T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
It could be other carriers asking Samsung to make them wait longer. If other carriers are waiting until the agreed upon wait time and TMO ships early, I can see Verizon and AT&T complaining to Samsung about the agreements between manufacturers and carriers.
Nobody likes Tattletales!!

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I saw a video on Pocketnow I believe. He used Samsung's program, but I forgot what it's called. Smart Switch I believe. All his apps transferred over into the same folders and said his everything transferred just like it was on the Note 5. So I'd assume that if you use that it would put everything as you had it on your Note 5. He connected the phones through the OTG dongle included in the box. He said to have both phones charged first as the Note 7 will charge the Note 5 through the connector and it took a couple hours for the entire transfer to happen.
You can also do some transferring of items via NFC and touch backs... But yes, SmartSwitch will do this...

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Haven't received the shipping text nor have I been charged because supposedly it is on backorder. At least that matches the status I'm seeing online. Though the texts I'm getting are saying they can't process the payment on my card... which makes no sense.

PartiallySAPBackOrder is the status on my order. Rep confirmed I would get it by release date... this is so annoying. I placed it on 8/6, I shouldn't be on backorder.
And you actually SEE back ordered somewhere??

sirsagey

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They may have a deal or whatever, yea if it's a consumer yes but for businesses it will be different. You are probably talking about you or me walking into a store for shipping.
Again stating what I have seen before and ups picks up orders on Saturday for businesses. Will it happen this time? May be or may be not but just stating based on last pre order for major flagship.
Well no, not just that. Even Samsung did a shipment that UPS picked up on Saturday from them and my two day shipping was Wednesday delivery.

I've never had Saturday or Sunday count for any shipment I've gotten from anyone, except a paid for Saturday delivery.

Since they are being shipped from Lexington KY, that has has me suspecting the phones went from Samsung to UPS.ams have been sitting there. If I ship something from AL to TX it leaves here, goes up to KY and then South West to TX.

All UPS shipments go to KY and then are shorted to go to the states. That's why I suspected for pre-orders, that they come from Samsung to the shippers and that could be Samsung overseas.

Samsung is sending me a phone, but they have to get it from TMO. They said they don't have a warehouse for phones in TX, so they will have to have TMO send my phone.

Last edited:

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes but if you change the date like that, it is usually the next day. I have checked into changing delivery locations or even holding setting at the hub, it pushes the delivery date until the next day.
Usually bc they have to - reroute, and they don't stop everything make ur switch then fire it back up, thus - re routing typically 1 day delay (unless you request AFTER 1st delivery attempt)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Google bruh "ups weekend delivery" I think we gonna get it Monday or Tuesday but they do deliver on Saturday
Deliver on Saturday and ship on Saturday is two different things. Also deliver on Saturday is an extra cost. If you ship overnight on Friday or if something is shipped overnight to you on Friday, it is scheduled for Monday delivery. If you want it delivered on Saturday, it is "Overnight with Saturday delivery" and there is a charge.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I may have to do that because I work during the day and am unable.to take a half day waiting for it to arrive. Getting it at work would be a load of fun too :)
This is what I did... From the beginning tho (I knew there would be no overnight option for weekend) , so it's "coming to work with Dad day"

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I wondered about that. If Amy used Chrome or another browser to pin sites to her homescreen it may not transfer over the pinned sites, but if she used Samsung's browser it probably would.
You can sync Google accts and it should sync back up tho, same with Firefox and Opera too

Rob1119

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Also I think they want us to have the phones by Monday so we can set up the phone and install T-Mobile Tuesdays on our new galaxy note 7's!!!! come join T-Mobile and see what all the buzz is about

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I think they ship on Saturdays, but don't deliver on Saturdays without an extra fee paid. Moving items from airports to hubs and between hubs for example happens on Saturdays in the case of overnights. I wouldn't expect any kind of delivery on a Saturday, but I've gotten updates on Saturdays that items have arrived at a hub about 45 minutes away. Then on Monday morning an update that it's out for delivery from my local hub.
I have never had a shipment ship on Saturday. Even Amazon Prime orders have never shipped on Saturday for me if I order it late Friday night.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well no, not just that. Even Samsung did a shipment that UPS picked up on Saturday from them on a Saturday and my two day shipping was Wednesday delivery.

I've never had Saturday or Sunday count for any shipment I've gotten from anyone, except a paid for Saturday delivery.

Since they are being shipped from Lexington KY, that has has me suspecting the phones went from Samsung to UPS.ams have been sitting there. If I ship something from AL to TX it leaves here, goes up to KY and then South West to TX.

All UPS shipments go to KY and then are shorted to go to the states. That's why I suspected for pre-orders, that they come from Samsung to the shippers and that could be Samsung overseas.

Samsung is sending me a phone, but they have to get it from TMO. They said they don't have a warehouse for phones in TX, so they will have to have TMO send my phone.

Alright I might be just making it up when I told T-Mobile shipped S7 edge on Saturday,. Ups label created on Saturday, ups picked it up on the weekend, and many people got delivered on Monday since T-Mobile shipped the S7 edge with overnight shipping for pre orders.

We haven't seeing anyone with overnight shipping post tracking info here so doesn't matter for this release as of now.

Either way cool every one entitled to their own opinion.

sirsagey

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Well no, not just that. Even Samsung did a shipment that UPS picked up on Saturday from them on a Saturday and my two day shipping was Wednesday delivery.

Tmos distribution center is in Lexington also, though, isn't it? So it could go from Tmo at Lexington, to UPS hub at Lexington, then out to customers.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile hasn't offered Saturday delivery in about a year.

I used to order phones on Fridays and choose Saturday delivery because they always got here before noon. I did get one of my two S7 Edge phones delivered on a Saturday last March like many others who were waiting but that was after the release date and T-Mobile was clearly doing it to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000