T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Crap like this is why i'm fed up with tmobile. I called them as soon as the phone was available and the rep told me the same exact thing. It took an hour and a half to find someone who knew what they were doing. I get frustrated knowing more information about a product than the employees.

Ignore that post, turned out it was a misinformed rep. I phoned this morning and only had to pay $76 for the JOD fee. Last night I used the 877 number on the T-Mobile website, this morning I called 611 from my phone, I'd recommend the 611 as they seemed to know exactly what to do where as the rep last night at the 877 number had to keep putting me on hold to look stuff up. In his defense I called a few minutes before 9 so I may have been his first call regarding the Note7 pre-order and he may not have been up to speed.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Everyone needs to get off the tmobile website. (Kind of joking)
It's locked up each time I've tried it. This time it got to the cart again. But then said "unavailable... please try again later..." :mad:
It's not showing anything in my cart and I have no text from them confirming an order, so I'm sure it didn't go through. Maybe I'll try again and if not, just go to the store after work. There are a ton of little stores by where I live. I have about 5 options.

Ignore that post, turned out it was a misinformed rep. I phoned this morning and only had to pay $76 for the JOD fee. Last night I used the 877 number on the T-Mobile website, this morning I called 611 from my phone, I'd recommend the 611 as they seemed to know exactly what to do where as the rep last night at the 877 number had to keep putting me on hold to look stuff up. In his defense I called a few minutes before 9 so I may have been his first call regarding the Note7 pre-order and he may not have been up to speed.

Thanks! I'll try the 611 number at lunch and see what happens.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Everyone needs to get off the tmobile website. (Kind of joking)
It's locked up each time I've tried it. This time it got to the cart again. But then said "unavailable... please try again later..." :mad:
It's not showing anything in my cart and I have no text from them confirming an order, so I'm sure it didn't go through. Maybe I'll try again and if not, just go to the store after work. There are a ton of little stores by where I live. I have about 5 options.

I'm currently having trouble trying to access my general account page. Keeps timing out.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
What are the shipping dates as of now? Thinking about pre-order

Posted via the Android Central App

I phoned in my order about 1.5 hours ago and she stated 8-18 to 8-19 with free overnight shipping so it doesn't look like the initial dates have changed yet.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There were no leaks. Only rumors. It's never good to base expectations on rumors.

Quoted for emphasis... "leaks" are often just rumors or straight up conjecture... Good rule of thumb is that if a leak comes out that completely contradicts most of the other leaks that have been floating around, it is often a complete fabrication. And even those 'multiple sources' leaks, those multiple sources may very well have come from a common source... this is a surprisingly small community and its pretty easy for a single rumor to blossom into a big story.

I saw some of these rumors of a 4000mah battery and 823 SoC, etc... but after a little bit of looking, I tossed them aside because they didn't add up... Samsung isn't going to use a processor that wasn't readily available by the time final fabrication was ready to roll.. these things aren't designed and built overnight and Samsung isn't the type to just throw caution to the wind and overhaul production at the last minute. They have to build a TON of Note 7's and changing from the 820 to the 821, even though it was a minor update to the processor (it is, you wouldn't notice a difference between the two), would have delayed shipment by a significant amount of time. Seeing as the 820 is an excellent chipset, there was no incentive for Samsung to mess that up.

As for the battery.... I didn't see it going the 4000mah route. I figured that it would be no bigger than the lump in the S7E based on the fact that I assumed the Note 7 would come in at the same size as the Note 5... 5.7" screen, overall dimensions, etc... Samsung doesn't do 'big' changes all that often. So they were building a 5.7" phone with tight bezels, a thin profile AND they had to make sure there was room in the chassis for the S-Pen and its cradle. Unless Samsung licensed the TARDIS from Gallifrey, they weren't going to be able to mash another 500mah into that tiny space.

So.. .long story short... never trust leaks or pen your hopes on them.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There were no leaks. Only rumors.

It's never good to base expectations on rumors.

The Note 7 is a beast for sure though.
Whatever all the rumors/leaks were true. There wasn't a single thing in the final product we didn't know already. There is no hiding these days before a phone is released.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You must not have been paying attention to all of the leaks then.
Probably that's you following some crappy leaks lol... All the trusted sources got everything bang on.

There was even a thread here people going mad over the rumored 3500 mAh battery which is less than S7 edge and only 4 GB RAM same as S7 edge. Just search.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Probably that's you following some crappy leaks lol... All the trusted sources got everything bang on.

There was even a thread here people going mad over the rumored 3500 mAh battery which is less than S7 edge and only 4 GB RAM same as S7 edge. Just search.
You need to read more of this thread.

People are disappointed because the Note 7 didn't live up to some of the "leaks". So direct your...whatever it is...at those people lol.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The $79.98 was apparently an error on T-Mobile's end. A $10 bill credit will be issued. Still trying to have the $20 "assisted services" fee reduced... Just seeing that on my account screen is anger inducing.
I read about the new fee last month. It supposedly doesn't apply to JOD though.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You need to read more of this thread.

People are disappointed because the Note 7 didn't live up to some of the "leaks". So direct your...whatever it is...at those people lol.
That's because not everyone follows every leaks and know what to trust etc.. Can't help for those people. Whoever is active in this forum definitely knew what to expect more or less. Last reply... Have a good day!!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't ask any rep when they're shipping. They will all say the same thing. Just be pleasantly surprised when you get yours early. I would think they will ship some earlier just to make sure they get them all delivered on or before 8/19.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's because not everyone follows every leaks and know what to trust etc.. Can't help for those people. Whoever is active in this forum definitely knew what to expect more or less. Last reply... Have a good day!!
Not everyone active in the forum knew what to expect. ;)

9295b59918081fc4cdd4469e79bc1cb7.jpg

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
That's my issue. I had two misinformed reps and that's unacceptable to me for any company. Too many people not knowing what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.