08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 177178179180181 ...
tools
    All these reps are like robots I swear, I remember the automated response I got from a T-Mobile employee when I physically had my s7 edge in his face asking if they can sell the s7 edge cases they had in stock so he said "sorry these cases might not fit your phone as the galaxy s7 edge releases on so on and so on. Which means the phone has not been released yet" He refused to believe it was real even with the stupid logo on the back of the phone lol. He looked at me and said alright you seem to know what you are doing.
    Well I had one a could of weeks ago from UPS tell me that "Next Day Air by 10:30 am" shipping, didn't mean it would be delivered by 10:30 am at the latest, but by end of day.

He told me that was a guess as to what time, but 10:30 meant that according to his route, that is about the time he was in my area every day.

Well it wasn't, I'm about the last stop. For regular overnight or two day, they get to my house between 4:30 and 6:00. Customer service everywhere, in all industries, is horrible these days. Most call center people just go by a script and if it is off that script, they can't handle it. They know 2+2=4 but if you start talking 1+3=4 or God forbid, 6-2=4, that does them in. I'm sure she figured it was some every day shipping from TMO for just an individual ordering a phone.
    08-15-2016 10:14 AM
    I chose 2 day with Verizon mine says deliver by 8/18. It has been sitting at the Fedex since then.
    You're one of the few that I have seen. Here and over at XDA most that have chose 2day are showing dates of delivery for 8/19.
    08-15-2016 10:15 AM
    I'm talking about my actual estimated delivery date using my tracking number through FedEX. Not in my Verizon area. Nobody is getting these phones early at least with Verizon. I paid for overnight shipping. That is why I am a day ahead of others with 2day. They actually ship them on the 17th and I will get mine next day. Those who chose the free 2day will get them on the 19th. Pretty simple.
    Yes I understand and that is likely the date Verizon's fulfillment company put as the shipping date. Verizon usually doesn't ship early though.
    08-15-2016 10:16 AM
    If space aliens came down to Earth, jacked into the Internet and read all 175 pages of this thread, they'd conclude all humans have aspergers and are impatient lunatics. I mean you guys are talking about what time planes leave with UPS shipments, what time planes land, when packages usually get scanned in. Come on guys. Maybe some vitamin D is in order here.
    Space aliens already received their note 7s light years ago
    Imglad12 and barefootbear like this.
    08-15-2016 10:16 AM
    If space aliens came down to Earth, jacked into the Internet and read all 175 pages of this thread, they'd conclude all humans have aspergers and are impatient lunatics. I mean you guys are talking about what time planes leave with UPS shipments, what time planes land, when packages usually get scanned in. Come on guys. Maybe some vitamin D is in order here.
    I agree with this. I'm going solely off what my Fedex tracking shows for Verizon. But in every thread for any carrier people think they know about what times the planes land, when the scans "usually" happen. It's ridiculous.
    barefootbear likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:17 AM
    Yes I understand and that is likely the date Verizon's fulfillment company put as the shipping date. Verizon usually doesn't ship early though.
    That's funny, because I have heard otherwise. They aren't known for shipping out days early like you have been inclined to see with TMO, but I could see next day deliveries arriving a day early. Otherwise I'll be requesting a refund for paying an extra $12.99 to get the phone quicker. If they ship the 17th I will have mine the 18th. If they wait an ship the 18th so that I get it on launch day, then those who chose 2day for free should be getting them after launch day.
    08-15-2016 10:20 AM
    Ups said delayed shipment in Louisiana, do to flooding.
    Said your shipment is delayed due to flooding?
    08-15-2016 10:21 AM
    You're one of the few that I have seen. Here and over at XDA most that have chose 2day are showing dates of delivery for 8/19.

I know i was shocked because most verizon people are saying 8/19, but happy to see mine was 8/18 ! We are down to the last few days of waiting. Its been a long wait but a worthwhile one! These phones will be awesome.
    08-15-2016 10:24 AM
    Lmao!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 10:24 AM
    My tracking number said today and now it says information unavailable. I changed it for pickup from hub instead of delivery because it was going to be a late drop off.
    08-15-2016 10:25 AM
    I agree with this. I'm going solely off what my Fedex tracking shows for Verizon. But in every thread for any carrier people think they know about what times the planes land, when the scans "usually" happen. It's ridiculous.
    It's actually not ridiculous at all. There is a proven track record, over the last 6-7 years, of when the UPS planes usually leave from Louisville. And usually in the 4am range, the day that labels are created.

I know, it seems crazy, but it's logical to think that the same schedule would be followed. Obviously, something happened this time around that prevented those planes from taking off. Severe lightning hit Louisville at 3am this morning. It's quite possible that's the reason for the delay.

Speculation...of course....but not ridiculous to think the same pattern would be followed, as has been for the last 10 Sammy flagships. What is a little sad, is you and few other people trolling on here, in hopes of being the ones to shame people. That shows the person you are. For real. Think about it. Lighten up. Life is good ๐Ÿ˜†
    08-15-2016 10:26 AM
    That's funny, because I have heard otherwise. They aren't known for shipping out days early like you have been inclined to see with TMO, but I could see next day deliveries arriving a day early. Otherwise I'll be requesting a refund for paying an extra $12.99 to get the phone quicker. If they ship the 17th I will have mine the 18th. If they wait an ship the 18th so that I get it on launch day, then those who chose 2day for free should be getting them after launch day.
    Well pre-order isn't to get a phone early, it's to have one reserved.

Verizon isn't am early shipper at all. There is an agreed upon date between Samsung and carriers of when the pre-orders can be sent the 17th or the 18th delivery leaves a day or two if something happens.

No one even guarantees the phone by launch day.
    anon(782252) and Hoggles like this.
    Is it ridiculous? Departure and arrival times can be seen right here.

https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UPS
    Hoggles and bhatech like this.
    Customer service everywhere, in all industries, is horrible these days. Most call center people just go by a script and if it is off that script, they can't handle it. They know 2+2=4 but if you start talking 1+3=4 or God forbid, 6-2=4, that does them in. I'm sure she figured it was some every day shipping from TMO for just an individual ordering a phone.
    TBF companies have gotten much more strict with what reps are allowed to say. They are mostly just doing what they're told. I for one wouldn't risk an infraction or possibly losing my job over someone I didn't even know wanting info I'm not supposed to divulge. In most cases reps don't even have access to other info. I don't think it's horrible customer service as much as companies not providing info to the reps.
    08-15-2016 10:30 AM
    It's actually not ridiculous at all. There is a proven track record, over the last 6-7 years, of when the UPS planes usually leave from Louisville. And usually in the 4am range, the day that labels are created.

I know, it seems crazy, but it's logical to think that the same schedule would be followed. Obviously, something happened this time around that prevented those planes from taking off. Severe lightning hit Louisville at 3am this morning. It's quite possible that's the reason for the delay.

Speculation...of course....but not ridiculous to think the same pattern would be followed, as has been for the last 10 Sammy flagships. What is a little sad, is you and few other people trolling on here, in hopes of being the ones to shame people. That shows the person you are. For real. Think about it. Lighten up. Life is good ๐Ÿ˜†
    Yup, the approximately 20 or so packages for work and personal, that come to my house weekly, always get to my airport between 5 to 6:30, barring something unforseen. That means for a normal flight, they left KY an hour before and KY is an hour ahead of me. So it leaves there at 5 am and arrives here at 5 am.

I can see people not knowing how shippers on their area work of they don't have a lot of deliveries and don't have to track things down, drive to a different hub, drive and meet a UPS driver, etc. After about 15 years of that, you learn their schedule lol
    08-15-2016 10:32 AM

Right, and you want to tell me how you know which plane it is that your specific phone is on at any given time? Because I sure can't see that information on my FedEX tracking. It is ridiculous in my opinion. I'm not trolling as stated above I just find it funny the lengths you people will go through to track your phones every single movement, instead of just looking at your tracking info and accepting it for what it is.
    08-15-2016 10:34 AM
    Yup, the approximately 20 or so packages for work and personal, that come to my house weekly, always get to my airport between 5 to 6:30, barring something unforseen. That means for a normal flight, they left KY an hour before and KY is an hour ahead of me. So it leaves there at 5 am and arrives here at 5 am.

I can see people not knowing how shippers on their area work of they don't have a lot of deliveries and don't have to track things down, drive to a different hub, drive and meet a UPS driver, etc. After about 15 years of that, you learn their schedule lol
    Didn't realize you were in that type of business. I just couldn't for the life of me understand the point in obsessing over a phone so much that you will try to track down and pinpoint its exact location every minute of every day until it arrives at your house. You aren't going to make it show up any quicker.
    08-15-2016 10:35 AM
    Didn't realize you were in that type of business. I just couldn't for the life of me understand the point in obsessing over a phone so much that you will try to track down and pinpoint its exact location every minute of every day until it arrives at your house. You aren't going to make it show up any quicker.
    I'm not trying to track down a phone.

You didn't realize I was in what type of business?
    08-15-2016 10:37 AM
    I like how before i seen the estimated delivery date of today and now I don't even see that... >_>
    08-15-2016 10:38 AM
    I'm not trying to track down a phone.

You didn't realize I was in what type of business?
    I meant I didn't realize you had so much experience with packages from UPS. That you have that many deliveries weekly.
    08-15-2016 10:38 AM
    I just couldn't for the life of me understand the point in obsessing over a phone so much that you will try to track down and pinpoint its exact location every minute of every day until it arrives at your house. You aren't going to make it show up any quicker.
    We'll soon be tracking UPS flights. I remember doing this for iPhone 6/6+ pre-orders (straight from Apple). Was kind of interesting to track them from China all the way to their destinations.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:39 AM
    TBF companies have gotten much more strict with what reps are allowed to say. They are mostly just doing what they're told. I for one wouldn't risk an infraction or possibly losing my job over someone I didn't even know wanting info I'm not supposed to divulge. In most cases reps don't even have access to other info. I don't think it's horrible customer service as much as companies not providing info to the reps.
    Oh I know they do that also with the reps. But also call centers are being outsourced so much out of the country and then things really become a mess.
    08-15-2016 10:39 AM
    So its 11:40...No one has received they phone yet...Hmm i think i called it when i said it might not happen today
    08-15-2016 10:40 AM
    Lol.... It's amazing how people react to thread about shipping and respond as if everyone is crazy impatient, and they themselves are only mildly interested in this particular topic...Smh

If your bored and tired of the conversation here

www.cnn.com
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:41 AM
    So its 11:40...No one has received they phone yet...Hmm i think i called it when i said it might not happen today
    Don't know about you but I'm getting my phone today.
    08-15-2016 10:45 AM
4,818 ... 177178179180181 ...