08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Just got a call from T mobile saying they could cancel my order and then re order it with out the $69 down. I didnt wanna lose my "place in line" so i kept it as is. Anyone else?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, whatever you do....do not cancel and reorder. You'll probably get put on back order like many people did with the S7's, when they tried that.
    08-03-2016 08:57 PM
    Just got a call from T mobile saying they could cancel my order and then re order it with out the $69 down. I didnt wanna lose my "place in line" so i kept it as is. Anyone else?

Yep, they told me the same thing on Twitter. I suggested that an easy option would be a bill credit and they shouldn't be punishing the earliest of preorders by asking them to choose between down payment and their early spot in the preorder queue. I'm not giving up my preorder over the $70 but I'll definitely keep letting them know my disappointment.

They clearly got a ton of negative feedback about this decision, and that feedback was rightly deserved. We'll see what happens with the next 'premium' device preorder.
    08-03-2016 08:59 PM
    I just ordered a Note 7 thru the Samsung site. I messaged them and asked when it will be shipped. They said within a week. I screen shotted it. Not sure how to post it
    Upload the image to imgur.com and paste the image link here.
    08-03-2016 09:01 PM
    Yeah I imagine It will but I'm sure being its only the 2nd day of pre orders is
    It will be sent with the 1st or 2nd batch of devices
    I sent a rep a DM and he said I could cancel my order and reorder it tomorrow. I asked would that put me further back in line and now I'm getting no response.
    Just from past experience, I would put NO confidence in that you are going to get your phone earlier by pre-ordering on day 1 as opposed to like day 10. There's a lot of unhappy people when the "my device has shipped" emails start going out. Day 1 people get downright angry at the people who get their phones shipped before them when they only ordered it a few days before.
    08-03-2016 09:34 PM
    I am on the JOD program and I ordered my phone through tmobile and the only fee I had to pay was the $69.99 + tax.
    Call tmobile and explained what transpired!
    The employee is miss informed!.

08-03-2016 10:08 PM
    However, starting tomorrow....all jod customers dont have to pay anything up front....i just wanted to hopefully get mine sooner. Who knows rho.

08-03-2016 10:20 PM
    I used jump 1 to jump. I was eligable for a jump. What does this mean.

A quote of $ was accepted for your jump redemtion. Please send your device? The dollar sign is for the amout but I didn't put what the price was in this post. I just don't understand this text?
    08-03-2016 10:42 PM
    However, starting tomorrow....all jod customers dont have to pay anything up front....i just wanted to hopefully get mine sooner. Who knows rho.

I called and asked this and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. According to her, everyone starts with the down payment even on Jump.
    08-03-2016 11:57 PM
    I called and asked this and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. According to her, everyone starts with the down payment even on Jump.
    I never call. If you DM them on Twitter, they will give you the correct info. Starting tomorrow, no down payment on JoD. But if you have already ordered, you have to cancel and reorder and lose your order position. Whether that would effect anything when it comes to shipping, who knows. But I'm not risking it. I wasn't happy about the down payment but I counted the money as gone. If I want to recoup it, I'll sell the 256gb card when I get it.
    08-04-2016 12:02 AM
    With respect, you keep saying there's "no difference"....when obviously, that's 100% incorrect.

They are similar, of course. No difference, of course not. That's just being a little dramatic, don't ya think

Gorilla Glass 5, USB-C, S-Pen, larger display, the curve of the edge is half the slope/size as the S7, tons of new software features etc etc.

Call me crazy....there's a difference between the S7's and Note7.

Every single hands on review points out all of these differences.
    This guy gets it.
    08-04-2016 12:11 AM
    I never call. If you DM them on Twitter, they will give you the correct info. Starting tomorrow, no down payment on JoD. But if you have already ordered, you have to cancel and reorder and lose your order position. Whether that would effect anything when it comes to shipping, who knows. But I'm not risking it. I wasn't happy about the down payment but I counted the money as gone. If I want to recoup it, I'll sell the 256gb card when I get it.
    I called back and got a bill credit instead.
    queenren likes this.
    08-04-2016 12:16 AM
    So you got them to issue a bill credit for the $69.99 down payment?
    08-04-2016 12:25 AM
    But wouldn't that make the eip monthly payments higher?

08-04-2016 12:32 AM

Yeah, no down payment would make the payments about $4/month higher. So it would take 18 months, or the full lease, to cover the down payment. On JoD, most people probably don't keep their devices for 18 months, so paying a down payment costs more when you switch phones before 18 months.
    queenren likes this.
    08-04-2016 12:39 AM

No. Because she adjusted it as a customer service gesture. It's not linked up to my down payment which is still in place. I still paid the 69.99 and will be charged once it shipped. I just asked for a credit instead of having to refund and reorder with no down. She was totally fine with that.
    08-04-2016 12:55 AM
    Yeah, no down payment would make the payments about $4/month higher. So it would take 18 months, or the full lease, to cover the down payment. On JoD, most people probably don't keep their devices for 18 months, so paying a down payment costs more when you switch phones before 18 months.
    And I'm not on jump on demand. I'm regular jump. I found it better than on demand
    08-04-2016 12:56 AM
    I'm on jump 1.0 and they want 140 down
    08-04-2016 03:10 AM
    I can't see my JOD order online, but I have an order number from Customer Care.

For anyone that upgraded through JOD, did you have to electronically sign anything after you ordered?? Did you get an email confirmation of your order?
    08-04-2016 08:00 AM
    Yeah, whatever you do....do not cancel and reorder. You'll probably get put on back order like many people did with the S7's, when they tried that.
    February 27th, I ordered my S7 Edge. March 2, I went on the T-Mobile site and it showed they had some in stock and if I chose overnight, it would be here the next day. I ordered that second phone, it got delivered the next day. I called T-Mobile to cancel the first phone and they said they would cancel it. They never did. I got that second phone three days later and I ended up keeping it as well.

I would be very cautious about ordering a second phone and expecting T-Mobile to do the right thing and actually cancel the first order. They even admitted they had no idea why I was able to order a second phone days after the original pre-order and get it overnighted when it took over a week to get the original pre-order.

T-Mobiles shipping system was all messed up back then. People who ordered weeks later got theirs way before people who ordered on day on the pre-order date. I have no doubt it will be this way as well.
    08-04-2016 08:08 AM
    Yes, you will get an email asking you to electrinically sign the new EIP agreement on a laptop...then u will get q text and email with ur order number.

08-04-2016 08:26 AM

For anyone that upgraded through JOD, did you have to electronically sign anything after you ordered?? Did you get an email confirmation of your order?
    Don't put stock in just having an order number. That EIP email that you need to digitally sign should arrive in a matter of minutes. If you don't get it, don't wait. Contact them and make sure your order went thru correctly.

I placed my order about an hour after preorders opened on Tuesday night via DM on Twitter. They called me at the end of the order to get my CC info for down payment and then sent me an order number. I thought all was good. 7 hours later, I still didn't have an email. I contacted them again and sure enough my order so hadn't processed. They redid the whole order, including CC info, and this time I got the EIP email in about 2 minutes.
    08-04-2016 08:32 AM
    @tourbound129 I did contact them a few hours after my order and he assured me that it went through. I even have the chat saved.

I DMed T-mobile Help on Twitter like you suggested, so maybe I can get a good answer.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    08-04-2016 08:35 AM
    @tourbound129 I did contact them a few hours after my order and he assured me that it went through. I even have the chat saved.

I DMed T-mobile Help on Twitter like you suggested, so maybe I can get a good answer.
    I forgot to put in there that I woke up about 2 hours after I got the order number and glanced at my phone and didn't have any emails from T-Mobile. I sent a DM, talked to the same person that placed my order, and she assured me the system was just busy and I should have the emails by morning. Add I said above, that didn't happen.
    08-04-2016 08:39 AM
    I forgot to put in there that I woke up about 2 hours after I got the order number and glanced at my phone and didn't have any emails from T-Mobile. I sent a DM, talked to the same person that placed my order, and she assured me the system was just busy and I should have the emails by morning. Add I said above, that didn't happen.
    Great! Thank you.
    08-04-2016 08:40 AM

I e signed before I submitted my order.
    08-04-2016 09:08 AM
4,818 ... 1011121314 ...