T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkdood

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You need to stop and think about this a minute.

If there are 10,000 to process, then either one person will put the info in UPS.com for the label and tracking number or they will have like 5 people dividing it up and they each have 2000.

Susie Q might have the first 2000. John Doe that has order # 2001 to 4000 will process the info for UPS for order 2001 before Susie gets order # 103 even looked at yet.
That is a great point, unless they work from the same database and just pull the next one that comes up, rather than divvy them up first...

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just looked at another shipment I had from TMO, it came from Louisville

Where did we get they would come from Lexington? Someone said a while back that is where the phones come from.

So the TMO venter and the world hub are both in Louisville, which still makes sense for what I said about UPS possibly processing and holding them like the other member said about his friend's job.

TMO (or other vendors such as Amazon, etc) get a much better price on the shipping costs when sending a large volume of packages direct through a main hub such as Louisville (UPS) or Memphis (FedEx). A device preorder like the Note 7 or a new iPhone generates a high enough volume to set up temporary warehousing close to UPS and/or FedEx.

As someone in the transportation logistics business (many years at UPS and now with Walmart Transportation), everyone who has received a UPS tracking number (me included) will not likely see any movement until tomorrow (Sunday) night. All these packages are sitting in air containers that have yet to be scanned by UPS into their system. Expect delivery on Monday.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
TMO (or other vendors such as Amazon, etc) get a much better price on the shipping costs when sending a large volume of packages direct through a main hub such as Louisville (UPS) or Memphis (FedEx). A device preorder like the Note 7 or a new iPhone generates a high enough volume to set up temporary warehousing close to UPS and/or FedEx.

As someone in the transportation logistics business (many years at UPS and now with Walmart Transportation), everyone who has received a UPS tracking number (me included) will not likely see any movement until tomorrow (Sunday) night. All these packages are sitting in air containers that have yet to be scanned by UPS into their system. Expect delivery on Monday.
Exactly... now can we just all stop speculating... this is exactly how it works.

Anybody else's opinion is irrelevant.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

This guy gets it

If they shipped overnight, we have it Monday

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was gonna mention a possible threat of jumping ship to another carrier, but I would have to be REALLY mad, and actually considering it (no empty threats)... How long have you been with TMO (family account)?? They have always treated me well and rectified LOTS of issues with me due to my tenure with them (or at least they make it seem like that, but I buy it)... If you let them know your issues, and can't satisfy your inquiry, that may be the route you need to take to have them keep you as a customer (maybe)... But honestly, I just think their system is wacked out (always has been like this for pre-orders, and that part sucks) but if they tell you that things look cool on their end, I would trust them, until it is obvious that it wasn't, and then move forward with your complaint...

We been with them for 10 years now. Which is what ticks me too is some 20 dollar fee for processing the store charged me and didn't waive.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh also.. If he did both phones on one order, that could be it.

TMO said if multiple phones were on one order, it wouldn't ship until the order was complete. Any back orders would delay the entire order.

I read the other day on TMO's site where they said to do individual orders for each phone, so if one was delayed, all wouldn't be delayed.
Yup, I saw that too...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was gonna mention a possible threat of jumping ship to another carrier, but I would have to be REALLY mad, and actually considering it (no empty threats)... How long have you been with TMO (family account)?? They have always treated me well and rectified LOTS of issues with me due to my tenure with them (or at least they make it seem like that, but I buy it)... If you let them know your issues, and can't satisfy your inquiry, that may be the route you need to take to have them keep you as a customer (maybe)... But honestly, I just think their system is wacked out (always has been like this for pre-orders, and that part sucks) but if they tell you that things look cool on their end, I would trust them, until it is obvious that it wasn't, and then move forward with your complaint...
I think he is borrowing trouble that isn't there yet.

The card was charged, everyone isn't getting that processing text and if several people are processing these orders, which I'm betting there are several.. It isn't going to go in the order of putting the info in the UPS program by:

Order 1
Order 2
Order 3

Only one person could do the orders and processing if that was the case.

There are people here that have posted they didn't get the "we are processing" text but they got a text with a tracking number now.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
With everyone else getting their info and all it seems like something is screwed up with mine. FML lol. I think I'm just going to go buy it in person. How many days does it take for the money to get put back in my charge?
More than likely, since they can't even BEGIN reversing the charge until Monday, it could be 3-8days (which u may have ur device before that money ever gets back you) if all is well and they got you twisted over nothing...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That is a great point, unless they work from the same database and just pull the next one that comes up, rather than divvy them up first...

Yeah but even pulling from the same database, one person might have a question about order number 5 in the middle of processing and order 6-10 gets done before order 5 is completed.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Well we are talking about regular shipping here, not paying for extra things. It seems shippers will do some things on days that aren't regular shipping days and it gets treated like a Monday through Friday. It seems like they are doing that with phone shipments for TMO. They have let them ship for TMO on Saturday on the past.
True, not when auto-generarted by tmo, or something they pay for (unless they put the urgency on it bc they screwed u somehow)... I agree with that...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go check it out...he could be a troll
He just posted this, so..
1ba88dbfe88db9277398c5c0fcd7df57.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that is what I think they are doing. I had said long ago I didn't think they were even going to the carriers but to the hubs directly and processed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user