T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

magia21

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I checked almost immediately after I submitted my order and the amount of 69.99 was taken out. This morning it had dropped off.

Oh good I have bank of America and I wonder if different banks process different

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Quoted for emphasis... "leaks" are often just rumors or straight up conjecture... Good rule of thumb is that if a leak comes out that completely contradicts most of the other leaks that have been floating around, it is often a complete fabrication. And even those 'multiple sources' leaks, those multiple sources may very well have come from a common source... this is a surprisingly small community and its pretty easy for a single rumor to blossom into a big story.

I saw some of these rumors of a 4000mah battery and 823 SoC, etc... but after a little bit of looking, I tossed them aside because they didn't add up... Samsung isn't going to use a processor that wasn't readily available by the time final fabrication was ready to roll.. these things aren't designed and built overnight and Samsung isn't the type to just throw caution to the wind and overhaul production at the last minute. They have to build a TON of Note 7's and changing from the 820 to the 821, even though it was a minor update to the processor (it is, you wouldn't notice a difference between the two), would have delayed shipment by a significant amount of time. Seeing as the 820 is an excellent chipset, there was no incentive for Samsung to mess that up.

As for the battery.... I didn't see it going the 4000mah route. I figured that it would be no bigger than the lump in the S7E based on the fact that I assumed the Note 7 would come in at the same size as the Note 5... 5.7" screen, overall dimensions, etc... Samsung doesn't do 'big' changes all that often. So they were building a 5.7" phone with tight bezels, a thin profile AND they had to make sure there was room in the chassis for the S-Pen and its cradle. Unless Samsung licensed the TARDIS from Gallifrey, they weren't going to be able to mash another 500mah into that tiny space.

So.. .long story short... never trust leaks or pen your hopes on them.
Yet it IS using Gorilla Glass 5 which is also new. There was no way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I finally got thru to T Mobile. I ordered the black . Charged me $150! When I asked why, she stated that's in addition to the $70 down payment. That's my states(Florida)taxes and fees!! Damn!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably that's you following some crappy leaks lol... All the trusted sources got everything bang on.

There was even a thread here people going mad over the rumored 3500 mAh battery which is less than S7 edge and only 4 GB RAM same as S7 edge. Just search.
And several in that thread cautioned it might not be true. This is a pointless and moot discussion and should be dropped. We know now. If you know the "trusted" vs not to be read rumors then I tip my hat. Many of us do not.

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Eh? I'm in North FL too....Mine was $69.99 down and $59.50 tax, free overnight shipping. Total $129.49.

Oops. I forgot that I had to get some charges changed:
mAbUril.png

The $20 "assisted services" fee was removed and the added $9.98 to the down payment was fixed. Total is $130.89, so practically the same.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Through T-Mobile JUMP, I paid $137.83. I ordered via phone and chose not to turn in my current device due to a small crack on the screen. I did not want to file an insurance claim. I will instead keep my Note 5 as a backup device. The representative said I was paying the $70 down plus tax, assistance fee, and SIM card fee. When asking if I could pay less online or in store, he kept saying that was my price period. I paid it, but not super happy about it. Trying to focus on the excitement of receiving the phone instead. :)

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Through T-Mobile JUMP, I paid $137.83. I ordered via phone and chose not to turn in my current device due to a small crack on the screen. I did not want to file an insurance claim. I will instead keep my Note 5 as a backup device. The representative said I was paying the $70 down plus tax, assistance fee, and SIM card fee. When asking if I could pay less online or in store, he kept saying that was my price period. I paid it, but not super happy about it. Trying to focus on the excitement of receiving the phone instead. :)
If there is a Samsung store near you, they will repair your screen for free.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I called. They wanted me to pay $226.26 upfront. $146.67 was the down payment because of my credit card or something like that. The lady wasn't even sure. She kept going about the amounts and getting it mixed up. Um no. Maybe I'll try when it's in the store or just skip it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I called. They wanted me to pay $226.26 upfront. $146.67 was the down payment because of my credit card or something like that. The lady wasn't even sure. She kept going about the amounts and getting it mixed up. Um no. Maybe I'll try when it's in the store or just skip it.

Posted via the *Note 5*
Your best best for accurate info and help is the Care team via DM on Twitter.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine through the phone last night as I am JOD customer. Inquired via live chat about status today since I couldn't look it up on my tmobile nor via check order status on tmobile.com. Says my status is on backorder. Gonna call later and check again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed