08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    OK so I know we've established that we shouldn't pay much attention to what tmo reps say but I still find their responses as of late very suggestive...

Posted via the Android Central App
    Haha nice convo....
    08-11-2016 07:35 PM
    Yeah they are still sticking with the 18th..
    Read between the lines. Why add any other statement after saying "they'll ship on the 18th" if that's the only possible scenario?

08-11-2016 07:37 PM
    Haha nice convo....
    What's it say? All I see is attached thumbnails, but no images and no links.
    08-11-2016 07:41 PM
    I would too buts its not really free. I still have to pay $10 a month for 24 months=$240 additional money on top of my high monthly bill...I'll pass.
    No you don't. T-mobile credits your acct the $10 a month for your device and you don't have to have a data plan. Means it's free. I only had to pay the $15 taxes. I'm giving my youngest son the gear fit for Christmas and the tablet to my oldest grandchild.
    08-11-2016 07:42 PM
    I hope you're right. Because I will definitely be the first person in line at the store close to my job if it gets delayed. I had like a sense of comfort when the shipping date was between the 18-19 because I knew at last I would get it by then. But now knowing nothing is really giving me anxiety.
    If it gets delayed, they still can't charge me until shipping then right?
    If it hasn't shipped by the 18th you won't be getting it the 19th. You could go into the store and if they have the one you want, get them to cancel your order then.
    08-11-2016 07:42 PM
    Well they cancelled the first one anyway. I never got the email to sign the EIP. When I called over the phone, the rep told me the order was cancelled because of that and that he couldn't redo it for me. He told me I could only go redo it in a store. I won't cancel it now and reorder because I don't trust that the device will get to me on time at this point even if I reorder another color. I would freak out if I did that and it pushed my date back even further. I think the safest thing to do is keep the order and go to the store that day in case they don't have one at least I'll still have that order in place. FML.
    No I wouldn't cancel before release date and made sure they had the phone I wanted if mine didn't come by release date. You could put yourself put further. Also if it comes on time and you want black instead, don't open it, take it to the store and exchange it.
    08-11-2016 07:46 PM
    What's it say? All I see is attached thumbnails, but no images and no links.
    That's weird, sorry!

When I asked when they'll ship she said:

"It sounds like you're as excited as I am to get your Note 7! As of right now, they are expected to be shipped out on 8/18. It will be a pleasant surprise if they ship out sooner though! "

Me: pleasant surprise, eh?? should there be a winkie face there??

Rep: "I would love to say yes, but my lips are sealed! You'll be the first to know once your phone ships out "
    gpatrick15 and Siggystyle like this.
    08-11-2016 07:47 PM
    Well they cancelled the first one anyway. I never got the email to sign the EIP. When I called over the phone, the rep told me the order was cancelled because of that and that he couldn't redo it for me. He told me I could only go redo it in a store. I won't cancel it now and reorder because I don't trust that the device will get to me on time at this point even if I reorder another color. I would freak out if I did that and it pushed my date back even further. I think the safest thing to do is keep the order and go to the store that day in case they don't have one at least I'll still have that order in place. FML.
    I had an issue too I tried ordering online on the 3rd and then ended up contacting my local store. She did it over the phone for me. Expecting it on time
    08-11-2016 07:55 PM
    No you don't. T-mobile credits your acct the $10 a month for your device and you don't have to have a data plan. Means it's free. I only had to pay the $15 taxes. I'm giving my youngest son the gear fit for Christmas and the tablet to my oldest grandchild.
    How do you get a free tablet from T-Mobile?
    08-11-2016 07:56 PM

Pocketnow unboxing

08-11-2016 07:57 PM
    Thanks. I'll call T-Mobile and find the details.

08-11-2016 07:59 PM
    Ok, the option isn't there with the mobile site. You will have to check "request desktop" and then the option is under "advanced".

There is an option on AC forums app though if you want to get that. It is the bottom left of the reply box.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...706d87b613.jpg
    Ok, gotcha. Thanks for looking into it. I'll just get the app to keep it simple.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-11-2016 08:12 PM

Pocketnow unboxing

Such a good looking phone spoilt by the ugly Verizon logo.
    08-11-2016 08:25 PM
    Does everyone remember when the release date for every carrier was different? The fact that they are all being released on the same day recently has to have an impact on Samsung having enough phones for launch for every carrier at the same time.
    08-11-2016 08:32 PM
    The note is only best if you need s pen. If not the s line. Gone are the days where the note was better. ****, look at the s7 and note 7. Only difference is s pen.
    Well, that plus the size of the screen and Gorilla Glass 5, and 32 gig more storage, and the ability to do custom themes, and the iris scanner.... but yeah, other than that, the same phone.

gogoplata1980 and Hoggles like this.
    08-11-2016 09:01 PM
    Does everyone remember when the release date for every carrier was different? The fact that they are all being released on the same day recently has to have an impact on Samsung having enough phones for launch for every carrier at the same time.
    That's long ago, all the latest flagship Samsung release are on same day across the four main US carriers.
    08-11-2016 09:02 PM
    I just talked to a customer service rep and he told me that indeed I have to pay the $10 data plan a month and after the 24 months its free. Not sure where you get they credit you the $10 a month.

08-11-2016 09:16 PM
    The YouTubers are starting to get the review units in. That's a good sign.
    08-11-2016 09:24 PM
    New gear for the new phone.
    Samsung Wireless Quick Charger
    Aukey 16000 mAh power bank
    Supcase armband case. {I'm going to have to return the case. The included strap is too small for my arm.}
    More to come.

Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information-21352.jpg  
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-11-2016 09:39 PM
    I just talked to a customer service rep and he told me that indeed I have to pay the $10 data plan a month and after the 24 months its free. Not sure where you get they credit you the $10 a month.

They do credit. I think they get commission if you leave it. When you get it change the data plan online to the $10 credit
    08-11-2016 09:45 PM
    It was offered if you pre ordered the note 7. On top of the Samsung offers. So I called today and said that wasn't offered the first day of pre orders so was I to late and they said no, as long as I had the pre order showing on my acct they would ship me the tablet. I paid $15 for the taxes and it should ship out tomorrow.
    08-11-2016 09:48 PM
    That's long ago, all the latest flagship Samsung release are on same day across the four main US carriers.
    I also mentioned this because someone stated something earlier about maybe Samsung clamping down on T-mobile shipping earlier. I think they always were a little earlier than everyone else, with Verizon always bringing up the rear. If they were staggered releases like they used to be, I am not sure there would be any issues having enough devices on hand for launch for every carrier.
    08-11-2016 09:48 PM
    You have to change the data plan to "data on demand" that means you only pay for data if you use it on T-mobile network LTE. You only pay for what you use. If you don't ever use it like that and just use wi-fi you don't pay anything.
    08-11-2016 09:53 PM
    They do credit. I think they get commission if you leave it. When you get it change the data plan online to the $10 credit
    How do you change it online to credit?

08-11-2016 10:01 PM
    You have to change the data plan to "data on demand" that means you only pay for data if you use it on T-mobile network LTE. You only pay for what you use. If you don't ever use it like that and just use wi-fi you don't pay anything.
    So if I use 500mb a month which us very little I'll only pay for that amount? I wonder how much that would be?

08-11-2016 10:04 PM
4,818 ... 6263646566 ...