08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 157158159160161 ...
tools
    Now that I got iemi number is there a way to submit now to Samsung for the free gift?

Posted via the Android Central App
    No. Need wifi address also
    08-14-2016 06:41 PM
    Have you at least got the 1st text message for both phones ?
    Yes I did.

08-14-2016 06:42 PM
    I'm nervous bc ups says waiting to be processed but I've seen no movement. Tmobile hasn't sent a text saying it's shopped so I don't know whether or not to believe the estimated shipping date of tomorrow.
    Planes probably won't fly out until late tonight. I've seen them leave at 2am from Louisville with delivery the same day.
    ctown81 likes this.
    08-14-2016 06:47 PM
    Yes I did.

U should be good then
    08-14-2016 06:50 PM
    How do you see orders being sent to you buy UPS without tracking number? I downloaded APP and registered but it asked for tracking number.
    08-14-2016 06:51 PM
    Yes I did.

I know it would feel better with the text and tracking number. This is the time I think the next wave goes out
    I happen to be off because it's my birthday and I took it off.
    Yesterday, it looked like this was going to be perfect timing.

...and no birthday present for me.
    Not yet anyways. Not giving up hope.

A late b-day present is better than no present
    I never owned a nexus before. What's the advantage of it along with the quicker android updates?
    Cleaner, simpler software, developer friendly, quicker updates. They are getting better in terms of camera , features every release but they will never match the feature set OEMs offer.

It's more for people who don't like carrier and OEM software. It's fun device just like every other device
    networkdood likes this.
    08-14-2016 06:52 PM
    If tmobile is the first to ship, the free gifts are all ours.... muhahaha (in my villainous voice) lol
    hailsusy90, dario12v and lv2bsilly like this.
    08-14-2016 06:53 PM
    I still have my T-Mobile Note 4 and it still works great....I just wish I could afford to get a Note 7 right now ...I imagine I'll get one at some point, but it probably won't be until Christmas at the earliest.

Also as a side note, I find it interesting that so many people are interested in buying the Note 7 through JOD, which seems like the mother of all scams because you put so much money into the program but you'll never own the device...unless I am wrong about how JOD works. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...that was just my (possibly ignorant) impression of JOD.
    08-14-2016 07:07 PM
    I still have my T-Mobile Note 4 and it still works great....I just wish I could afford to get a Note 7 right now ...I imagine I'll get one at some point, but it probably won't be until Christmas at the earliest.

Also as a side note, I find it interesting that so many people are interested in buying the Note 7 through JOD, which seems like the mother of all scams because you put so much money into the program but you'll never own the device...unless I am wrong about how JOD works. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...that was just my (possibly ignorant) impression of JOD.
    Definitely not a scam. You lease the device, sure, but if you decide to keep it past the 18 months there's an option to buy out the phone at a price that was dictated at purchase. For instance, if o keep the note 7 the entire time the buyout is $175 I believe. But if I don't (won't) keep it the entire time, I have 3 upgrades a year. It's basically designed for people (like us!) who don't plan on keeping the phones for very long. Many of us didn't have to spend a penny to preorder the Note 7, we just pay it on our bill. Essentially I've been able to own the iPhone 6S+, and soon the note 7, and the only thing I've paid out of pocket up front is the $100 I paid for my 64gb 6S+.
    08-14-2016 07:14 PM

You can actually pay off your device on JOD anytime you want, for the same overall cost as people buying outright or paying on payment plans. The benefit, to me, since I used to be primarily a LG guy, was T-Mobile was guaranteeing a trade in value on the device. In my case, I still owe T-Mobile $400 on my LG V10. They are currently selling on Swappa for about $280 or so. If I owned my V10 and had paid the original price of $600, I could recoup about $280 by selling do I would be out of pocket $320. By giving my V10 back to T-Mobile, I've only spent $200. So I've saved myself $120.
    gpatrick15 and networkdood like this.
    08-14-2016 07:19 PM
    Planes probably won't fly out until late tonight. I've seen them leave at 2am from Louisville with delivery the same day.
    I was just wondering this. Mine still isn't updated past my request for it to go to local ups store instead of home.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-14-2016 07:21 PM
    You can actually pay off your device on JOD anytime you want, for the same overall cost as people buying outright or paying on payment plans. The benefit, to me, since I used to be primarily a LG guy, was T-Mobile was guaranteeing a trade in value on the device. In my case, I still owe T-Mobile $400 on my LG V10. They are currently selling on Swappa for about $280 or so. If I owned my V10 and had paid the original price of $600, I could recoup about $280 by selling do I would be out of pocket $320. By giving my V10 back to T-Mobile, I've only spent $200. So I've saved myself $120.
    Yeah definitely good deal for devices which don't value. Personally i don't use JOD but can see it's hassle free for changing phones with the only caveat that T-Mobile should carry the device. But they carry all flagships probably Nexus is the one which can be hit or miss. But in those situations just buy outside of JOD I guess.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-14-2016 07:22 PM
    Now that I got iemi number is there a way to submit now to Samsung for the free gift?

You need more info than that. I made a post with links for what you need to do, let me find that.
    08-14-2016 07:22 PM
    Why would you be worried. It's coming this week for sure. I have the same issue
    Yup same here. I'm hoping for tomorrow but expecting Friday.
    08-14-2016 07:23 PM
    I was just wondering this. Mine still isn't updated past my request for it to go to local ups store instead of home.
    That request wont be completed until it hits your local distribution center. They will see the hold request and route it ups store instead of your home. That should be early in the morning so by the time you wake up tomorrow morning there will be bunch of activity on the tracking.
    08-14-2016 07:24 PM
    Cleaner, simpler software, developer friendly, quicker updates. They are getting better in terms of camera , features every release but they will never match the feature set OEMs offer.

It's more for people who don't like carrier and OEM software. It's fun device just like every other device
    Nice gotcha. I'm sure the camera is pretty good. Samsung always appears to be best in that area tho .
    08-14-2016 07:24 PM
    Hey at least you know it's on its way. I still have zero sign of shipping. No text, no email, no tracking number, and my account still just says "order placed."
    gpatrick15 likes this.
    08-14-2016 07:25 PM

As g mentioned, it's not a scam at all. It's nerds dream. Who cares about owning a phone, when you can switch up to 3 times a year. I paid $60 for the two months I had my S7e....and I'll wind up paying about $120 for the Note 5 I've had since then. For the 6 months I'll have the Note 7 until I get the S8...I'll pay around $250 or so. With a free Gear VR and soon Fit2 as well....and most likely a free VR with the 4k S8 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sure, we're always paying a monthly payment toward a phone...but I'd be doing that on a regular EIP anyway. This way, it's new phone bliss, pretty much whenever you want.

JOD is awesome ๐Ÿ˜†
    08-14-2016 07:26 PM
    Nice gotcha. I'm sure the camera is pretty good. Samsung always appears to be best in that area tho .
    Yep Samsung camera's are the best alongside iPhone and LG flagship. If there are Windows phone fanboys they will be all over me now for not including high end Lumia
    Yeah definitely good deal for devices which don't value. Personally i don't use JOD but can see it's hassle free for changing phones with the only caveat that T-Mobile should carry the device. But they carry all flagships probably Nexus is the one which can be hit or miss. But in those situations just buy outside of JOD I guess.
    Agreed. I'd love for T-Mobile to carry the Nexus devices for more variety but they really haven't made one I was just dying to have. I have a Pixel C to get my Nexus fix. And although they have gotten better, I find myself more and more caring about camera quality and there are always better options in the camera department.
    Do you think they will send a text message this late ?
    08-14-2016 07:40 PM
    Hey at least you know it's on its way. I still have zero sign of shipping. No text, no email, no tracking number, and my account still just says "order placed."
    Same here! Except since it's JOD I don't even get to see order placed
    08-14-2016 07:46 PM
    Lucky people!! I ordered mine on Saturday 13 (bit too late) so no hopes in getting mine anytime soon but hey one can dream hahaha
    I didn't get to order mine until yesterday either because of well, life and I am anxiously checking my account and waiting for emails or texts. If I get mine, I'll let ya know.

rockocop likes this.
    08-14-2016 07:52 PM
4,818 ... 157158159160161 ...