T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UN1QUEx

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
My buddy's blue got pushed out. I'm a black onyx order and my order still shows on time. A few others that have blue on Reddit have had theirs delayed too. Perhaps it is a blue color specific issue.

There is literally no point. Even phones bought in store can get the gifts after launch if they do it on time.

I can say if you pre-order in the first few days with T-Mobile you have a better shot at getting it before everybody else but for other carriers there really isn't a reason to pre-order in my opinion

I would just be pissed if I pre-ordered and I happened to go to a T-Mobile store and somebody was buying the Note 7 before I even received mine

Yeah this is stupid, if it doesn't work out I'll probably just go to the store release date and get it. Then just cancel my order when they ship it to me in September. Doesn't make sense.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I knew I should have gotten the black. Oh well, I'll get it when I get it. I'm sure the blue one won't be in stores on launch day if it's getting pushed back on preorders.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is stupid, if it doesn't work out I'll probably just go to the store release date and get it. Then just cancel my order when they ship it to me in September. Doesn't make sense.
I would bet if the blue really ends up backordered and you don't get it by launch, you won't be able to walk into a store and get it. My guess is every blue one will be for a preorder.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them. In other words, if you ordered a week or so before it comes out, you will get your phone on or before release date. If you pre-order just before it's released, no promises made.

Posted via the Android Central App

sincere11105

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them.

How does that explain the change of ship date

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Do they fill people's from earliest to later though? Just wondering how they do it. If I have to wait I have to wait. That's life but just wondering.
It was explained to me by a Tmobile employee that even if you were the first person in the world to pre order thier systems would show up that it's back ordered. It's just how their system works. It works as a "place holder" for each person ordering. At some point they take what's ordered and Samsung ships (usually early). He couldn't speak for other carriers, but that's how it works for them.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Still just "Being Processed" on the My T-Mobile app here with no ship date at all. Ordered coral blue JOD on 8/3. Switched to the no down payment option the next day which I suspect may have cost me my place in line.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
How does that explain the change of ship date

Sorry, I updated my post, but the up and down release date means nothing this far out. It defaults depending how there automated systems order the phones from Samsung. It may jump around, but it means nothing. This employee seemed very knowledgeable, and hes been working there for many years according to him.

UN1QUEx

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Still just "Being Processed" on the My T-Mobile app here with no ship date at all. Ordered coral blue JOD on 8/3. Switched to the no down payment option the next day which I suspect may have cost me my place in line.

Yeah I think that might be it because I called in on the 5th to ask about the new zero down JOD plan and I was told I might lose my place in line. But he said since it's still so early I would probably still get it on launch day so I wouldn't worry..

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Do they fill people's from earliest to later though? Just wondering how they do it. If I have to wait I have to wait. That's life but just wondering.

It's not an exact "line" according to when you ordered. It's more of a grouping. Like if you ordered in the first 3 to 5 days yours get ordered first, but that doesnt mean that if ordered after you won't get your phone on time, it's just how it's ordered....if that makes sense. I peppered this guy with questions. He was cool about it though.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yep that helps. :)thanks
It's not an exact "line" according to when you ordered. It's more of a grouping. Like if you ordered in the first 3 to 5 days yours get ordered first, but that doesnt mean that if ordered after you won't get your phone on time, it's just how it's ordered....if that makes sense. I peppered this guy with questions. He was cool about it though.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the blue model. So far, my account still shows the original 8/18 - 8/19.

I think that all colors will be on time or early, regardless of their wacked-out system ETAs... Tell me this doesn't happen EVERY SINGLE TIME...

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
If orders aren't filled sequentially I would be really surprised.

Believe me, I had friends order thier s7edges after me, and I got mine later than them. One of them ordered a week after me and still got it 2 days earlier. Drove me nuts.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I updated my post, but the up and down release date means nothing this far out. It defaults depending how there automated systems order the phones from Samsung. It may jump around, but it means nothing. This employee seemed very knowledgeable, and hes been working there for many years according to him.

The changing of the ETA literally means NOTHING this far out!! You couldn't be more correct... You actually got a rep that knew what they were talking about... This always happens... They always come early...

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
The changing of the ETA literally means NOTHING this far out!! You couldn't be more correct... You actually got a rep that knew what they were talking about... This always happens... They always come early...

I don't want to get anyone excited, but he said in his experience he wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing them ship by Monday. Hope he's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2