08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    This post is in regards to the tablet offer people have mentioned. I just got done with a chat and was told I would have to cancel my 8/3 pre-order and order again as the promotion didn't start until 8/5 which I didn't do. The rep stated that in the terms of the promotion both the phone and tablet have to be purchased at the same time and you have to sign up for a minimum 1GB data plan for the tablet. I asked if I could later change the data plan do the Data On Demand to truly make the tablet free and he said no and that it is clearly stated in the terms of the promotion and if you accept the offer you are agreeing to the terms of the promotion. He sent me to this page: Samsung Phone Deals | Samsung Phone & Tablet Offer | T-Mobile If you to to the very bottom there is a "Questions about Samsung offers?" section, click on the "What is this Samsung Tab E / Tab A on Us promotion?" section for all the details. I know one member said they got the rep to add the tablet even though they didn't purchase them at the same time so it may be hit or miss on the rep you get. As far as the data package is concerned, it's pretty clear that you are agreeing to the terms so not sure you will be able to get away with changing it to Data On Demand. Only reason I say that is T-Mobile has to make some money back on the tablet so it would make sense. Anyways, just thought I'd share. I already have a Samsung tablet but who would pass up on a free one!
    I was able to select On Demand just fine.
    08-12-2016 01:29 PM
    I'm not the only one that hasn't been charged yet, right? =(

P.S. Never been so sad not to not have money taken from me yet
    You have to remember not every bank is the same on how they post (pending) or general transactions. Some post second it comes through, some dont post till it clears. Likening said mine showed a transaction for nothing a (hold) then dropped it today with an actual charge.
    08-12-2016 01:29 PM
    so this is the first time I preordering a phone. Did we need to buy a new sim card or do we use our one from our currant note phone?
    It'll come with a SIM kit. No worries.
    08-12-2016 01:30 PM
    According to the reps I talked to, you can choose on demand but you won't get the tablet for free because you no longer meet the specifications.
    08-12-2016 01:32 PM
    nothing here
    I'll tell you again,

Will it ship today : Yes
    Will you receive tomorrow: No
    Will you receive Monday: Yes
    Hopefully
    08-12-2016 01:34 PM
    You may have been able to select it but it doesn't mean T-mobile can't reverse it and charge you since it was in the terms of the promotion. They may or may not but they would have every right to.
    08-12-2016 01:34 PM
    Still no updates for JOD'ers?
    Well I'm a JOD'er and I was charged, which is the same amount of an update as everyone else.
    Thegreatone3 likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:37 PM
    Still no updates for JOD'ers?
    I was on the phone w a rep just now, she said $0 down will not be charged anything on cc, and she said only indication would be email/text with tracking number. Also confirmed shipping process started!
    Thegreatone3 and Ashley03cali like this.
    08-12-2016 01:38 PM
    You may have been able to select it but it doesn't mean T-mobile can't reverse it and charge you since it was in the terms of the promotion. They may or may not but they would have every right to.
    Now you guys got me wondering. You are right about the terms. Let me open my laptop and find the different terms stated in the chats.

08-12-2016 01:39 PM
    I just checked the status of my JOD order on Twitter and the rep says mines is ready to fulfill, and according to the rep if I had put down a payment, I'd have been charged! JOD customers, I advise you to reach out and check your status with customer care.
    Thegreatone3 likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:41 PM
    I just checked the status of my JOD order on Twitter and the rep says mines is ready to fulfill, and according to the rep if I had put down a payment, I'd have been charged! JOD customers, I advise you to reach out and check your status with customer care.
    Yeah, I'm JOD, and I put the $70 deposit down and I was charged earlier.
    08-12-2016 01:45 PM
    Ppl calm down. Charges do not just all drop at once. The world would crash. And again your bank may just not show it right away. As stated before they do it in batches. Order of prepared shipments. (Not saying different day shipments) just different shipments for what's being worked atm. Relax, breathe, as of right now, it seems ALL preorder are being filled as expected.
    EMGSM likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:49 PM
    Ppl calm down. Charges do not just all drop at once. The world would crash. And again your bank may just not show it right away. As stated before they do it in batches. Order of prepared shipments. (Not saying different day shipments) just different shipments for what's being worked atm. Relax, breathe, as of right now, it seems ALL preorder are being filled as expected.
    Good, you seem to have all the answers. For the record, my post was in reference to people who didn't put down a payment, such as myself and plenty of other users on jump on demand. My bank doesn't show it because I didn't pay. So I think you're the one who should relax and breathe. All I was doing was spreading new information to those who may have needed it.
    briwil, despar49 and Alabamagirl18 like this.
    08-12-2016 01:52 PM
    Tmobile just charged my card, hopefully a weekend delivery or even early next week would be lovely
    EMGSM likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:56 PM
    Can anyone confirm usps or ups mailing? Has anyone asked customer care or spoke with a rep that can confirm this?
    08-12-2016 02:00 PM
    Yup, confined my blue note 7s have been charged.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2016 02:01 PM
    Tmobile got sick of us complaining lol ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚
    08-12-2016 02:02 PM
    Yall got my email blowing up like crazy ๐Ÿ˜‚
    08-12-2016 02:04 PM
    Can anyone confirm usps or ups mailing? Has anyone asked customer care or spoke with a rep that can confirm this?
    UPS Confirmed
    08-12-2016 02:04 PM
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
    It'll come with a SIM kit. No worries.
    08-12-2016 02:07 PM
    Has anyone who ordered on 8/7 been charged yet?
    08-12-2016 02:07 PM
    According to the reps I talked to, you can choose on demand but you won't get the tablet for free because you no longer meet the specifications.
    Here are snippets of the conversation I had with the rep:

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information-capture-2.jpgT-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information-capture.jpg

This conversation is dated 8/10 even though I signed for my phone on 8/6. The rep did not say at all that I had to do the Tablet purchase on the same day I purchased the phone. Also, he did not say that by getting On Demand, I would be breaking terms (even though today I saw that the written terms require a higher plan). This conversation was with Brandon on the 10th, when I ended up actually purchasing the tablet (I ended up paying about $40 for the sim and taxes). I had a PREVIOUS conversation regarding the SAME configuration with another rep, which I also saved, where he promised my tablet would be FREE even though the plan would be On Demand.

I'm not trying to push my point here you guys because you did bring to my attention and got me reading the Offer Terms. I guess if things go badly and I can't dispute using the chat transcripts I will either:

a) end up paying a total of $10 a month for basic data service (with unlimited netflix via bingeon, which is what I want the tablet for). In this case, I wouldn't have to bother sharing my Hotspot to the tablet as I had originally planned. Saves battery on my phone.

Or...

b) end up paying a total of $10 a month for the tablet as punishment for being on the On Demand data plan, and using my tablet with my Hotspot as I had originally planned. I think the possible outcome A has more value to me than this due to BingeOn.

Either way I do need the tablet, so let's see what happens.
    08-12-2016 02:08 PM
    I'm jump on demand and they charged my account.
    08-12-2016 02:08 PM
4,818 ... 7475767778 ...