the S Pen & silo
06 HDR video streaming w/Amazon Video.
07 Secret Folder
08 S Pen GIF-making along with other new S Pen features
09 Blue light filter switch in the notification shade
10 Type-C reversible connector
11 Icon pack support in the Themes menu
12 Always on display
13 Gorilla Glass 5
14 Less bulky (Feels better in hand)
15 Alarm night display (used it all the time on my note 4 edge)
16 Better Camera than my other notes
17 Larger battery
18 Better processor

Extras: micro USB adapter in the box, 256gb micro SD card option (Pre-orders), Unique blue coral color, already sold my note 5

I'm sure all these have been mentioned and I'm sure there's some that I'm missing (I may have doubled up on some things too), but these are my reasons.
Keep in mind that I'm comparing these features to some of the other notes (I've owned and sold the note 2, note 3, note 4 edge & note 5)

Ronny James

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Well the s7e has 3600 even though its screen is smaller. I admitted to being foolish for getting excited about leaks. It's my own fault.
Remember that the note 7 has alot less space to deal with ma ly the spen and the hardware for the iris scanner so samsung couldn't possibly fit a bigger battery inside given the slimmer device n more internal equipment plus regarding the 6 bg of ram not needed samsung knows what it is doing and I'm sure it would have put 6 gb of ram of the device really needed it or loik at it this way maybe samsung is saving other features for later improvement instead of throwing all its eggs into one basket so tjat it has room to grow the following year

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
My local AT&T company stores have the Note7 on display. Unfortunately, the security device they attach to the back interferes with any attempt to get a feel for the device in hand.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Easy. Make it thicker. Already too thin
I think this could be said for most phones. It makes them easier to bend/break. Plus, just a personal preference that I like some weight to a phone. I find it allows for a better hold, not like a feather that could drop if my grip lets up in the slightest.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think many find a little thicker more comfortable but I don't deny computer and cell phone companies are in an inexplicable competition for the thinnest. Lighter is better surely but thinner? I can't even hold some of the thinner models comfortably in my hand so I use a thick case. Maybe thinner is more comfortable in a pocket I don't know. I do think folks wouldn't be screaming about a few mm of thickness if they got a 4000 mAh battery. Sincere people can disagree on this point.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The majority don't seem to want it thicker and the thicker it is the less comfortable it is.

I have to say that I think OEMs have have given thiinness too much importance lately. When phones were thicker a few years ago, making them thinner was on many people's minds. Nowadays most phones are very thin already. I

In this case, the Note is so thin already that I bet just about everyone would sacrifice 1mm of thickness to add 500 Mah of battery (which I believe would be possible). 1mm is worth it for me, and I bet most ...

That said, I am happy with the 3500 Mah.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think many find a little thicker more comfortable but I don't deny computer and cell phone companies are in an inexplicable competition for the thinnest. Lighter is better surely but thinner? I can't even hold some of the thinner models comfortably in my hand so I use a thick case. Maybe thinner is more comfortable in a pocket I don't know. I do think folks wouldn't be screaming about a few mm of thickness if they got a 4000 mAh battery. Sincere people can disagree on this point.
Samsung does some of the most extensive market data research, across the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers