08-15-2016 03:50 PM
4,818 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    the 10 dollar data plan is 2gb i believe you have to have at least 3gb plan for unlimited netflix or other unlimited binge on partners.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The plan states that it includes BingeOn even though the 3GB requirement appears in the BingeOn page.

That's funny, this plan also returns a $10 credit if you have a current voice line. It's actually a world better than the zero data On Demand that costs the same. Ahhhhh
    08-12-2016 02:55 PM
    Well that's obvious !!! Lol

Even if shipping label gets created that we wont get the phones till Monday at the earliest
    I've gotten preorder on sat/sun. Either way, I don't care. I'm more interested in when roots and roms drop
    08-12-2016 02:57 PM
    Why people still asking reps..THEY not going to tell you they shipping early..And i like how we have so called t-mo "not" workers in here thinking they know the shipping dates...The phones will ship when they do stop guessing..Glad we got charged today tho
    bhatech and importcraz like this.

T-Mobile charged me. Somethings happening.
    Hoggles likes this.
    I decided to preorder one today instead of going into the store Friday. As long as I get it on or before Thursday, I'll be happy. They're not back ordered yet, so I'm assuming they have plenty stock. I preordered my Note 5 super late as well and still got it the same day everyone else did. The Note 5 said it was back ordered almost right after preorders started.
    08-12-2016 02:58 PM
    I just got off the phone with a very friendly and helpful TMo rep. Since I ordered on 8/8 (after the tab promo start) she could just add the tablet to my existing pre-order; no need to cancel/reorder.

Here's my understanding of the deal:
    - I would pay the full price of the tablet today plus tax
    - over the next 2 years they credit my bill for 1/24th of the cost - $13.34 for the tab A, $10 for the tab E
    - At the end of two years they have paid me back the cost of the tablet minus tax
    - I would have to add a new line which for me is $10/month.
    - Since I have no need for mobile data on the tablet (tethering to my phone works fine), the net "cost" of the tablet to me is $10/month x 24 months = $240, which is about $80 less than the purchase price (of the tab E).

So in my opinion, this deal is only good if you need a tablet on mobile data. Otherwise you aren't saving much ($80). And I would argue that in 2 years the value of the tablet will be pretty low since there will be newer models available but I'd still be "paying" for the tablet by keeping the line active. If I were to cancel the line they stop crediting my bill so I end up buying it either way.

(edit: I suppose if you were buying the Tab A it does end up being effectively free. The $10/month over 2 years for the extra line exactly equals their full price. Although Amazon sells them for $190 so...)

The rep looked for loopholes to get around the added line thing but couldn't find one. If someone has written evidence that you could cancel the line early or switch to a cheaper option I'd love to see it. Otherwise I'll, sadly, have to pass.
    I bought the tablet in the 10th, did not pay $240. Why on earth would you pay $240 up front on a "free" tablet?
    08-12-2016 03:01 PM
    I decided to preorder one today instead of going into the store Friday. As long as I get it on or before Thursday, I'll be happy. They're not back ordered yet, so I'm assuming they have plenty stock. I preordered my Note 5 super late as well and still got it the same day everyone else did. The Note 5 said it was back ordered almost right after preorders started.
    Some times I think tmo, does that to drive preorder up. For they samsung loyals, or just the platform jumpers. Cause a lil frenzy, get sales to climb. You know ppl are easily manipulated.
    Tmobile's website states that you will be charged when your device ships. Reference: https://www.t-mobile.com/offer/preorder_modal.modal.html
    I think we'll see some shipments today, regardless of what the reps are saying.
    People just need to follow the facts and stop asking reps anything. The cards are being charged today.
    This is the first step. Many people have been down this road several times. The reps are all over the place.
    I wouldn't put any trust in ANY of them.
    08-12-2016 03:04 PM
    People just need to follow the facts and stop asking reps anything. The cards are being charged today.
    This is the first step. Many people have been down this road several times. The reps are all over the place.
    I wouldn't put any trust in ANY of them.
    I've never preordered anything so I've never been through this before. Always just get the devices after they've come out lol. I admit it's kind of fun to anticipate it.
    Thorby, importcraz and networkdood like this.
    08-12-2016 03:05 PM
    Look how much ppl been flipping over the order status ship date changing. Even though us old heads, have told them time and time again, that it doesn't matter. And most times not even worth looking at. Yet, here we are with 20 pages og my shipment est. Has changed, oh wait it changed back, oh noooo it says Sept.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-12-2016 03:05 PM
    Ahh ch--it, I got screwed.

On my order, they made the mistake of charging me $14.99 for usps priority. When I saw that I called in, and they gave me a $14.99 credit and told me they would change it to overnight ups.

They didn't. So when my card was charged, I looked, and there was that blasted usps priority shipping again. I called back fuming. I told them they would have to give me ANOTHER $14.99 credit or immediately change it to ups overnight without redoing my order. They couldn't change it, so they gave me another $14.99 credit, so when others are being shipped overnight, my Note 7 is taking the slow boat to China on 3 day usps .......grrrrrrrrr.

A lot of peeps will get their Note 7 Monday or Tuesday.. Mine will be Wednesday or Thursday..grrrrrr
    08-12-2016 03:07 PM
    I do not remember this much anticipation around my HTC TILT 8925 or the Samsung Captivate.. lmao
    08-12-2016 03:07 PM
    I've never preordered anything so I've never been through this before. Always just get the devices after they've come out lol. I admit it's kind of fun to anticipate it.
    It is, it really is. But in the same aspect, it'll eat a hole in your stomach. The whole point of these forums/ post is for info, especially from ppl who have been down this road a few times. Get one in the bag, and it's a 1000xs easier.
    08-12-2016 03:08 PM
    I do not remember this much anticipation around my HTC TILT 8925 or the Samsung Captivate.. lmao
    I remember the hype around the RAZR though....
    networkdood likes this.
    08-12-2016 03:09 PM
    Wonder why😂
    networkdood and bhatech like this.
    08-12-2016 03:10 PM
    Which one? The og or remake?
    networkdood likes this.
    08-12-2016 03:10 PM
    If I'm lucky enough for my order to actually get loaded on a plane tonight and headed my direction, I'll be requesting a hold at the UPS customer care center. They are open 10am to 1pm tomorrow.
    Is this really an option? I've never done that before. If I can request to pick it up tomorrow then I'm all over that.
    08-12-2016 03:11 PM
    Maybe we'll enjoy our phone that much more when finally get it. Like a climax.
    networkdood likes this.
    Which one? The og or remake?
    OG of course, does anyone even care about the remake?
    networkdood likes this.
    I appreciate this. I assume youve already ordered your tab. Any idea why the reps have been telling me that I need my note 7 in hand before I can get the free tablet?
    They probably think you are speaking of a different promo (aka they don't know their own promos)
    OG of course, does anyone even care about the remake?
    No, not really😂
    08-12-2016 03:12 PM
    Ahh ch--it, I got screwed.

On my order, they made the mistake of charging me $14.99 for usps priority. When I saw that I called in, and they gave me a $14.99 credit and told me they would change it to overnight ups.

They didn't. So when my card was charged, I looked, and there was that blasted usps priority shipping again. I called back fuming. I told them they would have to give me ANOTHER $14.99 credit or immediately change it to ups overnight without redoing my order. They couldn't change it, so they gave me another $14.99 credit, so when others are being shipped overnight, my Note 7 is taking the slow boat to China on 3 day usps .......grrrrrrrrr.

A lot of peeps will get their Note 7 Monday or Tuesday.. Mine will be Wednesday or Thursday..grrrrrr
    I feel your pain same thing happened to me when I ordered the note 5 I was half asleep on the first day orders started and I had a cheap laptop that would take forever to load a page and I guess I accidentally hit the free 6-7 day shipping method even if overnight was free and they couldn't do anything to help me once I had ordered it so while everybody was enjoying the early arrival of their Note 5 I was waiting for it to come through snail mail.

Posted via the Android Central App
    importcraz and CehowardNote7 like this.
    08-12-2016 03:13 PM
    USPS, is that priority mail?
    Is this really an option? I've never done that before. If I can request to pick it up tomorrow then I'm all over that.
    Yes, just sign up for ups acct.
4,818 ... 7778798081 ...