T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
However, starting tomorrow....all jod customers dont have to pay anything up front....i just wanted to hopefully get mine sooner. Who knows rho.

Posted via the Android Central App

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I used jump 1 to jump. I was eligable for a jump. What does this mean.

A quote of $ was accepted for your jump redemtion. Please send your device? The dollar sign is for the amout but I didn't put what the price was in this post. I just don't understand this text?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
However, starting tomorrow....all jod customers dont have to pay anything up front....i just wanted to hopefully get mine sooner. Who knows rho.

I called and asked this and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. According to her, everyone starts with the down payment even on Jump.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I called and asked this and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. According to her, everyone starts with the down payment even on Jump.
I never call. If you DM them on Twitter, they will give you the correct info. Starting tomorrow, no down payment on JoD. But if you have already ordered, you have to cancel and reorder and lose your order position. Whether that would effect anything when it comes to shipping, who knows. But I'm not risking it. I wasn't happy about the down payment but I counted the money as gone. If I want to recoup it, I'll sell the 256gb card when I get it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
With respect, you keep saying there's "no difference"....when obviously, that's 100% incorrect.

They are similar, of course. No difference, of course not. That's just being a little dramatic, don't ya think ;)

Gorilla Glass 5, USB-C, S-Pen, larger display, the curve of the edge is half the slope/size as the S7, tons of new software features etc etc.

Call me crazy....there's a difference between the S7's and Note7.

Every single hands on review points out all of these differences.

This guy gets it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I never call. If you DM them on Twitter, they will give you the correct info. Starting tomorrow, no down payment on JoD. But if you have already ordered, you have to cancel and reorder and lose your order position. Whether that would effect anything when it comes to shipping, who knows. But I'm not risking it. I wasn't happy about the down payment but I counted the money as gone. If I want to recoup it, I'll sell the 256gb card when I get it.

I called back and got a bill credit instead.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
But wouldn't that make the eip monthly payments higher?

Yeah, no down payment would make the payments about $4/month higher. So it would take 18 months, or the full lease, to cover the down payment. On JoD, most people probably don't keep their devices for 18 months, so paying a down payment costs more when you switch phones before 18 months.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
But wouldn't that make the eip monthly payments higher?

No. Because she adjusted it as a customer service gesture. It's not linked up to my down payment which is still in place. I still paid the 69.99 and will be charged once it shipped. I just asked for a credit instead of having to refund and reorder with no down. She was totally fine with that.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, no down payment would make the payments about $4/month higher. So it would take 18 months, or the full lease, to cover the down payment. On JoD, most people probably don't keep their devices for 18 months, so paying a down payment costs more when you switch phones before 18 months.

And I'm not on jump on demand. I'm regular jump. I found it better than on demand

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I can't see my JOD order online, but I have an order number from Customer Care.

For anyone that upgraded through JOD, did you have to electronically sign anything after you ordered?? Did you get an email confirmation of your order?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, whatever you do....do not cancel and reorder. You'll probably get put on back order like many people did with the S7's, when they tried that.

February 27th, I ordered my S7 Edge. March 2, I went on the T-Mobile site and it showed they had some in stock and if I chose overnight, it would be here the next day. I ordered that second phone, it got delivered the next day. I called T-Mobile to cancel the first phone and they said they would cancel it. They never did. I got that second phone three days later and I ended up keeping it as well.

I would be very cautious about ordering a second phone and expecting T-Mobile to do the right thing and actually cancel the first order. They even admitted they had no idea why I was able to order a second phone days after the original pre-order and get it overnighted when it took over a week to get the original pre-order.

T-Mobiles shipping system was all messed up back then. People who ordered weeks later got theirs way before people who ordered on day on the pre-order date. I have no doubt it will be this way as well.

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you will get an email asking you to electrinically sign the new EIP agreement on a laptop...then u will get q text and email with ur order number.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

For anyone that upgraded through JOD, did you have to electronically sign anything after you ordered?? Did you get an email confirmation of your order?
Don't put stock in just having an order number. That EIP email that you need to digitally sign should arrive in a matter of minutes. If you don't get it, don't wait. Contact them and make sure your order went thru correctly.

I placed my order about an hour after preorders opened on Tuesday night via DM on Twitter. They called me at the end of the order to get my CC info for down payment and then sent me an order number. I thought all was good. 7 hours later, I still didn't have an email. I contacted them again and sure enough my order so hadn't processed. They redid the whole order, including CC info, and this time I got the EIP email in about 2 minutes.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
@tourbound129 I did contact them a few hours after my order and he assured me that it went through. I even have the chat saved.

I DMed T-mobile Help on Twitter like you suggested, so maybe I can get a good answer.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
@tourbound129 I did contact them a few hours after my order and he assured me that it went through. I even have the chat saved.

I DMed T-mobile Help on Twitter like you suggested, so maybe I can get a good answer.
I forgot to put in there that I woke up about 2 hours after I got the order number and glanced at my phone and didn't have any emails from T-Mobile. I sent a DM, talked to the same person that placed my order, and she assured me the system was just busy and I should have the emails by morning. Add I said above, that didn't happen.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to put in there that I woke up about 2 hours after I got the order number and glanced at my phone and didn't have any emails from T-Mobile. I sent a DM, talked to the same person that placed my order, and she assured me the system was just busy and I should have the emails by morning. Add I said above, that didn't happen.
Great! Thank you.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I e signed before I submitted my order.

Status
Not open for further replies.