T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Took a while to get the e-mail. I placed my order shortly after you did last night and just got the e-mail a few minutes ago. If you log into your T-Mobile account, are you able to see the order?
Nope, when I click on order status, it doesn't show anything.

I just received a reply back from them on Twitter and they are saying something prevented the order from fully processing and they are calling me now. I'm not pleased.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Now the question is ... Will T-Mobile do the ship out early thing they normally do? I won't be mad if they don't since they don't have to release till the said date but from their track record they usually try and get them to people early.

Past 2 or 3 Galaxy releases have been shipped early. Let's hope that trend continues.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
After seeing your guys post I called in again this morning and sure enough, the rep I got last night was misinformed and I don't have to pay the full price up front. I'm on Jump on Demand and just got an order placed, had to pay $76.64, I'll have to check my bill regarding the additional $20 service fee. The rep said I have 14 days once I received my Note7 to go to my local store and turn in my Note5, also they are still quoting 8-18 to 8-19 for receiving the phone. I called 611 from my phone this time instead of the 877 number on their website, I was only on the phone for about a total of 15 minutes.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, when I click on order status, it doesn't show anything.

I just received a reply back from them on Twitter and they are saying something prevented the order from fully processing and they are calling me now. I'm not pleased.

Yikes, that's not good. Hope you're able to get it sorted out.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
After seeing your guys post I called in again this morning and sure enough, the rep I got last night was misinformed and I don't have to pay the full price up front. I'm on Jump on Demand and just got an order placed, had to pay $76.64, I'll have to check my bill regarding the additional $20 service fee. The rep said I have 14 days once I received my Note7 to go to my local store and turn in my Note5, also they are still quoting 8-18 to 8-19 for receiving the phone. I called 611 from my phone this time instead of the 877 number on their website, I was only on the phone for about a total of 15 minutes.

I don't think there should be a service fee. I paid 69.99 downpayment and 51 dollars tax. That is it. Then 32 dollars and some change for monthly payments. I have jump 1 though. Not jod. But that still does not sound right. Call back.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got off the phone with T-Mobile and because this phone is a pre-order you have to pay the full price of the phone up front. I explained that I'm on the Jump on Demand program and he informed me that only way that will work is to wait until the device is in the store as I will have to turn in my current phone (Note5) at the same time. A little irritating but I get it, they need to get my Note5 back in order to give me the minimum out of pocket... guess I'm going to be at the store the 19th and hope they had extras delivered.

Also, I signed up with T-Mobile last November and the way the Jump on Demand was explained to me is I can have 3 different phones within a year and basically I walk out only paying the sales tax on the full price of the phone so around $90 + regular tax which brings you to a little bit over $100. The rep warned me that the $0 down only applied to basically give away phones that they have specials on. I like to get a new phone about once a year so the Jump on Demand program was right for me instead of shelling out $900+ and then trying to sell it myself later on. I'm guessing I'll have the $90+ jump fee and the $70 down but I kind of expected that.

Crap like this is why i'm fed up with tmobile. I called them as soon as the phone was available and the rep told me the same exact thing. It took an hour and a half to find someone who knew what they were doing. I get frustrated knowing more information about a product than the employees.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that my "due today" amount is $79.98 instead of the advertised $69.99 down payment amount... My credit is excellent, so I have no idea why this amount is higher. I guess it's something else to complain about to T-Mobile if this does happen to be wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/mAbUril.png

Still trying to get this stupid "assisted services" fee removed.

The $79.98 was apparently an error on T-Mobile's end. A $10 bill credit will be issued. Still trying to have the $20 "assisted services" fee reduced... Just seeing that on my account screen is anger inducing.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow just being on EIP is so much smoother, get in online and out couple of minutes to order when it went live. Every launch I see similar issues with the JOD. Definitely T-Mobile doesn't care about it or they want you to get off JOD. Otherwise I can't get the rationale between the same problems every launch with JOD.

la9ers

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
was able to place my pre order over the phone this morning with my JOD program. Paid 75.59 and was told payments would be 33.50 per month. Now i received an e-mail to sign the agreement but it states a different cost per month of 36.18. can someone confirm what they are getting? thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow just being on EIP is so much smoother, get in online and out couple of minutes to order when it went live. Every launch I see similar issues with the JOD. Definitely T-Mobile doesn't care about it or they want you to get off JOD. Otherwise I can't get the rationale between the same problems every launch with JOD.

Same. Ordered two of them within 5-8 minutes online without hassle. Both on EIP.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is your card charged immediately or is it a freeze /hold to T-Mobile and therefore your funds are frozen and not accessible to you??

Posted via the Android Central App

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Is your card charged immediately or is it a freeze /hold to T-Mobile and therefore your funds are frozen and not accessible to you??

I currently don't have any pending transactions. I don't think they charge you until the device ships.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
was able to place my pre order over the phone this morning with my JOD program. Paid 75.59 and was told payments would be 33.50 per month. Now i received an e-mail to sign the agreement but it states a different cost per month of 36.18. can someone confirm what they are getting? thanks.
That's the amount with sales tax added in.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have an immediate charge or a pending /hold on their card for the Note 7 amount?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yikes, that's not good. Hope you're able to get it sorted out.
Thanks. Within 2 minutes of talking to the rep a little while ago I had an EIP email, signed it and already have the signed EIP email and order confirmation email. And now the order shows in my account. Seems its good to go now.

Now the question is... How many spots in the order process did that cost me and will that effect my delivery window? I guess time will tell.

The most irritating part is I spent an hour getting the order done over Twitter DM, which was fine, I was just watching TV and playing on my phone. But about 2 hours after the order was placed last night I woke up and noticed I didn't have any emails from T-Mobile. So I sent a quick DM and was told the system was just busy and I should have the emails by morning. Nope, there was something wrong with the order and they should have caught that last night.

This is my first Jump upgrade since being a customer for only 8 months and I'm not impressed. The Upgrade button that should have been in my account last night so I could just do it online wasn't there. But guess what? It's there now... After I placed my order.

And this ordering inconvenience comes on the heels of spending my first 4 months as a customer trying to get an issue fixed in the MyTmobile account. Over 100 days for them to fix that. And no less than 20 follow ups from me to get it done.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is correct. I'm working with Care via Twitter DM right now to order on JoD. I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, with JoD , you don't pay sales tax up front. It's paid monthly on your bill.

you pay the sales tax upfront at sprint

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Question about buying, ordering Note 7 from Tmobile, etc

I'm reading the fine print and if I'm correct of I order or buy the phone in the store between 8/3 and 8/28 I can get the offer for the free watch correct? doesn't matter if I order it or buy it directly from the store when it comes out.

Also when you buy this does it have to be a newly activated line or can it be the same line, number but just buying the new phone?

It looks like the redemptionis done through Samsung, not the mobile phone provider.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Question about buying, ordering Note 7 from Tmobile, etc

I'm reading the fine print and if I'm correct of I order or buy the phone in the store between 8/3 and 8/28 I can get the offer for the free watch correct? doesn't matter if I order it or buy it directly from the store when it comes out.

Also when you buy this does it have to be a newly activated line or can it be the same line, number but just buying the new phone?

It looks like the redemptionis done through Samsung, not the mobile phone provider.

1) Correct. It doesn't matter if you purchase online or in the store, you will be eligible for the promotion.

2) It doesn't have to be a newly activated line. You can purchase the phone full price if you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.