08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    My buddy's blue got pushed out. I'm a black onyx order and my order still shows on time. A few others that have blue on Reddit have had theirs delayed too. Perhaps it is a blue color specific issue.
    There is literally no point. Even phones bought in store can get the gifts after launch if they do it on time.

I can say if you pre-order in the first few days with T-Mobile you have a better shot at getting it before everybody else but for other carriers there really isn't a reason to pre-order in my opinion

I would just be pissed if I pre-ordered and I happened to go to a T-Mobile store and somebody was buying the Note 7 before I even received mine
    Yeah this is stupid, if it doesn't work out I'll probably just go to the store release date and get it. Then just cancel my order when they ship it to me in September. Doesn't make sense.
    08-08-2016 05:52 PM
    I knew I should have gotten the black. Oh well, I'll get it when I get it. I'm sure the blue one won't be in stores on launch day if it's getting pushed back on preorders.
    08-08-2016 05:54 PM
    Yeah this is stupid, if it doesn't work out I'll probably just go to the store release date and get it. Then just cancel my order when they ship it to me in September. Doesn't make sense.
    I would bet if the blue really ends up backordered and you don't get it by launch, you won't be able to walk into a store and get it. My guess is every blue one will be for a preorder.
    08-08-2016 05:55 PM
    I'd probably take the black one if I were to walk in and buy the phone..
    08-08-2016 05:57 PM
    I ordered the 3rd and it is effected. Which if this is true will sucks.
    For those who ordered the coral blue on the 3rd shouldn't be effected just my opinion
    08-08-2016 05:59 PM
    I ordered the 3rd and it is effected. Which if this is true will sucks.
    Same, exactly why this doesn't make any sense.
    08-08-2016 06:01 PM
    It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them. In other words, if you ordered a week or so before it comes out, you will get your phone on or before release date. If you pre-order just before it's released, no promises made.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-08-2016 06:03 PM
    It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them.

How does that explain the change of ship date
    08-08-2016 06:05 PM
    Do they fill people's from earliest to later though? Just wondering how they do it. If I have to wait I have to wait. That's life but just wondering.
    It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them.

08-08-2016 06:08 PM
    Still just "Being Processed" on the My T-Mobile app here with no ship date at all. Ordered coral blue JOD on 8/3. Switched to the no down payment option the next day which I suspect may have cost me my place in line.
    08-08-2016 06:09 PM
    How does that explain the change of ship date
    Sorry, I updated my post, but the up and down release date means nothing this far out. It defaults depending how there automated systems order the phones from Samsung. It may jump around, but it means nothing. This employee seemed very knowledgeable, and hes been working there for many years according to him.

08-08-2016 06:10 PM
    Do they fill people's from earliest to later though? Just wondering how they do it. If I have to wait I have to wait. That's life but just wondering.
    If orders aren't filled sequentially I would be really surprised.
    08-08-2016 06:12 PM
    Still just "Being Processed" on the My T-Mobile app here with no ship date at all. Ordered coral blue JOD on 8/3. Switched to the no down payment option the next day which I suspect may have cost me my place in line.
    Yeah I think that might be it because I called in on the 5th to ask about the new zero down JOD plan and I was told I might lose my place in line. But he said since it's still so early I would probably still get it on launch day so I wouldn't worry..
    08-08-2016 06:13 PM
    It's not an exact "line" according to when you ordered. It's more of a grouping. Like if you ordered in the first 3 to 5 days yours get ordered first, but that doesnt mean that if ordered after you won't get your phone on time, it's just how it's ordered....if that makes sense. I peppered this guy with questions. He was cool about it though.

08-08-2016 06:14 PM
    Yep that helps. thanks
    It's not an exact "line" according to when you ordered. It's more of a grouping. Like if you ordered in the first 3 to 5 days yours get ordered first, but that doesnt mean that if ordered after you won't get your phone on time, it's just how it's ordered....if that makes sense. I peppered this guy with questions. He was cool about it though.

08-08-2016 06:16 PM
    I ordered the blue model. So far, my account still shows the original 8/18 - 8/19.

I think that all colors will be on time or early, regardless of their wacked-out system ETAs... Tell me this doesn't happen EVERY SINGLE TIME...
    08-08-2016 06:18 PM
    If orders aren't filled sequentially I would be really surprised.
    Believe me, I had friends order thier s7edges after me, and I got mine later than them. One of them ordered a week after me and still got it 2 days earlier. Drove me nuts.

08-08-2016 06:18 PM
    Sorry, I updated my post, but the up and down release date means nothing this far out. It defaults depending how there automated systems order the phones from Samsung. It may jump around, but it means nothing. This employee seemed very knowledgeable, and hes been working there for many years according to him.

The changing of the ETA literally means NOTHING this far out!! You couldn't be more correct... You actually got a rep that knew what they were talking about... This always happens... They always come early...
    08-08-2016 06:23 PM
    I remember getting my s7e early. Don't remember the dates changing though
    08-08-2016 06:25 PM
    The changing of the ETA literally means NOTHING this far out!! You couldn't be more correct... You actually got a rep that knew what they were talking about... This always happens... They always come early...
    I don't want to get anyone excited, but he said in his experience he wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing them ship by Monday. Hope he's right.

Siggystyle likes this.
    08-08-2016 06:27 PM
    Believe me, I had friends order thier s7edges after me, and I got mine later than them. One of them ordered a week after me and still got it 2 days earlier. Drove me nuts.

That might be the worst ordering system if that's the case.
    08-08-2016 06:28 PM
    That might be the worst ordering system if that's the case.
    I wanted to ring someone's neck! Almost stole my buddies phone. It's only fair!

08-08-2016 06:31 PM
    I hope you're right. The phone and Twitter reps I spoke to told me that right now the shipping dates are an estimate because the phones are just starting to arrive. They said that once they start processing people's orders it will most likely change back to the original ship date of 8-18 to 8-19 or possibly sooner.
    08-08-2016 06:32 PM
    I wanted to ring someone's neck! Almost stole my buddies phone. It's only fair!

I can understand batching to an extent but the batches should be by relatively small quantity or at most 1 day at a time. If they really batch 3-5 days at a time with no regard to order #, that's just pitiful.
    08-08-2016 06:35 PM
    I can understand batching to an extent but the batches should be by relatively small quantity or at most 1 day at a time. If they really batch 3-5 days at a time with no regard to order #, that's just pitiful.
    Save on Shipping costs? Thats my thinking.

08-08-2016 06:37 PM
4,818 ... 2728293031 ...